• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

Mortemis

Banned
Damn... what an ending, at least Hawks won this.

Question though, WTF happened at the third quarter??? Looked like the defense fell asleep or something.

Blown coverage: the quarter.

If Seattle keeps stumbling into wins like this, they're gonna get embarrassed badly in post-season.

You must've never seen the Seahawks for a majority of the last few years. Stumbling to the goal line but making it is the hawks way.

Talon

I am however mad about that tipped interception. TIPPED balls gave me cancer.

Why is the third quarter a mystery? Bennett got hurt and your pass rush absolutely disappeared.

S7jzi5N.png

You must've never seen the Seahawks for a majority of the last few years. Stumbling to the goal line but making it is the hawks way.

We stumbled the first half against the Falcons in Russell's rookie year and came back to lose by 3.

We stumbled against the Packers in the NFC Championship and won.
We stumbled last year against the Panthers and came back to lose by 7.

Or against the Pats in the SB.... the 49ers in the NFC Championship.... the Vikings last year.

It just what we do.... Everything has to be decided in the final minutes with this team. Literally SB 48 is the only exception. Even when we beat the Saints that year shit was tight for no fucking reason. Or the year after against the Panther shit was tight before Kam's pick 6.

There's no possible way the Cowboys start Romo... right?
Who knows, under normal circumstances no, but Jerrah is not normal

They should ride Dak until he gets banged up. Then go with Romo until his inevitable career ending injury. Then hand the keys back to Dak permanently.

Cumulative point differentials for each division as it stands now.

AFC East: +57
AFC North: -66
AFC South: -66
AFC West: +46

NFC East: +94
NFC North: +12
NFC South: +43
NFC West: -34

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford passed Jeff George on the all-time passing yardage list. Stafford now has 27,624 yards, good for No. 59 all-time. George had 27,602 career yards. Next up is a big one -- Joe Namath with 27,663 yards.

-ESPN Lions

Surpassed his mentor Jeff George

that-s-my-quarterback-o.gif

LeonSPBR

At least they are going to get chewed out on it. And all the Sherman haters gonna come out now which is a good thing. Light a fire under their asses.

I hope the defense gets chewed on because it was bad this second half, we got way to lucky to be able to win this. I wonder if this is what going to be without Kam.

necrosis

Point differentials for each division as it stands now.

AFC East: +57
AFC North: -66
AFC South: -66
AFC West: +46

NFC East: +94
NFC North: +12
NFC South: +43
NFC West: -34

damn the nfc east being that high is pretty shocking

i guess that happens when every team in the division is above .500 tho

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
"OBJ needs to cool it and be more like Gronk!"

Oh my GOD I hate these Sunday night fucks.

Rodney Harrison is the worst and is the absolute last person that should be telling people how they should conduct themselves on the field.

Talon

Nobody wants to watch the Colts Texans game.
falcons (alford iirc) got away with a no-call on kearse earlier in the game

sucks, but it happens
He didn't impede his action. It was more of a body on body.

Don't compare that to grabbing a right arm prior to the receiver going up for the ball on a fourth down. Calls don't really compare.

LionPride

Banned
I really hope that the Vikings don't screw up this season and actually win something this year.

I hate to say it, but the Pats are going to another conference championship game

Talon

Look, the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl because all of the top NFC teams have clear flaws.

Vikings have a one dimensional offense.
Seahawks keep opponents in games.
Falcons have a young, mistake-prone defense.
Packers offense keeps on shitting itself.
Cowboys don't do enough blow to match the 90s teams.

Maybe the Cardinals will figure it out but Carson looks pretty toast.

The sooner we make peace with it, the easier it will go down.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Rams at the end of the game tried some Greg Schiano esque bullshit and went for the knees of Stafford and the offensive line.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/16/rams-pull-a-schiano-drill-lions-on-kneeldown/

Rams pull a Schiano, drill Lions on kneeldown

Stafford appeared to be fine afterward, but Lions center Travis Swanson also appeared to be hurt on a kneeldown play, and he had an ice pack on his right hand afterward. The Lions said Swanson was going to get X-rays.

Stafford was hobbled after the last play but I didn't notice Travis Swanson getting hurt.

Some bullshit coming from a Gregg Williams coached defense.

Mortemis

Banned
Look, the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl because all of the top NFC teams have clear flaws.

Maybe the NFC needs to come together and send Eli to vanquish evil one last time.

It's for the greater good fam.

LionPride

Banned

I honestly thought the Steelers would be the AFC Champs, but holy hell it's rough rn

Cowboys may challenge Vikes for NFC title

Pagusas

Elden Member
I very rarely jump on McCarthy or capers, but this game crosses a line from "defendable everyone has a bad day" to consistent bad play and management across the board. I think Favre is entirely right about Rodgers having some mental problems right now, he's obviously still physically gifted. His receivers seems to be suffering the same issues. He's got to get this under control or major changes need to come to GB, we likely only have Rodgers for another 4-5 years, 7 tops.

Top Bottom