• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

Pepiope

It's week 5 and CJ Smith hasn't seen a single snap it sounds like he's the one struggling to see the field hopefully this means they're moving on from Jalen Mills though maybe one day how we will learn how to draft.
He'll see more snaps than Rowe by the season's end

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wrap it up son.

Excited about the new Star Wars movie. Did not expect that.

Disney buying SW is probably the best thing to happen in the past 20 years.

Basically getting Star Wars away from George Lucas was the best thing ever.

The amount of contempt he had for his product and how he'd just throw shit at a wall while being surrounded by yes men was mind boggling.

effzee

Congrats Wienke!

If you're talking about PFF grades, he wasn't even in the Top 5. It was Hicks, Carroll, Cox, Jenkins, BG.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-eagles-steelers-grades/

I forget which game then cause it was PFF grading him well.

I don't know what's going to happen with him but man I wish he rebounds - he showed so much promise and can be great if he gets his head on straight.

101116_Wentz-INT-8.width-800.png

Another angle of the Wentz pass...Doesn't look as bad of a decision anymore, just a not so great throw/route.

Man he had so much room to run! Throw was off and Nelson isn't the big body type to really snatch it out of the air. I think if that is DBG its a catch....then again he dropped a TD earlier so you never know.

Eleuin

I'm stepping down as a Browns fan until the stench of art briles is gone

Ill be back on the 8-8 wagon next year

effzee

Man I really thought that this game was by far the worst from a coaching standpoint and gameplan. Schwartz resting the good LBers in the first half was completely ridiculous, especially right after a bye. The play calling was also odd, and not giving Smallwood any touches after he had 80 yards against the Steelers and looked really good was just dumb. That play in particular though seems like a bad idea, why not give Wentz a safety valve underneath in case the WRs were all covered. The Lions D is bad, they should have tried to get a few short plays going get the chains moving and get them on their heels before they tried to hit something down the field. Sucks that the Eagles have no shot at the playoffs now. :(

Agreed. I know Pederson is from the Reid thinking where they get super pass happy but it didn't seem to manifest itself too much in the first 3 games.

Now granted they were behind but even when the game was close, they seem to just shy away from running or running with guys who made more sense.

I don't want to see sweep plays with Mathews when you have speedy guys like Barner, Smallwood, and little known player Sproles who can make guys miss and BTW don't have chronic fumble issues like Mathews does.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/786215697277788160

Thats the sound of the jets punting on the season.

and my fantasy team.

This dude is always hurt.

bionic77

Basically getting Star Wars away from George Lucas was the best thing ever.

The amount of contempt he had for his product and how he'd just throw shit at a wall while being surrounded by yes men was mind boggling.
Lucas was behind some of the best movies ever. Also the SW movies were so far ahead of their time in terms of tech that a lot of the sound and effects still holds up today.

Sad how from the 90s onward everything he did was pure garbage.

Trailer needs more RDJ Iron Man
Go Colts!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
My wife asked me last night if I had any interest in psvr but I told her after move I will wait a long time before I buy another PS peripheral.

The vive controllers are night and day compared to move. That alone puts me off of psvr, but I dont want to spend the money on vive either.

effzee

Such a big game this weekend, I finally have DTV and Sunday Ticket, and so of course wife is dragging me to her co-worker's wedding.

I could watch on my phone but thinking I'll DVR and watch once home.

MechDX

Such a big game this weekend, I finally have DTV and Sunday Ticket, and so of course wife is dragging me to her co-worker's wedding.

I could watch on my phone but thinking I'll DVR and watch once home.

Just watch Colts @ Texans on NBCSports.com

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Looking forward to football this weekend!

Life is good and the Packers beat the Giants who always play well against us.

Nothing can get my spirits -

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...an-fitzpatrick-case-keenum-accuracy-territory

Aaron Rodgers is keeping some unusual company these days. You'll find the two-time NFL MVP with the Ryan Fitzpatricks and Case Keenums of the NFL quarterback world. The Green Bay Packers star ranks last in the league in completion percentage.

It's true. You'll find Rodgers at the bottom of the list. At 56.1 percent, he’s looking up at the Jets' Fitzpatrick (57.8 percent), the Rams' Keenum (57.9 percent) and every other quarterback who has enough attempts to qualify among the league leaders this season.

...down

Fucking hell

Hindl

It's week 5 and CJ Smith hasn't seen a single snap it sounds like he's the one struggling to see the field hopefully this means they're moving on from Jalen Mills though maybe one day how we will learn how to draft.

Why would we move on from Jalen Mills? Yeah he's gotten burned a few times, but he's a 7th round rookie that's had to go up against Antonio Brown, Alshon Jeffery, and Marvin Jones. He's been doing great considering how early in his development he is, and he's really instinctual. Just look at how fast he shoots up to tackle receivers who catch the ball for screens. He's not ready for full time starter reps but he's coming along nicely.

I forget which game then cause it was PFF grading him well.

I don't know what's going to happen with him but man I wish he rebounds - he showed so much promise and can be great if he gets his head on straight.

Man he had so much room to run! Throw was off and Nelson isn't the big body type to really snatch it out of the air. I think if that is DBG its a catch....then again he dropped a TD earlier so you never know.

Agreed on Wentz running, although maybe he just didn't want to burn additional clock time. It was a mistake but oh well.

As for Kendricks, I'm not sure he can rebound. He doesn't really fit in this defense. He's best when he can just rush the passer or tackle people in the backfield with the DL soaking up blockers. Doesn't work as well in a 4-3 where he has to make reads and be the safety valve. He showed potential but not sure it's going to work out for him here.

MechDX

Is Worf gonna be in the new Star Wars?

