• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

Might be better to target Dede Westbrook in the draft for that speed

A single WR isn't going to do it though. You need a #1 and a #2. If you think Jordan Matthews can be a #2, which he probably could, you need a slot receiver to replace him there. I would draft a WR in the 1st/2nd round, but I wouldn't draft two WR in the first four rounds at all. Need CB and LB to complete the defense.

I just can't believe that there would be some huge market for him, after just 1.5 games. But then there are no QBs in this draft, and SF, CLE, and JAX really need QBs

There isn't. It's just Mike Lombardi swinging off Belichick's nuts again.

Between Mallet and Cassel We've seen definitively what Patriots QB castoffs do in the wild.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I kinda would like to see Washington vs. Patriots just because that'd be the most fitting Super Bowl for Trump's America.

Our QB isn't practicing because of a bum shoulder

Our kicker has what the coach describes as a "ballerina injury"

Our star middle linebacker MIGHT play

Double down on the Washington NFL Franchise for Monday

RBH

Rodgers v Brady Super Bowl is still my dream game. I think it'd be an incredibly entertaining matchup to watch.

Outside the Packers, my preferred matchups are something like:

Falcons v Chiefs
Falcons v Raiders
Falcons v Broncos
Falcons v Steelers
Falcons v Texans
Falcons v Titans
Falcons v Dolphins

(Broncos being my least favorite of these)

Or maybe Tampa Bay instead of Atlanta. Hell I'd take Washington also.

The other NFC teams like the Vikings, Seahawks, Giants, and Cowboys can fuck off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lPKU5qSO6A

squicken

Dede Westbrook has a domestic assault arrest (when he was 18), but no convictions

The Tulsa World report included details of two incidents, both of which occurred in Westbrook's hometown of Cameron, Texas. According to police reports, Westbrook was accused of throwing the mother of his two children to the ground in 2012, when he was 18, and biting the same woman's arm and punching her with a closed fist in 2013.

Neither incident resulted in a conviction for Westbrook.

"There were some disagreements in the past that were cleared up years ago," Westbrook said in a statement to Tulsa World. "We have resolved our issues and are focused on the future."
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-didnt-uncover-dede-westbrook-arrest-history/

Pepiope

Is there anyone who even believes that Dak is better than Romo?

The decision imo was always better QB vs. Hot hand.

Have I said how much I love that Dallas is sticking with Dak?

squicken

There isn't. It's just Mike Lombardi swinging off Belichick's nuts again.

Between Mallet and Cassel We've seen definitively what Patriots QB castoffs do in the wild.

I hope teams have learned from the Dak/Oswillier offseason. Don't go pay for unproven guys when there a bunch of unproven guys in the middle of the draft

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Looks like Theo Riddick, stud receiving RB, and our starting Center, Travis Swanson, aren't going to play.

Stafford was having difficulty with passing the ball in practice. Reports have been mixed though, he's done pretty well some practices but appears to be having noticeable pain.

Going to be a really tough game. If we can at least run the ball effectively for one game this season we can pull out the W.

Hindl

A single WR isn't going to do it though. You need a #1 and a #2. If you think Jordan Matthews can be a #2, which he probably could, you need a slot receiver to replace him there. I would draft a WR in the 1st/2nd round, but I wouldn't draft two WR in the first four rounds at all. Need CB and LB to complete the defense.

Well I was making that with the assumption we'd also target a WR in FA, which I think we'll definitely do. So do that, draft another WR and go from there. Not a ton of WR talent in the draft.

I think our LB corps is alright, Bradham is good and hicks is a beast. Kendricks has been mediocre but we're in nickel a lot anyway so that's not as big a deal. I really think we should target two CBs in the first four rounds, maybe even 1st/2nd depending how the board shakes out. I think Foreman might be available in the 3rd as a good RB, and there's lower level WRs to take in the later rounds

Well I was making that with the assumption we'd also target a WR in FA, which I think we'll definitely do. So do that, draft another WR and go from there. Not a ton of WR talent in the draft.

