• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Can't wait to listen to Bomani talk about today's games and how no one is going to give a damn about the Monday night game...

Oh and go Chiefs....

Hope smith gets better soon and it was great to see long passes in our offense with foles back there

squicken

Last day w/o Christmas music brehs. Let's enjoy it

e:

CwEhRdsUAAA4mqo.jpg

squicken

I mean, some of this has to be that Eagles WR can't get any YAC, right?

Throw 30+ short passes to almost any other WR/RB corp in the league and eventually someone breaks one out for a huge gain.

That chart is just how far the ball goes in the air. I think that is a good point about the Eagles lacking any guys that can break tackles. But I also think that opponents aren't afraid to get beat deep and are always right on top of pass catchers. Dez and Williams let Zeke, Witten, and Beasley have lots of room underneath to operate, where Philly it is all tight windows.

Zeke

Barry Church broke his forearm and Mo has a groin injury. Those are to big losses on the defensive side of the ball.

Striker

With the Eagles loss and Washington tie Giants on their bye move into 6seed in the NFC...just for one week in the playoff picture :)
Giants need to take care of business next week.

Giants OL isn't the Cowboy line so Cox, Graham and Co will feast. Maybe Mac will do some lineup arrangements and shuffle up the playcalls.

I mean, some of this has to be that Eagles WR can't get any YAC, right?

Throw 30+ short passes to almost any other WR/RB corp in the league and eventually someone breaks one out for a huge gain.

Hard to get YAC when your QB doesn't throw for any distance. Only throw i've seen Wentz push down the field all season are seam throws to Tight Ends. I checked out of the game for a bit to watch TWD, but I don't remember hearing Ertz' name last night.

Striker

MCAdoo has been calling the same kind of ball. Tons of short plays, mainly due to the defense playing 2-deep and making the run game and TE's, aka Somersault Donnell, beat them; and they're pathetic at doing that, thus the offense has struggled most of the time, namely 3rd downs. I am not sure he trusts the OL or what, I don't think Eli does and it's become problematic.

I'm curious what changes, if any, he makes coming out of this bye. They aren't winning shit going in with the same gameplan.

effzee

Hard to get YAC when your QB doesn't throw for any distance. Only throw i've seen Wentz push down the field all season are seam throws to Tight Ends. I checked out of the game for a bit to watch TWD, but I don't remember hearing Ertz' name last night.

Then you haven't seen much of the Eagles because they have gone deep or at least attempted to each game except for last night.

Problem is yes at the end of the day he is a rookie qb and they don't have deep threats.

But he has completed on long TDs to Agholor, Mathews, and connected on some others. Some were dropped (DGB) and some throws were off.

I'm not expecting them to air it out, especially when there best weapons are the TEs and Sproles.

What's baffling are the calls last night. Dallas has an underrated D, but they didn't even try to take a shot. Worse yet the TEs were a complete after thought. I hate the WR bubble screen and they ran like 20 of them, half of which Wentz was inaccurate on.

Just run a traditional screen for once.

All that plus some awful officiating and they still had a 10 pt lead in the 4th quarter.

Pederson reverted back to what I've always feared with Reid 2.0 just horrendous play calling and game management decisions. In a dome with a kicker who hit a 55yd FG and he punts instead of kicking a 53yd FG. Would have iced the game.

At least they will have a splendid holiday party.

Hunter S.

Somebody needs to send the entire AFC West on the Patriots because it seems like they are the only AFC teams to stop their usual massive cakewalk to the AFC East...

Then you haven't seen much of the Eagles because they have gone deep or at least attempted to each game except for last night.

Problem is yes at the end of the day he is a rookie qb and they don't have deep threats.

But he has completed on long TDs to Agholor, Mathews, and connected on some others. Some were dropped (DGB) and some throws were off.

I'm not expecting them to air it out, especially when there best weapons are the TEs and Sproles.

What's baffling are the calls last night. Dallas has an underrated D, but they didn't even try to take a shot. Worse yet the TEs were a complete after thought. I hate the WR bubble screen and they ran like 20 of them, half of which Wentz was inaccurate on.

Just run a traditional screen for once.

All that plus some awful officiating and they still had a 10 pt lead in the 4th quarter.

Pederson reverted back to what I've always feared with Reid 2.0 just horrendous play calling and game management decisions. In a dome with a kicker who hit a 55yd FG and he punts instead of kicking a 53yd FG. Would have iced the game.

At least they will have a splendid holiday party.

Bruh, seriously?

screen-shot-2016-09-28-at-9-06-16-am.jpg

https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/780493051034791938/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Air yards per throw thru Week 3:

CtTfq3KW8AAYDdx.jpg

All of this through week 3, and Wentz has gotten shorter on his throws since then. It's no wonder teams are just sitting on his receivers' routes.

Top Bottom