Him and Wolverine will play an old school buddy cop duo on the rebellion side. They will uncover a plot twist that reveals Dr. Doom was Vader all along and will go on to become Supreme Leader Snoke

Jesus Christ pep I just looked up Rowe with the pats he hasnt played yet due to injuring his ankle in the preseason. LOL at you trying to make it out like he hasnt been good enough to see the field. Has anyone been more of a homer for a shitty front office then you are?

Pepiope

Jesus Christ pep I just looked up Rowe with the pats he hasnt played yet due to injuring his ankle in the preseason. LOL at you trying to make it out like he hasnt been good enough to see the field. Has anyone been more of a homer for a shitty front office then you are?
? He was a healthy scratch to open the season, got injured, and will continue to be a healthy scratch.

? He was a healthy scratch to open the season, got injured, and will continue to be a healthy scratch.

According to football refence:

Questionable (Ankle): Rowe has sat out four straight games due to an ankle injury and his status against the Bengals on Sunday is uncertain. (Updated October 11, 2016)

So he hasnt played the last 4 games due to injury. The Pats acquired him, late in the preseason so it makes sense that it might have taken him a few games to get up to speed before he could get on the field and show everyone why he was a 2nd round pick, but I have no doubt that he will. There is a reason that no smart teams ever give up on guys taken that high so quickly.

squicken

Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill

Joe Philbin went through it for three-plus seasons. Now it’s Adam Gase’s turn.

Call it the Three Stages of (Ryan) Tannehill.

First comes the honeymoon phase. You see Tannehill's size (6-4, 216 pounds), arm strength, athletic ability and his quick motion, and dream about the future and all that as a coach you can accomplish with him. No huddle. Zone read. Play-action bombs. It all seems possible.

In the second stage, the actual games start and things just don’t work out as you envisioned. Something is missing, and the offense flounders. You say to yourself, “Ryan has all these gifts, it can’t be him.” So you find excuses on film—struggles by the offensive line, inconsistent drops from the receivers. “We need to play better around him, it’s not all Ryan’s fault, he’s our guy,” you finally declare.

The third stage is when reality sets in: Tannehill, for all his talents, just doesn’t have the instincts for the position. If they ever come, it will be later in his career like a Rich Gannon. But you won’t be around to see it.

---
Giants Erick Flowers is putrid..

The little I have seen of Flowers is that he grabs too much. Penalty machine. Clemmings problem is that he just lunges for no reason and pretty much never impedes his man to the QB on plays like those in the GIFs. The Vikings are throwing it very quick, but not that quick

bionic77

Brady didn't answer the question about Trumps locker room talk. Lebrong answered
Some of his supporters are actually defending the tape.

Not surprised that Brady rolls like that. In fact I warned you fuckers of this 10 years ago.

Lesson to be learned? Listen to your elders.

The Packers are looking a bit shaky still. They have been really bad at putting games away in the 2nd half this year. It wouldn't be a huge surprise to see the Cowboys win

I dont think it will be a surprise at all. Dallas run game is really clicking now and fraudgers has embraced his fraudulent ways more then anyone could have anticipated. The legend of Dax will continue to grow.

Wut? Jalen Mills has been amazing for a 7th round rookie. He's given up maybe a handful of big plays all season and has generally been good in coverage. When he gets more experience I think he's going to be a solid starting CB.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I dont think it will be a surprise at all. Dallas run game is really clicking now and fraudgers has embraced his fraudulent ways more then anyone could have anticipated. The legend of Dax will continue to grow.

And then the apologists will come out and say "Packers are 3-2 quit your bitching lol"

Season is going to end up 10-6 and we're supposed to like it apparently despite fundamental problems with the offense existing for two consecutive seasons.

Maybe we can do that whole frauds with the sixth seed winning the Super Bowl thing?

Giants host Corey Booker for a discussion on race in America.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/s...y-booker-race-meeting.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

It was a football setting. The topic for more than an hour — improving race relations in the United States — was anything but.

About 25 Giants, or almost half the roster, gathered to talk about the impact of race on their lives and to discuss the ways they could become more prominently involved in the growing national debate on the subject.

The group, which was a mix of African-American and white players, had also invited a guest to help focus the discussion: Senator Cory A. Booker, Democrat of New Jersey.

It was a spirited discourse and exchange of ideas, with the players often driving the dialogue.

“I saw a thoughtfulness and a love of this country, and these guys don’t want to be sitting on the sidelines, so to speak — they want to be in the game,” Booker said.

So far, each Giant has decided to stand during the anthem, but the players have opened a dialogue with the team’s management about a variety of issues. Jennings was part of a text-messaging group of more than 80 N.F.L. players dedicated to deliberating on what players could do to make their voices heard. Jennings thought it would be a good idea to have someone address the team.

The Giants recommended Booker, a former mayor of Newark and an African-American who played football at Stanford. Jennings wrote Booker a letter about two weeks ago.

“I was frankly blown away by the letter,” Booker said Wednesday. “They wanted to explore where they can make a difference.”

Booker later said he had talked about a range of topics, including the escalating rates of imprisonment in the United States and the modern judicial system and its sometimes unobserved collateral effects.

“He did a good job of making us aware of the relevant issues that go way beyond what you see on social media,” Giants linebacker Jonathan Casillas said. “They are things we don’t really know or see. But those are the things that you do need to know if you’re going to make a plan to help make changes.”

More at the article. Good stuff.

bionic77

Jesus Trumpriots.

I can't believe what your guy just said about the Serbs and the genocide that we helped stop.

Apparently Pats fans are now pro genocide too.

cdyhybrid

Jesus Trumpriots.

I can't believe what your guy just said about the Serbs and the genocide that we helped stop.

Apparently Pats fans are now pro genocide too.
"Tom, what would you tell your children if they heard Trump make pro-genocide comments?"

"Thanks guys, have a nice day"

Top Bottom