I think our LB corps is alright, Bradham is good and hicks is a beast. Kendricks has been mediocre but we're in nickel a lot anyway so that's not as big a deal. I really think we should target two CBs in the first four rounds, maybe even 1st/2nd depending how the board shakes out. I think Foreman might be available in the 3rd as a good RB, and there's lower level WRs to take in the later rounds

Nah, the LB corps is not as good as you think. Hicks would be better as a Will than he is as a Mike. He's a good Mike, but he's got such play making ability that I think he'd crush on the weak side. Need a bigger body at Mike. Bradham is fine, but who knows if he'll be suspended next season due to his pending legal issues. Kendricks isn't really ideal in this defense and should probably be traded. He's a great pass rusher but his tackling and coverage can be suspect at times. More to the point, there's little depth at that position. If they can get a solid MLB and move Hicks to Will they will have an outstanding set of LBs.

I am iffy on getting two CBs in the first four rounds because the offense could use some help. WR in the second, and RB in the third could work. They do have two fourth round picks though, so if you're going CB in the 1st I wouldn't mind picking up a second one in the fourth. It's hard to speculate at this point.

RBH

Turf toe is no joke.

Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn changed the wording on star wide receiver Julio Jones' injury Wednesday, referring to it as a "sprain" rather than turf toe.

"Julio has a toe sprain, it's not turf toe," Quinn said in an interview on Atlanta's 92.9 The Game radio. "But he does have a toe sprain. For him, we're going to take him day to day. He'll maybe do some of the walkthrough today, but he won't participate in the full-team activity at practice. So, he's still dealing with that sprain. It's definitely improving. But in terms of full-speed cutting on it, we're not there yet."

At a news conference on Wednesday afternoon, Quinn was asked about redefining Jones' injury status.

"Honestly, just for me, I didn't have enough information medically to speak on it," he said. "That certainly would have been a good thing to clear up last week, so I apologize for that."

Quinn said the injury isn't a long-term problem and that he expects Jones to be back shortly.

Quinn initially called Jones' injury "turf toe" after Jones was injured a few weeks ago against the Kansas City Chiefs. Turf toe is a sprain of the ligaments surrounding the big toe.

A sprain, however, could suggest a mild sprain to the metatarsophalangeal joint (big toe). Medical experts say such a mild sprain typically calls for one to four weeks of recovery.

Jones missed the game Sunday against the Los Angeles Rams.

During the radio interview, Quinn also reiterated that wide receiver Mohamed Sanu (groin) will return to practice on Wednesday. Quinn did not offer any details on the status of cornerback Jalen Collins, who was scheduled to get his knee checked Monday.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eceiver-julio-jones-sprained-toe-not-turf-toe

squicken

Houston should've held off and traded for Bradford.

The Texans need to draft a mid round QB and hope he or Savage can take the job next offseason. Of course they may play the Phins in the playoffs and Brock will have a playoff win under his belt

Cz0UD2gUUAEVA95.jpg:large

Julio is out for Sunday..

Not that it matters... Atlanta would have to find away to trip over their own dicks to lose that game.

Assuming they aren't whipping them out at a gas station...

Tom Penny

I hope teams have learned from the Dak/Oswillier offseason. Don't go pay for unproven guys when there a bunch of unproven guys in the middle of the draft
Garrapplo is GOAT material. Had like a 130 qb rating his first two games. Can Brock do that combing two games together?

Are you? Bradford is several orders of magnitude better then Brock. There is no comparing them, plus Bradford wouldnt have cost such an insane contract. There has never been a more clear case of a team making the worng choice in NFL history.

You're right. Bradford is several multiple times that zero Brock Osweiller.

Are you? Bradford is several orders of magnitude better then Brock. There is no comparing them, plus Bradford wouldnt have cost such an insane contract. There has never been a more clear case of a team making the worng choice in NFL history.

I don't think Bradford was on the block when they signed Assweiler.

Mindlog

Alright old GAF. Anyone use a portable/single serving blender/mixer/juicer whatever?
Something like so:
ALTrN7u.jpg

Will probably just buy that one, but I don't really know what I'm looking for with these things.
The Browns one got me lol
I keep going back and forth on writing 'Trash' on the trash can.
It's very political cartoon, but something about it makes it extra funny.

