• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

MechDX

Texans PR ‏@TexansPR 3m3 minutes ago
.@HoustonTexans are only team in @NFL that hasn’t allowed a 300-yard passer in 2016 & lead @NFL by giving up only 305.7 total yards per game

All this without Watt and 1st round pick(last year)CB Kevin Johnson. Crennel deserves some consideration for assistant coach of the year

Imagine if the Texans had a functioning offense.

Someone was talking about draft classes a few weeks ago, and while I'll type up something more detailed in the offseason, I just wanted to make a note.

The Steelers played 5 of their draft picks against the Ravens yesterday. One other draft pick was poached off the practice squad and is on the Saints roster and the last draft pick is on IR and he'll be making the team next year if he's healthy. The first 3 picks are already starting, the 4th looks like a future starter and the other 3 could be long term contributors in the league. GM Kevin Colbert's best draft ever.

Was it you or Deacon who called the Hargrave pick? I can't remember. So happy we got him. Burns has looked both impressive and lol-worthy out there at times. Hoping he gets better over time. I've really liked Sean Davis over the past few weeks. Seems like Butler is starting to use him more and more in that Polamalu style of blitzing.

And we just keep finding these WRs who step up. Rogers (I guess he's a rookie even though he was signed undrafted in 2015 but didn't play?) made a helluva catch on that last drive. Ayers stepped up.

I mean, you look at the depth at WR and you gotta wonder what we do in the offseason. I don't think we spend money on Wheaton. Hopefully Bryant has his head together and can come back strong.

Brown, Bryant, Coates, Rogers, Ayers, DHB ... that's a deep receiving corps.

Damn, would've been great to have Bryant this year.

My 2 year old niece likes to watch YouTube videos of people opening kinder eggs

The next generation is fucked!
Are those like surprise eggs? We can't give my daughter the tablet any more because all she does is watch surprise egg videos.

The Philadelphia eagles this year have 339 receptions for 3,385 yards, 30th in the league - putting the Eagles on pace for their worst yards-per-completion average since 1998. Funny last year a few idiots tried to say that Sammy B was the reason that the wrs were so ass.

Slo

Too much talk Tannehill might make it back for the playoffs. Seems unlikely? And would he perform well?

tve21360-3847-20161002-0.jpg

Too much talk Tannehill might make it back for the playoffs. Seems unlikely? And would he perform well?

I'd rather they shut him down for the rest of the year, with this defense we aren't winning the Superbowl anyways so I'd rather not risk further injury. RG3 had a similar sprain and they rushed him back for the playoff game his rookie season and he ended up tearing the ACL anyways. I know Tannehill is stronger than RG3 but still I'd rather not risk it, I want him to go through the full offseason with Gase as healthy as possible.

No one gave a shit because no one thought the Dolphins were capable of success. Bionic is going to be severely disappointed by this turn...

I'm sorry friend but dibs are dibs, I mean if you started working on it already I guess I could take the wildcard thread instead,

Happy for my Dolphins, my Texans, and my Chiefs.

Go Team!

[I'm willing to root for whoever and whatever it takes to keep me from having to pick between the Falcons and Pats in the Super Bowl]

Dishwalla

Banned
I wish Derek Carr a speedy and full recovery. Don't even think about the possibility of him playing in the playoffs or the super bowl if by some miraculous scenario we get that far(we won't). Get him healed and healthy and ready to kick some ass next season. Would have loved for him to have some playoff experience this year, but sometimes things just don't work out the way you wanted them to.

Bread

Banned
Breadstream needs to start working on the next generation !!
We will make adult surprise eggs, with special alcohol in each of them!
Are those like surprise eggs? We can't give my daughter the tablet any more because all she does is watch surprise egg videos.
Lmao yes that's exactly what she's been watching. She almost bought a $4 app that just has surprise egg videos, damn vultures trying to take advantage of kids with tablets.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Was it you or Deacon who called the Hargrave pick? I can't remember. So happy we got him. Burns has looked both impressive and lol-worthy out there at times. Hoping he gets better over time. I've really liked Sean Davis over the past few weeks. Seems like Butler is starting to use him more and more in that Polamalu style of blitzing.

