• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

squicken

Unless... it keeps getting him hurt or screws up his ability to make timing throws. Maybe Rodgers is the cautionary tale here, unless he can get it turned around.

McGinn had a good column (which I am sure you read) about Rodgers evolution. The free play/improv stuff is a good thing as long as it just occasionally. To me, all 3 of those guys hold the ball too long when they are off.

I think Peyton was the GOAT and Brady was right there. Both know that they had to have the ball out of their hands after a certain point, whether it was there or not. I guess I would say I trend towards letting the film study and the system win over relying on the improv

NFL Gaf, I don't watch football that much but why are the panthers 1-5?! Did they lost someone significant? Injuries?

Their style is just really strong when ahead and last year they always got ahead. They are one of those teams that when they are ahead they can just choke the life out of you, this year they can't get ahead and must play the catch up game which just isn't a good fit for them.

That's my take anyways I'm sure the so called "expert" have whatever shit they come up with. I feel like that was how Seattle was for many years.

squicken

As much as I hope Landry does well, no team has a bigger fall off to its backup QB. Steelers have neglected that position for too long

Spinluck

The only good part about today is I have off work tomorrow. I get to fill my body with glorious reheated White Castle and some ice cold Cherry Coke and stay up for another few hours.

Colts need to blow it up and rebuild. Luck is being paid a ton. Hilton and Dwayne Allen too (lol). Just need to do a better job getting guys in the mid rounds of the draft. Probably going to have another top 15 pick this year.

I feel like we're losing games now because Luck is gambling less. He'd end a game with some shittt completion percentage. But man did he sling it.

I want him to become more efficient, he's been on track so far. But we're losing some close games that we used to bullshit our way out of.

PFF had him ranked as the #3 QB before this week with this to say.

Only two quarterbacks have been under pressure more than Andrew Luck this season—he’s been under heat on 40.0 percent of his dropbacks—but no quarterback has graded better than Luck when given a clean pocket. Of course, while the offensive line deserves plenty of blame, the Indianapolis QB’s playing style and the Colts’ scheme does invite more pressure than most, as Luck has taken more seven-step (deep) drops than any quarterback in the league. The interesting part of Luck’s game this season is the lack of boom-or-bust plays that he’s been known for previously. If we call 2015 a disastrous outlier and go back to 2014, Luck ranked sixth in the league in percentage of big-time throws, but also 32nd in turnover-worthy throws, as his big plays often coincided with questionable decision-making. This year, he’s only 17th in the league in big-time throws, but seventh-best in avoiding turnover-worthy attempts, so he’s been going about things differently to this point. It’s something to watch, as the special throws are still in there, but will it be at the expense of a few risky throws as well?

It's PFF, but it rings quite true for the Colts this year.

BigAT

NFL Gaf, I don't watch football that much but why are the panthers 1-5?! Did they lost someone significant? Injuries?

443886152.gif

MechDX

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 2m2 minutes ago
Since the #Texans scored two touchdowns, go to @JackBox tomorrow for a FREE monster taco by saying 'Touchdown for Tacos.' 🌮

Cu8WOdiWAAAbXK7.jpg:large

Gobias

Banned
Since the #Texans scored two touchdowns, go to @JackBox tomorrow for a FREE monster taco by saying 'Touchdown for Tacos.' ��

Do you actually have to say "touchdown for tacos"? Because that's a total deal breaker

Since the #Texans scored two touchdowns, go to @JackBox tomorrow for a FREE monster taco by saying 'Touchdown for Tacos.' 🌮

We get a free jumbo jack cuz of the rams :/ I'd rather take the tacos

BTW 8 people just got eliminated form the survivor pool cause we all picked shitty Steelers....God dammit ghost of Chris Trejo fucking everyone.

Halloween is coming, he celebrating early

It wasn't even like a fluke. Dolphins worked them over

To the surprise of everyone but yes we outplayed them

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
With 4:56 left in the 4th quarter, the colts had a 99% chance of winning according to the live odds fracker on the ESPN app
Dumb Texans fans that lack faith
or need to be back in the area for their jobs in less than 8 hours.
The Colts: Clutching Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory.
I had to go to HEB, so I've been watching on a delay....WE WON?!?!?!?!?!!!!
C2g8Daf.gif

Spinluck

McGinn had a good column (which I am sure you read) about Rodgers evolution. The free play/improv stuff is a good thing as long as it just occasionally. To me, all 3 of those guys hold the ball too long when they are off.

I think Peyton was the GOAT and Brady was right there. Both know that they had to have the ball out of their hands after a certain point, whether it was there or not. I guess I would say I trend towards letting the film study and the system win over relying on the improv

Pretty much.

Back during Indy prime Peyton times, whenever you saw Peyton get coverage sacked or when he was off rhythm with getting the ball out. You knew that the D was scheming well, I don't think anyone ever got the ball out faster than prime Peyton, shit was wild. There were years he didn't even need a good O-line.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much.

Back during Indy prime Peyton times, whenever you saw Peyton get coverage sacked or when he was off rhythm with getting the ball out. You knew that the D was scheming well, I don't think anyone ever got the ball out faster than prime Peyton, shit was wild. There were years he didn't even need a good O-line.

The Peyton face only came out during the rare times he was hurried/hit too much.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
He made two good passes, he's still garbage
he made more than 2 good throws. But he still sucks, and sucked ass for 3.75 quarters tonight.

" I can't build a roster because I paid Andrew Luck "

Colts GM
what a jacass. He had luck on 4 years of a rookie deal and the team is objectively worse than when Luck was a rookie.

