• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 7 [OT] - Challenge of the SuperFrauds

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Green Bay is one of the least talented sets of skill players on offense in the league. They really should retool the offense around a running back. Any running back. Well, not their running backs. Someone elses running back.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Proud of my Packers and it's good to see Adams have a career night. I've talked a ton of shit on the dude, but he's putting together a nice season. 4-2 yo!! I'll take it.

MechDX

I have a hypothetical question for Dolphins GAF:

Say the Vikings go undefeated this season and make it to the Super Bowl but they play the Patriots.

Who do you root for?

The Patriots so your only undefeated team ever history can live on or the Vikings so the Patriots dont win again?

Choose!

Say the Vikings go undefeated this season and make it to the Super Bowl but they play the Patriots.

Who do you root for?

The Patriots so your only undefeated team ever history can live on or the Vikings so the Patriots dont win again?

Choose!

That's easy, Vikings.

TheFatOne

Who do you root for?

Choose!

lol I don't think this is even a remotely hard question for dolphins fans.

MechDX

lol I don't think this is even a remotely hard question for dolphins fans.

What about this guy:

dolphins721.jpg

Pepiope

Who do you root for?

Choose!
But the Vikings are losing Sunday :(

That Game is gonna be so bad. The Vikings already have an elite defense and bradford knows our play book.

Hindl

But the Vikings are losing Sunday :(

That Game is gonna be so bad. The Vikings already have an elite defense and bradford knows our play book.

Even before LJ I knew the Offense was going to have a bad day. But I was hoping our D would at least get after Bradford and keep the game close. But they've been looking like shit lately too

Who do you root for?

Choose!

I don't think Mercury Morris posts on GAF so you'll probably have near unanimous support for the Vikings on this one.

RBH

tempHero_Composite--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempMedia-Gallery-Helmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempMedia-Gallery-Pantstripe--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempMedia-Gallery-Freeman-front--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

14720335_10154143063802842_3526198395160707769_n.jpg

This Sunday, the Atlanta Falcons will bring back black as they take the field in a blended 1966 replica uniform paying homage to the athletes and teams that paved the way before them.

As a tribute to their inaugural year, the Falcons throwback design aesthetic will stay true to 1966 with exception of the helmet. The original uniform featured a red helmet with a similar bold stripe pattern down the center to match the pants and socks. This year, due to NFL helmet safety rules, the team will punctuate the throwback uniform with their current black helmet. It will showcase the original Falcon crest used by the team from 1966 to 2003 - the same black on black design worn in the team’s 1998 Super Bowl appearance.

The team will wear the throwback design at home twice this season: Atlanta Falcons vs San Diego Chargers (October 23) and Atlanta Falcons vs San Francisco 49ers (December 18).

FUCK YEAH, BACK IN BLACK!

WVjC6h2.gif

uncDinx.gif

PwcQTlK.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jared Allen, PBR hero

On that Sunday in North Carolina, the Panthers weren’t watching NFL foes, though. They packed the training room TV to witness teammate Jared Allen’s bull, Air Time, compete for the Pro Bull Riding World Championship. Yes, since 2012, Allen had carved out a sizable name for himself in the sport of bull riding after partnering with the Professional Bull Riders series, in large part because Jared Allen’s Pro Bull Team was the owner of the circuit’s most feared bucking bull, Air Time.

Jared-Allen-242x300.png

squicken

JA is more amazing every year

Even before LJ I knew the Offense was going to have a bad day. But I was hoping our D would at least get after Bradford and keep the game close. But they've been looking like shit lately too
Vikes' offense hasn't been all that good on the road this year, albeit small sample. Eventually the Vikes are going to have turnovers and a bad ST teams day. I think the defense is going to really exploit HPV. Seeing the writeup from Fran Duffy on his day vs WAS was rough. He's pretty bad

Hindl

JA is more amazing every year

Vikes' offense hasn't been all that good on the road this year, albeit small sample. Eventually the Vikes are going to have turnovers and a bad ST teams day. I think the defense is going to really exploit HPV. Seeing the writeup from Fran Duffy on his day vs WAS was rough. He's pretty bad

Yeah, I expected him to be bad though. When the Eagles drafted him I looked into him and he was just so raw. He had the size and power for a tackle, but he really needs to improve in several areas, and he needs to become more flexible. He honestly did how I expected him to do in his first career start against one of the better DEs in the league. And the Vikes DL is even better. If he develops into a starter, it'll probably take a couple years at least. It just sucks that he was thrown into this situation instead of being able to develop as a backup. It's more on Doug for not giving him more help, hopefully he keeps Celek/Tobin in at all times on the right side to at least provide a chip block.

