• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

Zeke

Happy victory Monday. Today's reading comes from the book of Ezekiel Elliott and lo Elliott said unto his five disciples upfront feed unto me the NFL's best rush defense and I will deliever victory unto the faithful and misery unto those that bare false witness READY BREAK!.
yhJb5or.jpg

I'm not really arguing otherwise. We have "just another guy" STARTING and he's less productive even in that small sample size. Not sure where you're missing that point. I'm not calling Darkwa the future of the running back position for the Giants. I'm calling for him to see more snaps alongside Paul Perkins to grow that sample size. Rashad Jennings isn't the answer.
Your point is it matters, mine is it probably doesn't. Just trying to offer an explanation for the coaching staff's moves to you from an outside perspective.

Always a chance you're right and he's an improvement over Jennings, though.

Euron

Guys I'm seeing a trend here:

1. Cowboys are good again and dominate the Packers
2. Red Dead Sequel is teased

I'm not saying there's something going on here but
there's something going on here

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Holy shit interview tomorrow with three different people in three different time slots.

I'd rather just do one panel fuck. That's going to be exhausting.

/livejournal

Happy victory Monday. Today's reading comes from the book of Ezekiel Elliott and lo Elliott said unto his five disciples upfront feed unto me the NFL's best rush defense and I will deliever victory unto the faithful and misery unto those that bare false witness READY BREAK!.
yhJb5or.jpg
Praise be..

Although I wish the picture showed him crop topping to make it beautiful.

People judged you Jerry, but you were right and I knew he would prove you right :)

Zeke Elliot has a weird head

Holy shit interview tomorrow with three different people in three different time slots.

I'd rather just do one panel fuck. That's going to be exhausting.

/livejournal
What are you interviewing for Wienke?

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
While Cam was looking stupid during his post game press confrence, Brees gave a great interview while disregarding all medical advice to get emergency lip surgery. What a guy...

KaYotiX

Banned
Above average defense and a top 5 offensive line!

Too bad we have the worst QB in the league.

edit: I admit we're kinda spoiled. Favre had 3 or 4 really, really bad seasons also.

Yeah we were spoiled lol, I was just thinking last night about those really bad Favre seasons too

If young Cody Kessler can continue to play well and improve he's gonna make a good case to start next year. I'm not saying he can be elite but I think he can be a pretty good qb if we surround him. Wish Coleman was ready, he should be back soon. I think it's possible to have a love/hate Andy Dalton relationship with Kessler. Would like to see him improve on the deep ball, but it could be the injury also.

The team needs more talent. It's hard to overcome all the injuries and have a lot of rookies/undfa playing. It'd be nice if we didn't have to spend one of those high picks on a qb and use them to bolster the D. I don't blame Ray Horton for anything with what we're working with.
This win doesn't even feel real. It's like they got a temporary stay in getting bodied / bodying themselves at night, and there's still three more stupid night games...

38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
Hello line.
taste-the-happu.gif

If young Cody Kessler can continue to play well and improve he's gonna make a good case to start next year. I'm not saying he can be elite but I think he can be a pretty good qb if we surround him. Wish Coleman was ready, he should be back soon.

The team needs more talent. It's hard to overcome all the injuries and have a lot of rookies/undfa playing. It'd be nice if we didn't have to spend one of those high picks on a qb and use them to bolster the D. I don't blame Ray Horton for anything with what we're working with.
Agreed BG..

With Coleman and T-Peezy, we'd be fine. Go defense and get an stud LB or some help in the secondary. That would be a boon for the defense.

So is Jerry Jones going to fuck it all up by forcing Romo back into the starting QB position?
I don't think he will. If the Cowboys keep winning, Jerruh (or let's be real here Stephen) won't risk blowing up his chance at another playoff run.

Mario Williams played 24% of the snaps yesterday. Loving this no nonsense attitude from the coaching staff. I look forward to him being off the team next year.

