• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

bender

What time is it?
Thank him for his time in Dallas, and just let him know he's going to be on the bench from here on out. Unless Dak gets hurt there is no real reason to start Romo.

I wouldn't sit Dak either. I'd also take the CAP hit next year if they could work out a trade with someone in the off-season.

bndadm

Mike McCarthy deserves to be fired after this game unless something changes at half

But who the heck (honest question) would replace him? Based on Wednesday conference it feels like he is losing this teams respect, confidence, whatever. At the moment none of the players on the team look like veterans.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
i really hope we get some coaching changes soon. There was ZERO reason to call 2 timeouts when Dallas was trying to run out the clock.

Another in a great long line of that dumb ass McCarthys screw ups.

We're losing. That's a good enough reason to call the timeouts and try and get the ball back when our defense was playing great. I honestly see a ton of teams calling those timeouts in that situation.

Jarate

Banned
But who the hell would replace him? Based on Wednesday conference it feels like he is losing this teams respect, confidence, whatever. At the moment none of the players on the team look like veterans.

Even something like that can ignite a team

You know what, try something out and hire a proper coach next year. If we play like this, there is literally no chance for us too win a super bowl

KaYotiX

Banned
It's hit or miss. He's been stripped from behind twice in the past two games.

Zero reason? You've got us backed up to our own goalline, if we go three and out you've got the ball close to midfield.

The way green bay has been playing there was no need to risk it, and look what happened. Our secondary is beyond repair atm. Take the nice punt and go in down by 4.

Jarate

Banned
Like, if you guys don't think this is McCarthy's fault, then just watch the other teams defense

They literally call the same defense basically every play. If coaches can't beat that then they shouldn't have a job

bndadm

You know what, try something out and hire a proper coach next year. If we play like this, there is literally no chance for us too win a super bowl

I dont disagree. Was just hoping you had a name. Lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
McCarthy's job is probably safe as long as they get 4 gimmee wins from the Lions and Bears each year. Now if the Lions & Bears start stealing some games all while the Vikings dominate, then he could be in some trouble.

Just talking about today, I would put it on Rodgers. If he plays like he's playing today, we need an elite level D to win a SB. We don't have one -- this D could be top 10 by the end of the year (need some CBs to get healthy first), but they aren't going to carry a team on their own.

Rodgers is playing subpar by any standard, and horrible by the standard he's set in the past. This team is built around him being great. They aren't going to do shit with any coach unless he starts playing great again.

KaYotiX

Banned
Like, if you guys don't think this is McCarthy's fault, then just watch the other teams defense

They literally call the same defense basically every play. If coaches can't beat that then they shouldn't have a job

Agree 100%, he was figured out last year in Denver. Hasnt changed shit in over a year. Its plain frustrating to watch.

The way green bay has been playing there was no need to risk it, and look what happened. Our secondary is beyond repair atm. Take the nice punt and go in down by 4.

I've seen every Cowboys game and those two passes completely shocked me. I would have never expected that to happen. Rodgers getting the ball back and getting at least a field goal is wayyy more likely. I like the call by McCarthy. Sometimes when things aren't going your way, they just aren't going your way.

Jarate

Banned
Just talking about today, I would put it on Rodgers. If he plays like he's playing today, we would need an elite level D to win a SB. We don't have one -- this D could be top 10 by the end of the year (need some CBs to get healthy first), but they aren't going to carry a team on their own.

Rodgers is playing subpar by any standard, and horrible by the standard he's set in the past. This team is built around him being great. They aren't going to do shit with any coach unless he starts playing great again.

There's been at least 3 drops in the game, yes Rodgers isn't perfect but defenses run the same defense literally every play.

We would be a lot worse with basically every other QB in the league. Our team would be horrid without him

The offense sucking.isn't on him, its on the coaching staff and wideouts.

_woLf

Man McCray, leaving Julio open...

That wasn't on sherm? Unless I saw wrong. Actually I think you're right.

Dunno, I'm listening to some falcons blog stream of the game. Had to turn it off and the local radio broadcast isn't working for me. The guy on there said Julio beat sherm :/

sounds like it was mccray actually. either way, blegh.

Top Bottom