• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 17 |OT| Miami has the Dolphins...the Greatest football team...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There's a thread on the Giants forum talking about the 2004 QB class, fucking hell, Big Ben had number one defense in points given up 5 times in his career, Eli had a top 5 defense twice, second one this season...Ben rarely had to take risk he could go 3 and out 4 times in a row and knew he get the ball back...Eli had to take huge risk to put points on the board know his defense was shit, Eli average defensive rank through out his career is 18th..Ben average defensive is 6th...

...number one defense?

I hope to hell New York doesn't end up in Green Bay. Maybe Seattle can shit the bed against San Francisco!

Everyone keeps ragging on the AFCS but it's not the worst division right now. 3 teams will be .500 or better when the season ends.

Look at the NFCW and AFCN
Steelers could make noise in the playoffs as could the Seahawks. Texans have no chance. Sorry friend, but you know this to be true. AFCS is a dumpster fire until the Titans mature, Colts get Luck some help, or Texans find a QB. No one from that division is a threat and it's been that way since Peyton left and Schaub melted.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If the Giants end up coming to Green Bay, I think McCarthy will get his 4th one-and-done in the playoffs

I think the upside is that at least we wouldn't be playing against Coughlin. The Giants are a team that haven't found their post season identity with McAdoo yet.

How similar is the 2007 or 2011 teams to this 2016 team anyway?

Sephzilla

I think the upside is that at least we wouldn't be playing against Coughlin. The Giants are a team that haven't found their post season identity with McAdoo yet.

True. However Eli's ability to go Super Saiyan in the playoffs always scares me

If the Giants end up coming to Green Bay, I think McCarthy will get his 4th one-and-done in the playoffs

Giants offense is crap, the o-line struggles, LT Flowers is a huge bust, whoever the Giants play in the playoffs, attack, attack, attack, Left tackle flowers all day, you will force Eli to make mistake or even get strip sacks..

MechDX

Steelers could make noise in the playoffs as could the Seahawks. Texans have no chance. Sorry friend, but you know this to be true. AFCS is a dumpster fire until the Titans mature, Colts get Luck some help, or Texans find a QB. No one from that division is a threat and it's been that way since Peyton left and Schaub melted.

I'm not disagreeing with you but the collective records of the divisions say otherwise as far as "worst division "

I'm not disagreeing with you but the collective records of the divisions say otherwise as far as "worst division "
Yeah, I guess it comes down to what you think makes a good division. I'd say one legit contender and a decent team makes for a better division than three mediocre teams. Plus the AFCS always gets a ton of wins from within the division, just ask the Colts of previous years.

Line_HTX

If the Packers and Seahawks win, that means the Giants come to Green Bay....

giphy.gif

Giants offense has been pretty doo-doo as of late.

How similar is the 2007 or 2011 teams to this 2016 team anyway?

Eli sure as hell had a better year in 2011 than 2016 and was enough to carry a middling defense into the postseason that got its shit together. I mean we've seen how much this offense has struggled this year.

This team is fucking weird though because for all the offensive struggling it is not at all surprising if they suddenly clicked and run the table or... just go out in the wildcard.

The Giants are a team that haven't found their post season identity with McAdoo yet.

This is key, too.

I know, statistically these Giants aren't that intimidating. But playoffs + Giants + Lambeau always leaves me going

I think the Giants defense is better now than when they played A.A. Ron but he's on a hell of a hot streak and is good for huge plays.

this_guy

Yeah, I guess it comes down to what you think makes a good division. I'd say one legit contender and a decent team makes for a better division than three mediocre teams. Plus the AFCS always gets a ton of wins from within the division, just ask the Colts of previous years.

Every division leader gets a ton of wins from within the division.

The Titans have a losing record in the AFCS but a winning record outside of it.

MechDX

Every division leader gets a ton of wins from within the division.

The Titans have a losing record in the AFCS but a winning record outside of it.

The Texans are the complete opposite of the Titans. lol. Unbeaten in the division!

Bottom 5 in DVOA, QB was last or bottom 2 in every major statistical category until week 15, bottom 5 in turnover ratio yet they have the #1 ranked D in terms of yards per game

Such a weird year. I blame the Palais Royale promotion

this_guy

The Texans are the complete opposite of the Titans. lol. Unbeaten in the division!

Bottom 5 in DVOA, QB was last or bottom 2 in every major statistical category until week 15, bottom 5 in turnover ratio yet they have the #1 ranked D in terms of yards per game

Such a weird year. I blame the Palais Royale promotion

Palais Royal and McDonalds gave Texans fans something to cheer for.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
2008, his first year as a starter.

Probably should have missed it in 2013 when he was injured but then Detroit did the most Detroit thing and let Green Bay win the division. Three years later and I'm still shocked that Detroit couldn't win it even after having the path wide open to do so.

Tom Penny

Remember when Tannehill clinched a playoff spot for his team?

The Miami Dolphins blew an early lead to complete a late-season collapse that will keep them out of the playoffs for a fifth year in a row.

Miami was eliminated from the scramble for the AFC's final wild-card berth Sunday by the New York Jets, who thrived in the role of spoilers against their archrivals and won 20-7.

The only points of the season's final two weeks for the Dolphins put them ahead 7-0 in the second quarter, but the Jets rallied by mounting touchdown drives of 71 and 80 yards on their final possessions of the first half.

🤔

Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl 2m 2 minutes ago
# NFL announced: NFL partnering with the East-West Shrine Game to increase development opportunities for coaches and draft-eligible players.

Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl 2m 2 minutes ago
NFL will supply the coaching staffs for the 2 teams from among current league assistant coaches whose teams do not advance to the playoffs.

Alex Smith Dak 23/4 68% 8 yards a play 6 rushing TD's 105 rating
Brock Wentz 14/14 62% 6.25 yards a play 2 rushing TD's 78 rating
Can't blame Wentz for that though. He is stuck with Dougie at head coach and Howie at gm. No one could overcome that much suck. Let's see what he is when he has a real head coach and gm.

David NewtonVerified account
‏@DNewtonespn
Panthers third-string quarterback Joe Webb was doing all the throwing during media portion of practice.

When your season is over...

Top Bottom