• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

Eagles-GAF, I need your counsel. From a fan of one franchise with no Owls to another (no your championships before the leagues merged and before they let black people into the stadiums don't count)

How did you deal with your team being cartoonishly inept while watching a division rival (in your case, Eli, my case, Cowardly Ryan) be on the precipice of championship success?

And to open it up to the general NFL-GAF floor: Is it OK to root for the Patriots in a theoretical Pats-Falcons Owl? Yall don't want to see what it's gonna be like down here if the noisy neighbors from down I-85 win a ring.

Can't wait until I can say Jim Bob Cooter is my head coach.

A2hLg3n.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Eagles-GAF, I need your counsel. From a fan of one franchise with no Owls to another (no your championships before the leagues merged and before they let black people into the stadiums don't count)

How did you deal with your team being cartoonishly inept while watching a division rival (in your case, Eli, my case, Cowardly Ryan) be on the precipice of championship success?

And to open it up to the general NFL-GAF floor: Is it OK to root for the Patriots in a theoretical Pats-Falcons Owl? Yall don't want to see what it's gonna be like down here if the noisy neighbors from down I-85 win a ring.

Cowardly Ryan) be on the precipice of championship success?

A2hLg3n.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's okay to root for the Pats over any NFC team. Giants are cheaters. Cowboy's are "America's Team" Seachickens are Drug Addicts. Green Bay to get revenge for Drew Bledsoe.

I'm personally fine with the Falcons but only if they bring back the Dirty Bird.

MechDX

Sexy Rexy and his terrible brother. Rob gonna be salty that there is one less DC job available since Rex ain't getting another HC job.

Schefter said on NFL Sunday that there will be a minimum of two surprise HC firings. Two that no one saw coming....

Beach

Woke up and Carr still has a broken Fibula. Why? :(

Merry Christmas NFL-GAF. Season started off horrible but this will probably be the most exciting playoffs in a while.

Going to play some football at the park and hope my body doesn't give

Edit: Our best chance in the playoffs is that we go all Giants with their Earth-Wind-Fire attack a few years ago with Jacobs-Bradshaw-Ward but now with Murray-Washington-Richard. On defense our D-Line has to carry us through 4 quarters. Maybe Goodell will bring Aldon back once he realizes he's been suspended longer than someone who beat his child...

Well let's compare the situation between you and weinke who cheered for the patriots against the seahawks..

You are cheering against your divisional rival which is actually understandable.

Weinke was not because he was just mad his team choked and let that saltiness blind him to all reason..

Vastly different situations and if it were a Falcons/Patriots Super Bowl.. I would not think any less of you for it.

I have my birth certificate and your ass ain't on it..

Im president of NFL Gaf. :p
The hell you are

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Really bummed Carr is hurt. The Raiders felt like a safe "backup" team in the playoffs. Heard it was the first playoffs since 2002 for them. Sad!

I don't believe the story. (The original). Feels like a built in excuse to suck.

Yeah when I read that I was like "yeah I'm sure the entire secondary said 'fuck the coach'". I'm shocked they even did one series honestly. It's not like Zimmer is a lame duck coach and they're just playing for contracts.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Floy

If you didn't realize the Seahawks and Packers are rivals since the Touchdownterception and when Brandon Browner tried to murder Greg Jennings then well I don't know what to tell you

Hindl

Drink away the pain. Although in the Giants case I don't actually mind them. The Giants for the last 12 years have been mediocre, and every 4 years Eli's extra chromosome clicks into place and they defeat the Pats. I'd take the Giants over the Pats any day. I have no ill will toward the Giants, although I'm sure they have it toward the Eagles. Pats vs rival is a tough choice, I guess this would be equivalent to Cowboys/Pats for me, whereas Giants/Pats is probably more like Bucs/Pats to you.

If Washington or Dallas wins that's a different story and I'm not sure how I'll deal. You're lucky though your team has only been cartoonishly inept for 20ish years, whereas that's the entire history of the Eagles in the Super Bowl era. The sad part is even given the rough patch since 2008 Eagles have been more relevant since 2000 than ever before, but you just get used to being disappointed.

this_guy

Google Play movies has a 50% off all movies gift thingie going on right now. Just got the Ironman movie bundle (all 3 movies) for $19.99, and paid using my credit balance from my Google Opinion Rewards app. So it was free.

Will post tomorrow about what I get with my 40% off Palais Royal (limit 1 item)!

Top Bottom