Zeke

Looks like I made the right choice skipping fuckball last night. Gonna me a boring Sunday for me I just hope the vikes put a serious hurting on wentz and the eagles.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelph...getting-reps-eagles-starters-could-debut-soon

Speedy Eagles receiver Bryce Treggs, who hasn’t yet been active for a game, could be soon.

Treggs said after practice Thursday he got more reps with the first-team offense this week than he has all year.

“Way more,” Treggs said. “I feel like they’re comfortable with me now, where they don’t have to tell me what to do. I know the plays and I know where to be.”

Does that mean Treggs will make his NFL debut against the Vikings Sunday? Not necessarily. But it does mean he’s at least on the Eagles’ radar.

Treggs began his rookie preseason with Chip Kelly and the 49ers but didn’t play during the preseason because of a preexisting knee injury.

When the 49ers released him as part of final cuts, the Eagles claimed him. He was cleared medically last month and has been gradually learning the Eagles’ offense since. He’s been on the 53-man roster all year but inactive for all five games.

Treggs has 4.31 speed and ranked eighth in NCAA Division I last year with 21.2 yards per catch as a senior at Cal.

Treggs potentially could give the Eagles something they’ve lacked all year: a deep threat.

The Eagles have connected on just eight pass plays of 25 yards or more this year, and only five NFL teams have fewer.

Jordan Matthews has four of those, and running back Darren Sproles has two, which leaves just two for the rest of the Eagles’ other wideouts — one for Nelson Agholor, one for Dorial Green-Beckham and none for Josh Huff.

The Eagles have been using Green-Beckham more and more each week — he played a season-high 42 snaps in the loss to the Redskins Sunday.

Agholor has been a disappointment, with just 16 catches for 181 yards this year, no catches over 35 yards and no catches of 20 yards since opening day. In 18 NFL games, the former first-round pick has never had 65 yards in a game.

Treggs said he feels comfortable with both outside spots and the slot and has gotten practice reps at all three spots this week.

Glad to see them trying something. The WR's have been terrible so far this year.

gutshot

This was known going in, though. Fixing WR was what they gave up by moving up to take Wentz. I guess DGB hasn't worked out? He had that one preseason TD that held so much promise

He's being brought along slowly. He had his most snaps ever this past Sunday. He's already their second best WR behind Matthews though (which says a lot about their current WR corp). But he has had a few bad drops and for a guy with his size, he wins less jump balls than he should. I think he will be a solid contributor moving forward but doubt he will ever be a true no. 1.

Hindl

This was known going in, though. Fixing WR was what they gave up by moving up to take Wentz. I guess DGB hasn't worked out? He had that one preseason TD that held so much promise

DGB has shown promise. Every week he looks a little better, and if that block in the back call didn't happen he would've had around 65 yards against Washington. He's still gotta develop his route running, but I think he's developing nicely. Probably won't ever reach the potential he has for his size, but if we can get a true #1 receiver, he'd be a good #2 with JMatt in the slot for 3 receiver sets

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Corey Coleman could return to practice next week if his X-rays on Monday turn up okay.

We did it!

And by we I really mean BG...so yes BG did it!

Hindl

oh my god if the switch has 3 hours max of battery then nintendo just needs to stop trying to make tablets

Yeah I really hope that isn't true. I'll be using it mostly in the home anyway, but c'mon it needs to at least be 4 hours. 6 is too much but 4-5 would be great.

gutshot

Yeah I really hope that isn't true. I'll be using it mostly in the home anyway, but c'mon it needs to at least be 4 hours. 6 is too much but 4-5 would be great.

I don't think you can hope for that much battery life and still expect it to be under $300.

bionic77

I was expecting 4-6 hours battery life. 3 max is pretty shit.

Performance comes at a price. No other tablet is putting out games like this. iPads chips probably would have better life but Apple ain't giving that away and again there are no comparable games on it.

Hopefully that rumor is wrong.

Hindl

I don't think you can hope for that much battery life and still expect it to be under $300.

Probably true unfortunately. That's shitty news though. Curious to see how it's charged, I think someone said it uses Micro USB. In which case I could just carry around a portable charger, but that's gonna suck for a lot of other people

Top Bottom