Tom Penny

Alright old GAF. Anyone use a portable/single serving blender/mixer/juicer whatever?
Something like so:
ALTrN7u.jpg

Will probably just buy that one, but I don't really know what I'm looking for with these things.

I keep going back and forth on writing 'Trash' on the trash can.
It's very political cartoon, but something about it makes it extra funny.
Get a single server ninja they work really well.

Would the Texans be a better team this year with Bradford or not? Would Bradford have cost them less money?

For a football team, 72 million dollars is far easier to replace than 2 first round picks.

I get that you and Pep are drinking this guys Kool Aid but Bradford's ceiling is incredibly low. This great QB has never even started a playoff game.

squicken

I don't think Bradford was on the block when they signed Assweiler.

Bradford said he talked to Roseman and Dougie and told his agent to get it done with the Eagles. Philly media has said Lurie told Howie to re-sign Bradford. I think his agent got a read on the market and knew that the Texans were the only team handing out big money, and they wanted Oswillier

For a football team, 72 million dollars is far easier to replace than 2 first round picks.

Only one 1st actually:

The Vikings will give up a first-round pick in 2017 and an additional pick in 2018.

The fourth-round pick in 2018 can escalate to as much as a second-rounder if the Vikings win the Super Bowl and Bradford plays 80% of the snaps.

Thank you. Been saying it wince the signing money can be replaced , draft picks are gone forever.

Also the cap should be around $170 million next year, large jump from this year

Texans are in the hunt for the playoffs even with the worst QB play in the league. If they even had an average QB they could be in the hunt for a SB, but sure hold onto to that 1st round pick. I am sure the guy that they get at 20 will put them over the top next year.

BigAT

I get that you and Pep are drinking this guys Kool Aid but Bradford's ceiling is incredibly low. This great QB has never even started a playoff game.

Wait, are we talking about real first round picks or a worthless asset like Browns first round picks?

Thank you. Been saying it wince the signing money can be replaced , draft picks are gone forever.

Also the cap should be around $170 million next year, large jump from this year

168 I believe is what I've read which is great because Miami will have around 50 Million after a few expect roster moves.

Hindl

Nah, the LB corps is not as good as you think. Hicks would be better as a Will than he is as a Mike. He's a good Mike, but he's got such play making ability that I think he'd crush on the weak side. Need a bigger body at Mike. Bradham is fine, but who knows if he'll be suspended next season due to his pending legal issues. Kendricks isn't really ideal in this defense and should probably be traded. He's a great pass rusher but his tackling and coverage can be suspect at times. More to the point, there's little depth at that position. If they can get a solid MLB and move Hicks to Will they will have an outstanding set of LBs.

I am iffy on getting two CBs in the first four rounds because the offense could use some help. WR in the second, and RB in the third could work. They do have two fourth round picks though, so if you're going CB in the 1st I wouldn't mind picking up a second one in the fourth. It's hard to speculate at this point.

Good point on Bradham, if that falls apart I'd agree. I think hicks would be a good Will but he's a good Mike and I dunno where to get another. This draft isn't looking great for LBs either, and there's bigger areas of need. I agree on Kendricks mostly, I wouldn't mind him being traded, and I don't want him long term, but he's been alright enough where we can focus on other areas. I agree on getting depth, but if I have two defensive picks, I think drafting two CBs is going to have a bigger impact on the defense than 1 CB and 1 LB. Especially since this is a deep CB class. Our LBs are alright but our CBs are trash. If we go LB then we could have elite LBs but mediocre CBs. But we could stay with our above average LBs and get average CBs. I think that's the better way to make an immediate upgrade.

And yeah, that's why I'd ideally go
1 CB
2 WR
3 RB
4a CB
4b BPA

All depends how the draft board shakes out tho. If they can get Dalvin Cook in the first I'd probably go him. But I definitely want to walk away with a RB and a WR

Top Bottom