BigAT

http://i.imgur.com/yhJb5or.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Your lord and savior is this fucking knob?

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu73bIrUIAETh7_.jpg

Striker

I'm not really arguing otherwise. We have "just another guy" STARTING and he's less productive even in that small sample size. Not sure where you're missing that point. I'm not calling Darkwa the future of the running back position for the Giants. I'm calling for him to see more snaps alongside Paul Perkins to grow that sample size. What I am saying is that Rashad Jennings isn't the answer and the snap distribution between these guys has not made much sense.
Jennings has pass pro and the playbook down pat. Rainey is still getting accustomed to it and I'm not totally sure they're set with Darkwa as a 15+ carry back. Either way I do agree: they miss Vereen + need to see more of Perkins.

trey wingoVerified account
‏@wingoz
Since wining SB 47. Joe Flacco has 60 TD passes vs 46 INTs..2nd worst ratio in NFL over that time frame.. behind only Geno Smith

Do Ravens fans even believe themselves when they try to say that Flacco is elite? They must watch the games, I know I do. At no point yesterday did I feel confident that Flacco could lead us up the field to take the lead.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 6m6 minutes ago
Texans corner Kevin Johnson broke his foot against the Colts, the same one he had surgery on during offseason, according to sources

Motherfucker. This sucks.

DMczaf

$400 that could have been spent on the greatest gaming experience of my life - the Vive!

I feel like a total shill now.

$499! Launch Bundle!

And I don't have the PC to run good VR games, so PSVR was the easiest gateway to VR for me.

Friend DM, let me know what you think of it. I'm kind of interested in VR but man it reeks of being the next big gaming gimmick

Where is Robocop VR, seph???

So Jay Ajayi had 204 yards rushing, the most by a Dolphin in 14 years and 4th most all time. Total fluke or sign of things to come?

Dude was a monster at Boise State but got drafted late because of injury concerns with one of his knees. I haven't heard anything about that since so I'm guessing it's not a problem for now. He doesn't have great lateral agility and his acceleration is average but he's a powerful, violent runner with fantastic top-end speed. I'm glad he's asserted himself as the bell cow back in this offense instead of a washed up Arian Foster.

effzee

Thoughts on the game...

That was the most Reid like game yet in terms of playcalling by Pederson.

It was just so bizzare but first of all we might win if not for the 10+ penalties. Some of them were no calls in my book and was infuriating to see big play after big play called back because the refs called questionable holds whereas I didn't see the same when Redskins held.

Of course some of the calls they deserved and were boneheaded. I don't know what the hll Cox was thinking when he hit Cousins late and gifted the Skins a TD at the end of the half.

That's 2 games in a row the Eagles have had 10+ penalties and 2 straight they have lost. Another 2 in a row - the D has gone from best in the league to can't get off the field, cant tackle, and can't maintain gap integrity when playing the run. Holy shit that was terrible. The commentators even mentioned it. Its like I was watching a completely different team. Even when they would have the players wrapped up they kept slipping and missing tackles.

A lot can be said about the piss poor playcalling and the offense overall but they were barely on the field cause the D couldn't get off. Just rushing 4 doesn't work when the DEs aren't getting pressure. Schwartz has to switch it up. Barwin hasn't made a play all year he looked washed up or a completely out of place is a 4-3 where as he thrived in the 3-4.

Offense - i don't get it. You have a rookie RT against one of the better pass rushers and they think its ok to not help him? He shouldn't have even started at RT, let him play guard first. Wentz had no time and when he did, he refused to run as if they drilled in his head that he can't take off.

And what about the short dink and dunk passes of the WCO? Where was the screen game? It seemed like they never countered. RT was getting abused, so they did what? Why not counter with some screens to Burton? WR screen? Sweep plays for Huff?

This was the most conventional looking plays they called all year and it required Wentz to look deep on most drop backs instead of short designs.

So frustrating because both the Lions and this game were in reach or in hand and if they just did 1-3 things differently its a win.

