• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

Anyone giving Rodgers a pass needs to wake up. He;s been throwing inaccurate passes all game/season. Missing passes that rookie QBs can (and obviously are) making. Poor fundamentals and footwork. He's got one of the best offensive lines, an above average receive corps, and a decent run game. He's got a solid defense behind him. Elite QBs make teams better. He's not even making them average in the past year and a half.

I hate to wish for a poor year on the Packers but I cant think of anything else waking up Rodgers for the rest of his career than them missing the playoffs. Time to wake up and stop blaming everyone else around you.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Something has to change, and Rodgers isn't going anywhere.

Can't see McCarthy making it out of this season alive.
Their schedule is too easy this year. McCarthy will survive unless they completely fall apart. Packers will probably go 10-6 and make the playoffs as a wild card.

Jarate

Banned
Calling the packers receivers "above average" is one of the stupidest things you've said today

I wouldn't call the run game that good either, the online is good

There has to be a culture change dude
I really don't understand this. We've won a shitload of games. Is it the culture of winning that we need to change?

"Culture change" is what you need when you suck and everybody on the team thinks it's ok to suck. We need our HOF QB to play better, and we need to get him better weapons to work with if he needs them. But I don't see how anyone can watch today's game and put the blame anywhere other than on #12.

e: When the team quits on the coach, we'll need a culture change. If you want McCarthy out, root for us to suck for the rest of the year

RBH

Jarate

Banned
Just make Ron Zook the HC

Worst thing that can happen is that we lose, and get a better draft pick. Maybe draft a wideout with an ounce of talent again.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Anyone giving Rodgers a pass needs to wake up. He;s been throwing inaccurate passes all game/season. Missing passes that rookie QBs can (and obviously are) making. Poor fundamentals and footwork. He's got one of the best offensive lines, an above average receivers, and a decent run game. Elite QBs make teams better. He's not even making them average in the past year and a half.

I hate to wish for a poor year on the Packers but I cant think of anything else waking up Rodgers for the rest of his career than them missing the playoffs. Time to wake up and stop blaming everyone else around you.

This offensive line has been ridiculous. Reminiscent of Dallas's line which has been one of the best for a few years.

I'm not sure about the receivers. Are they getting open and he's just not seeing it? I remember last season that literally no one was ever open except Davante Adams and he couldn't catch consistently.

Ultimately I hate feeling like it's going to take another offseason to fix whatever issues they're having. Whether it's a coaching change, signing free agents, changing the offense up, or whatever...can't imagine they can fix it with midweek practices during the season. The bye week has already come and gone too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Anyway, this is a blowout loss. Forfeit and get ready for the Bears on Thursday.

My reasoning is this: who are you going to hire that's an upgrade? If management can't answer that question, it's not worth the risk to make a change.

Honestly?

Joe Philbin

He got a lot out of Tannehill who is no Rodgers

I'd also be fine with promoting Tom Clements but I'm less excited about that since his playcalling last season didn't help any.

Ugh, that's the kind of play that ends a career. Adams is what, 23? 24?

Rodgers finally gets one out on time and it's a murderball. :(

It's a two score game halfway throught the 3rd...

Cowboys still have plenty of time to blow this.
Have we been watching different games? Only way the Packers score 2 TDs is if defense and special teams does it.

Top Bottom