And we just keep finding these WRs who step up. Rogers (I guess he's a rookie even though he was signed undrafted in 2015 but didn't play?) made a helluva catch on that last drive. Ayers stepped up.

I mean, you look at the depth at WR and you gotta wonder what we do in the offseason. I don't think we spend money on Wheaton. Hopefully Bryant has his head together and can come back strong.

Brown, Bryant, Coates, Rogers, Ayers, DHB ... that's a deep receiving corps.

Damn, would've been great to have Bryant this year.

I'm not sure what happens with Wheaton. He's going to have to sign a 'prove it' deal somewhere. He's a great guy with good hands and runs good routes, but outside of a few games here and there, he and Ben have never really seemed to click.

I'd rather they shut him down for the rest of the year, with this defense we aren't winning the Superbowl anyways so I'd rather not risk further injury. RG3 had a similar sprain and they rushed him back for the playoff game his rookie season and he ended up tearing the ACL anyways. I know Tannehill is stronger than RG3 but still I'd rather not risk it, I want him to go through the full offseason with Gase as healthy as possible.

I'm sorry friend but dibs are dibs, I mean if you started working on it already I guess I could take the wildcard thread instead,

I wish Derek Carr a speedy and full recovery. Don't even think about the possibility of him playing in the playoffs or the super bowl if by some miraculous scenario we get that far(we won't). Get him healed and healthy and ready to kick some ass next season. Would have loved for him to have some playoff experience this year, but sometimes things just don't work out the way you wanted them to.

It's amazing what the Trumpriots have manufactured to give themselves a better chance to make the Super Bowl.

JABEE

The Philadelphia eagles this year have 339 receptions for 3,385 yards, 30th in the league - putting the Eagles on pace for their worst yards-per-completion average since 1998. Funny last year a few idiots tried to say that Sammy B was the reason that the wrs were so ass.

Adam Schefter said something about two surprise firings!

Joe PersonVerified account
‏@josephperson
Ron Rivera says it was tough watching the Sunday games with playoff implications, knowing Panthers were part of those convos the past 3 yrs.

That's what happens when you try to cover the cracks in your fine china with $.99 duct tape from the dollar store.

squicken

Remember when last year's surprise firing was Chip? Man that was great.

Writing was on the wall, in retrospect. Players were in open mutiny with Billy Davis at the end of the year, and the vets hated Chip's tempo. Once he canceled the Christmas party Lurie had no choice

The surprise there (at least for me) wasn't that he was canned, it was that he was canned before the Week 17 game

You got to be impressively bad and aggravating at your job for them to go 99% of the distance and then get rid of you right before that last inch

Yankee does not want the Eagles to succeed if it means Howie being right.
Howie has had 10 years to succeed so far and has failed miserably, lucky for me I never have to worry about the eagles succeeding with him in charge.

Hey mech the wife got me titanfall 2 for xmass. If you see me on some time shoot me an invite.

Pepiope

Howie has had 10 years to succeed so far and has failed miserably, lucky for me I never have to worry about the eagles succeeding with him in charge.
This is his first year 100% in charge, and he's led one of the best off-seasons in recent team history, and his first draft class looks incredibly promising.

squicken

I totally missed George Michael dying. He had an awesome run of hits in his prime. You youngs could never imagine the controversy around "I Want Your Sex". RIP

This is his first year 100% in charge, and he's led one of the best off-seasons in recent team history, and his first draft class looks incredibly promising.
It is not his first year 100% in charge. No idea where you got that from. He even admitted that the Marcus Smith pick was on him and not chip, clearly he was in charge that year. The year Russ was in the draft Reid wanted Russ in the 2nd round and Howie overruled him, so he was also in charge that year. Last offseason was not a good one at all. This team is worse then it was the year before. He gave away talent like crazy, Murray for a 4th, Kiko and Maxwell just to move up a few spots, Rowe for a 4th. He also gave out terrible contracts to curry and ertz. He did nothing to fill the hole he made at Rb, or cb, and he also did nothing to help at wr. Howie is the worst gm in the league and every day more and more people are seeing, soon even lurie will see it. Tick tock.

Top Bottom