Vikings are going to destroy them and then the season hinges on a week 8 SNF game against the cowboys.

Hindl

All great NFL players do.

We've heard a lot about Zeke's receiving skills, I liked that we split him out wide a few times yesterday.

The passes didn't connect, but it could be a really interesting part of our offense if we figure it out.

That's why I kinda want McCaffrey. He's not the flat out bulldozer Fournette or Chubb are, but he's versatile and can catch passes out of the backfield, or line him up in the slot. Put that in a WCO and he could be like another Westbrook that can also run out of the backfield.

Thoughts on the game...

That was the most Reid like game yet in terms of playcalling by Pederson.

It was just so bizzare but first of all we might win if not for the 10+ penalties. Some of them were no calls in my book and was infuriating to see big play after big play called back because the refs called questionable holds whereas I didn't see the same when Redskins held.

Of course some of the calls they deserved and were boneheaded. I don't know what the hll Cox was thinking when he hit Cousins late and gifted the Skins a TD at the end of the half.

That's 2 games in a row the Eagles have had 10+ penalties and 2 straight they have lost. Another 2 in a row - the D has gone from best in the league to can't get off the field, cant tackle, and can't maintain gap integrity when playing the run. Holy shit that was terrible. The commentators even mentioned it. Its like I was watching a completely different team. Even when they would have the players wrapped up they kept slipping and missing tackles.

A lot can be said about the piss poor playcalling and the offense overall but they were barely on the field cause the D couldn't get off. Just rushing 4 doesn't work when the DEs aren't getting pressure. Schwartz has to switch it up. Barwin hasn't made a play all year he looked washed up or a completely out of place is a 4-3 where as he thrived in the 3-4.

Offense - i don't get it. You have a rookie RT against one of the better pass rushers and they think its ok to not help him? He shouldn't have even started at RT, let him play guard first. Wentz had no time and when he did, he refused to run as if they drilled in his head that he can't take off.

And what about the short dink and dunk passes of the WCO? Where was the screen game? It seemed like they never countered. RT was getting abused, so they did what? Why not counter with some screens to Burton? WR screen? Sweep plays for Huff?

This was the most conventional looking plays they called all year and it required Wentz to look deep on most drop backs instead of short designs.

So frustrating because both the Lions and this game were in reach or in hand and if they just did 1-3 things differently its a win.

Vikings are going to destroy them and then the season hinges on a week 8 SNF game against the cowboys.

Agreed with a lot of this, it's like something happened with the bye. This offense is less talented than the first 3 games showed, but Wentz' play and Doug's creative playcalling masked that. But it hasn't been the same since the bye. I was kind of expecting the regression shown when Johnson was lost, I knew Vaitai wasn't ready and it would be rough. But it seemed like they weren't committed to helping him until much later in the game. Hopefully they fix that, although the Vikings are just going to devour this OL anyway.

Penalties aren't worth talking about. Yeah, it does seem like they've been getting fucked a lot recently, but that's just going to happen. Of the 13 penalty average between the last two games, I'd say probably around 9 were justified, so there is a lack of discipline. The lack of gap discipline and inability of the D to get off the field has been bizarre though. You're right, it's like watching two different teams between the first 3 weeks and now. I dunno what's wrong with Schwartz' D, but they need to figure it out. It's a bummer the first 3 games went the way they did, because I think it raised everyone's expectations way too high and we forgot where this season started. New QB, new HC, new system, new DC, and need a lot of new pieces. Wentz still looked good yesterday when he managed to get on the field, except for those two late sacks on that final drive that he shouldn't have taken.

One encouraging thing yesterday was although the 1st big play got brought back and he was only targeted one other time, DGB is showing improvement. I think if they can grab Michael Floyd in FA, and DGB continues to develop, then a receiving corps of Matthews, DGB, and Floyd would be a pretty good starting point. It would allow us to focus on our other big needs (OL, LB, CB, and maybe a RB if it works out)

Top Bottom