• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

RBH

New page:

3FMvWeX.png

5rrnScR.png

pk6ntuz.png

U3OhHvF.png

smXCrXb.png

1R1vews.png

Like I said yesterday, a third of the league is a dumpster fire.

But I don't know how much of the ratings decline is a temporary effect of A)quality of play or B) people paying attention to politics more right now

Or perhaps the decline is due to more permanent factors like fantasy football or people finally being #woke about concussions

Cam Newton is out of the concussion protocol and is cleared to play tomorrow. 99.9% chance he starts.

That shipment of Recovery Water I ordered for him really worked! Thanks Russ!

Pepiope

Like I said yesterday, a third of the league is a dumpster fire.

But I don't know how much of the ratings decline is a temporary effect of A)quality of play or B) people paying attention to politics more right now

Or perhaps the decline is due to more permanent factors like fantasy football or people finally being #woke about concussions
Definitely the quality of play. It's shit.

bionic77

Definitely the quality of play. It's shit.
It's not quality of play. We have had shit seasons before.

I think a lot less people are willing to pay a grand a year just for the pleasure of the NFL and sports.

If you don't like sports you don't need cable anymore. I mean if you just like TV Netflix and HBO gots you covered.

I think one of the main issues is that it's a QB league, but only like 10 QBs (if I'm being generous) have good QBs that you can rely on week to week. It can make for some shit quality matchups. I also think people are starting to wise up to the poor quality of MNF and TNF games. NFL really needs to do something to improve the prime time matchups somehow.

cdyhybrid

TNF and MNF have been bad for while now, but SNF has gotten stuck with shitty matchups this season too, so it seems worse.

Tweaking the flexing rules would probably go a long way to fight the perception that level of play is down.

Spinluck

I remember when primetime games were worth watching.

Only fun ones now are in the postseason, but last season didn't really have any good ones in January.

Isn't LV east coast transplants and Cowboys fans?

Well if the move is final, it'd make sense that they would want to start promoting the team in the new market, especially since they are doing well.

The dip in popularity could be really good for the league. NFL front office seems to be hesitant to change anything because their rating were so insane.

I'm hoping for more dynamic flexing rules to make primetime good again.

Sanjuro

I think one of the main issues is that it's a QB league, but only like 10 QBs (if I'm being generous) have good QBs that you can rely on week to week. It can make for some shit quality matchups. I also think people are starting to wise up to the poor quality of MNF and TNF games. NFL really needs to do something to improve the prime time matchups somehow.

Make Jay Cutler Great Again.

squicken

I remember when primetime games were worth watching.

Only fun ones now are in the postseason, but last season didn't really have any good ones in January.

The biggest thing they need to do is fix primetime. Too many bad games. TNF will probably always suck b/c it cannot be flexed, but SNF and MNF need to be flexed as early as possible and w/o worry about limits.

Isn't LV east coast transplants and Cowboys fans?
Yes it is. I see way more eagles fans then anything this year which is super funny. Lots and lots of cowboys fans as well.

Attention smart console owners: gears of war 4 is doing a double XP weekend. Every ten levels you get 500 credits I believe, so get on and horde with me and the wife. Much fun will be had.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 58s58 seconds ago

Dennis Byrd, a Jets star whose career was cut short by a spinal injury, was killed in a car crash today

RIP

bionic77

You're doing it right
Pretty sure you are supposed to have rice in the burrito.

Back when I was young I needed all of that shit in my burrito from chipotle to fill me up. Being young and being able to eat all that garbage with no immediate consequences and not getting fat is pretty great.

I'm nervous about the Steelers / Dolphins game.

On paper, Pittsburgh should crush Miami. Deacon posted earlier in the thread about what kind of tragedy the Miami offense has been this season.

But ...

Pittsburgh hosts the Trumpriots next week.
The Steelers have spent the last two weeks washing the stink of the Philly game off them, so there's the chance they'll lay off the gas.
Tomlin has traditionally had one of these "easy peasy lemon squeezy" games that he simply is unable to get the team focused on. Last year it was the Ryan Mallet led Ravens game.
We're pretty thin in some key positions due to injuries.

Classic trap game. Wouldn't be surprised if we fuck it up.

bionic77

I'm nervous about the Steelers / Dolphins game.

On paper, Pittsburgh should crush Miami. Deacon posted earlier in the thread about what kind of tragedy the Miami offense has been this season.

But ...

Pittsburgh hosts the Trumpriots next week.
The Steelers have spent the last two weeks washing the stink of the Philly game off them, so there's the chance they'll lay off the gas.
Tomlin has traditionally had one of these "easy peasy lemon squeezy" games that he simply is unable to get the team focused on. Last year it was the Ryan Mallet led Ravens game.
We're pretty thin in some key positions due to injuries.

Classic trap game. Wouldn't be surprised if we fuck it up.
If our offense is clicking it is hard for us to lose against bad teams. That is the difference this year. It is hard to lose a lot of games when you put up 30 every week.

That said I am scared as well.

Top Bottom