Few quick things:

1) Osweiler still sucks

2) Texans DONT win games like this

3) This is a huge win considering their record in primetime.
agreed on all three.
I was just waiting, Osweiler is going to throw a pick six, or Novak is going to miss the game tying extra point, or something incredible to happen for the colts.

MechDX

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/16/nf...ghlights-storylines?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

For the Texans, fans were trying to figure out a way to get rid of QB Brock Osweiler when the team trailed 23–9 and he was being his usual inaccurate self. But Osweiler rallied the Texans to two touchdowns and a game-winning field goal on their final three possessions. That’s the type of clutch play that could turn things around for a quarterback. And it’s the type of performance that could rally teammates, get them to buy into Osweiler a little bit more and galvanize a team that didn’t know where they were going.

Then again, it’s the AFC South. It might not mean anything for either team.

Bedard is a member of NFL GAF

Corsick

he made more than 2 good throws. But he still sucks, and sucked ass for 3.75 quarters tonight.

what a jacass. He had luck on 4 years of a rookie deal and the team is objectively worse than when Luck was a rookie.

agreed on all three.
I was just waiting, Osweiler is going to throw a pick six, or Novak is going to miss the game tying extra point, or something incredible to happen for the colts.
Regression and/or stagnation of players is the ultimate sign of bad coaching and roster building.

Bitanator

Coming into this year if you told me Cowboys would sport a top five offense across the board and a top ten defense in more than one category I'd laugh at you.

This is a good year, could be a damn good year if we stomp the Eagles in two weeks.

I feel real good about this team it continues to shed labels and exceed expectations, great teams do that, but can Dallas continue? It was sloppy today but they pulled through and grinded out a old fashioned beat down, but cannot beat elite teams with the dumb mistakes Dallas showed today, it will catch up to them eventually.

Slurmer

Banned

They let their best defensive back from last year walk and had some other defenders leave/retire. Their defense has been the primary culprit of their struggles.

Their kicker has also been very bad this year, missing a game winner against Denver, missing a chip shot against Tampa, missing extra points, etc.

Their OL is very bad too, but Cam is good enough to cover that up.

They have 3 losses by 3 points or less this year, but this was supposed to be the easier part of they're schedule. Morale on the team is low now and the defense isn't going to start stopping anyone soon. I'd be surprised if they get 6 wins this year.

KaYotiX

Banned
Funny hearing all these analysts talking about green bay like they are still good.... They make it sound like it was a miracle Dallas won lol.

They must not watch football.

Coming into this year if you told me Cowboys would sport a top five offense across the board and a top ten defense in more than one category I'd laugh at you.

This is a good year, could be a damn good year if we stomp the Eagles in two weeks.

I feel real good about this team it continues to shed labels and exceed expectations, great teams do that, but can Dallas continue? It was sloppy today but they pulled through and grinded out a old fashioned beat down, but cannot beat elite teams with the dumb mistakes Dallas showed today, it will catch up to them eventually.
I'm loving it so much. If you would have told me I'd want a rookie QB to permanently replace Romo, who himself has improved tons over the years, and I think is one of the better QBs in the league, I'd also laugh.

I think Romo can make better throws than Dak but Dak opens the field and the playbook more and it seems to be giving opposing teams problems they wouldn't have to deal with otherwise.

I love Romo, but damn keep the kid in until he falters.

Line_HTX

Hmmm...

Night games still suck. Whoever made this schedule still needs to be fired. Honestly, this game changed no one's minds about this team because there's still major problems. Whatever, free Chicken McNuggets for over 100 rushing yards is always a victory.

The Colts have a 1% chance of winning the division with 10 games remaining, so they're definitely clinching the 4th seed.

When the Colts cut Peyton and hired that good ole boy as GM, I stopped following them. Now I'm just laughing at the Colts and enjoying the panic of their fans who applauded the management until the bottom fell out. They need to get rid of that GM and Coach and get somebody competent in there which I have been saying since they got hired. This Colts team has relegated me to watching Redzone, with no team (with Peyton retired).

Bitanator

I'm loving it so much. If you would have told me I'd want a rookie QB to permanently replace Romo, who himself has improved tons over the years, and I think is one of the better QBs in the league, I'd also laugh.

I think Romo can make better throws than Dak but Dak opens the field and the playbook more and it seems to be giving opposing teams problems they wouldn't have to deal with otherwise.

I love Romo, but damn keep the kid in until he falters.

I'd argue against that. Teams will settle in on Dak, he does not try to attack with his legs except for the endzone, and with Tony's ability to diagnose a defense he will always find the perfect play for both run/pass. With a running game as efficient as ours play action pass works with any QB, and if you look at Romo's rating with the play action, lord help the league. Not to say that Dak has not exceeded expectations, each week a new goal post is moved as to how he is not proven himself yet, he just keeps improving.

What I see from Dak is his inability to understand what throws he can and cannot make at the NFL level, that will come with more experience both game and mechanical wise. He tried to force throws, that interception looked like he was jumping and tossing it, he needs to realize his arm won't cut it with dumbass plays like that. I love the kid but he throws to high, I don't think I fully trust him to make the necessary throws against an elite defense.

I love his game though, he is so calm, nothing gets to this kid, we found a winner. But I need Romo out there, he makes watching QB's so much more fun how he reads the Defense, I miss him

Striker

As much as I hope Landry does well, no team has a bigger fall off to its backup QB. Steelers have neglected that position for too long
They still went 2-2 without him last year. Almost 3-1 because they went into OT against Baltimore. They have the best RB and WR in the league and an excellent OL. That is always an advantage no matter who is QB. Landry did alright all things considering.

Top Bottom