• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

MechDX

Sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

Save us Aguayo

LL

Hindl

The Vikings need to lose to the bears next week. It will likely hand the Eagles a top 10 pick.

If they don't and the pick lands in the teens, I'd think about trading back depending who's on the board. The possibility of getting an additional 2nd/3rd would be tempting

OTOH, it's Matt Barkley

Max HensonVerified account
‏@PanthersMax
Interesting from Rivera on Cam: "He’s getting older and he’s going to be a different style player... We have to evolve."

I'm going to choose to read this as: "I'm going to fire Shula"

What it probably means is: "Shula is an innovative mind and he's just the man we need to lead us back to where we need to be"

squicken

The Vikings need to lose to the bears next week. It will likely hand the Eagles a top 10 pick.

The center spiked a shotgun snap Saturday. I've seen snaps that are grounders, high, to the left or right. But I've never seen a snap go nowhere. It was objectively the worst snap ever. He said that there was dew all over the field but, on that spot of the field, the grass had dried, and there was too much friction. There are no limits when the center cannot overcome a dry football field

RBH

Working in the ER on the day after Christmas is the absolute fucking worst.

Everyone puts off their medical problems on Christmas Day, and then they all come at the same time to the ER the following day like a fucking animal stampede.

Everyone puts off their medical problems on Christmas Day, and then they all come at the same time to the ER the following day like a fucking animal stampede.
smh referring to his patients as animals

smh the cism

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
On one hand I'm kind of nervous for tonight's game and Sunday's. On another hand I've always loved being the underdog and that's what this team is. Yeah we laid an egg against the Giants last week but how many people actually thought the Detroit Lions would be in this position to begin with?

It's Detroit vs. Everybody

LETS GO

Pepiope

The only good thing about the eagles being doomed to failure the next few years is going to be watching you squirm.
Assuming the Eagles get Jackson (which I do not agree with) and draft a couple offensive weapons plus sure up the DBs next off-season. I can definitely see us in the playoffs. It's gonna be so good watching you applaud Howie.

Hindl

Assuming the Eagles get Jackson (which I do not agree with) and draft a couple offensive weapons plus sure up the DBs next off-season. I can definitely see us in the playoffs. It's gonna be so good watching you applaud Howie.

I think they could get Jackson on a team-friendly deal, which I would be ok with. Even if he's lost a step he's still blazingly fast, and if he takes a 2 year deal that isn't crippling that would be great. I'd probably prefer Kenny Britt and targeting Dede Westbrook in the later rounds though. I'm curious if they go after a CB in FA and if they keep Bennie Logan. I'd love to keep Bennie, but he might be priced out of the Eagles' cap space. Can't even really talk about the draft before we see what happens in FA since there's so many options.

Pepiope

I think they could get Jackson on a team-friendly deal, which I would be ok with. Even if he's lost a step he's still blazingly fast, and if he takes a 2 year deal that isn't crippling that would be great. I'd probably prefer Kenny Britt and targeting Dede Westbrook in the later rounds though. I'm curious if they go after a CB in FA and if they keep Bennie Logan. I'd love to keep Bennie, but he might be priced out of the Eagles' cap space. Can't even really talk about the draft before we see what happens in FA since there's so many options.
I just don't see Jackson agreeing to a team friendly deal. Would be nice, but he's going to cost more than he's worth.

Hindl

I just don't see Jackson agreeing to a team friendly deal. Would be nice, but he's going to cost more than he's worth.

I agree, but that whole thing Shady said makes me think he'd take it. He loves Doug and obviously wants to return to Philly, and I think there's a chance. But if he's too expensive he's not worth it I agree.

So assuming Howie fixes 2 positions he totally ignored this year. Lol, one of will be happy when this dark period is over and it is going to be me.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Meet the Matthew Stafford known only by his inner circle

“I think a lot of people in this world live in like a vacuum. They believe one thing and then only listen to only that one thing and don’t listen to anything else,” Stafford told ESPN.com recently. “You know, it’s as evident as anything in politics these days. Every Republican listens to Fox News, and every Democrat listens to CNN -- and probably deletes the channel off DirecTV of the other one. They just live in a vacuum and say, ‘Here’s what I believe and I’m just going to listen to that all day and I’m going to hear it and I’m going to go, yes, yes, yes, I’m right, I’m right, I’m right.’

They remember the biggest kid on the basketball court getting frustrated with his smaller friends when they would dribble past him to the hoop. They remember the college student pumped up by reaching free-burrito status on his Chipotle punch card.

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-li...s-true-to-himself-loved-ones-by-keeping-close

tocry.png

Top Bottom