• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 17 |OT| Miami has the Dolphins...the Greatest football team...

squicken

Is he really a good fit in Kubiak's system?

RG3 was the best Shanny/Kubiak QB aside from Elway (or Ryan). Need a QB that can sell PA and throw on the boot. Only issue could be bts stuff. Maybe there's something about Tyrod we don't know that pissed off people there? Kubiak is very rigid in how he wants his system run

Yelling and looking like a jackass has worked wonders for Philip Rivers.

Rivers is a cry baby, that's the difference.

philip_rivers_memes_20.jpg

MechDX

Texans PR ‏@TexansPR 3m3 minutes ago
The @HoustonTexans rank as No.1 defense in @NFL in 2016 despite using 14 different starting lineups & having 20 different players start on D

YDfgH75.png

Amazing stat and without JJ Watt

Rookie DJ Reader has really turned into a player at the NT spot. Heir to Wilfork.

MechDX

Now that we know what Patriots want for Jimmy Garoppolo, would you trade for him?

Here’s what we know about Garoppolo. He has the pedigree of a late second-round pick. He has a sparkling 107.4 rating, but that comes over just 93 career passes. He has five touchdowns and no interceptions, and has generally looked good in his limited NFL action. He has played well within the Patriots’ scheme, though there are moments you are reminded he’s very inexperienced

If you could just bottle up what Garoppolo has shown over 93 NFL passes and assume he’d keep doing that in a different environment for the next 10 years, you’d be thrilled to trade just a first and fourth for him. But we know that’s not guaranteed. Brock Osweiler had seven promising starts with the Denver Broncos last season, he was a former second-round pick and the Houston Texans gambled a big contract on him. That didn’t work out. Osweiler was benched for Tom Savage two games ago. No matter how good Garoppolo has looked in limited action, you’d be trading a lot for a player who will be making his third career start on opening day next season.

And unlike a potential Garoppolo trade, the Texans didn’t even have to give up any draft picks to get Osweiler. Garoppolo’s rookie contract is up after 2017, so a team would have to give up the picks in a trade and give him a mega-deal to him before he hits free agency – no team is sending a first- and fourth-round pick to New England for one year of Garoppolo

So with the Osweiler signing fresh in every GM's mind no one is giving anything near what the Pats are rumored to be asking for JG.

MechDX

How much would brock be worth as a backup? Can you trade a player and partially subsidize his salary ala ARod to the yankees?

You can rework his deal. Give him more bonus up front and lower the cap hit of the team who trades for him. Probably isnt happening though and it really isnt a huge deal. As I said when the signing happened its just money, that can be replaced. Draft picks are gone forever

Texans can re-sign players (Hopkins, Bouye) easily. Just wont have a ton to spend on free agents is the only negative, cap wise anyway

bionic77

Sorry Florida bros, but once you get outside of 2 or 3 cities in Florida that state is such a shithole.

They should be on their knees every fucking day thanking Walt for saving their state from being Alabama 2.0.

Disney is still pretty dope but man it is pain to drive around in that city. We went to Legoland and did some other stuff so we didn't stay at the resort. Next time I am definitely staying at the resort. So much more convenient.

Also, AB did it! I really hope we win a SB just for him. He is the Steeler who deserves it more than any other Steeler that I have followed. This is where I say sorry to BLarry but don't really mean it.

Sorry BLarry, that was a tough loss. Your qb and team are great. Maybe next year.

MechDX

I believed it Chris... I told you he could be able to come back..

We are doing it friend :)

Welp.....Tannehill will now regress and be out next season as well. Way to go Floyd

The way Houston really fucked that up is getting smoked by Brisket. Pats QBs are system QBs that don't thrive w/o Belichick pulling the strings

So in a weird, fucked up way, the Texans are doing what most of the rest of the league (except Eli) can't! Stopping the Patriots! #DoinIt

You couldn't pay me enough to take snaps as the Browns QB this year. OLine protection has to be among the very worst in the NFL. Bottom 3 or 4, gotta be. We send our QBs out to die.
I will say it's been a combination of things year. All the injuries and rotating of different guys week to week for what ever reasons. Even this week Cam is gonna try out Right tackle. Also it dosent help that our qbs tend to hold the ball longer then needed

this_guy

The way Houston really fucked that up is getting smoked by Brisket. Pats QBs are system QBs that don't thrive w/o Belichick pulling the strings

I disagree - Houston still won their division while showing the world the Pats don't need Tom Brady to win games. Your welcome

MechDX

I disagree - Houston still won their division while showing the world the Pats don't need Tom Brady to win games. Your welcome

Man we keep winning this season! Nuggets, 50% off Papa Johns, 40% off one item at Palais Royale, stopping the Pats, proving the Pats and now have a sexy franchise QB!

giphy.gif

this_guy

Man we keep winning this season! Nuggets, 50% off Pap Johns, 40% off one item at Palais Royale, stopping the Pats, proving the Pats and now have a sexy franchise QB!

giphy.gif

Exactly. I'm ok with not getting my 40% discount from Palais Royal (limit 1 item) for one week if it shows Brady is nothing more than a system QB.

MechDX

Exactly. I'm ok with not getting my 40% discount from Palais Royal (limit 1 item) for one week if it shows Brady is nothing more than a system QB.

I am taking every member of Texans GAF from Houston to sizzler as soon as one opens here!!

We eating fam!

Bread

Banned
Bradford has proven that he cannot carry a team

Garoppolo carried a team to 2 straight victories, beating Jim Tomsula as the greatest winner of all time.

Top Bottom