• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Hope you guys are ready to watch the Vikings really really really struggle against the bears tonight.

I'm pretty sure the Vikings are something like 7-1 in soldier field over the last 8 years. It's a cursed place for them.

bionic77

Hope you guys are ready to watch the Vikings really really really struggle against the bears tonight.

I'm pretty sure the Vikings are something like 7-1 in soldier field over the last 8 years. It's a cursed place for them.
With Cutler against your defense something amazing will happen.

Either he is going to throw 3 TAINTS or he will somehow Cutler a way to look really good when his job is on the line and doom Chicago to another season or two with him as qb.

Strange that Dougie said in his press conference that he didn't let sturgis kick the 53 yarder to put the eagles up 10 because it wasn't in his range, even though he had already hit a 55 yarder. I think the worse call might have been not going for it on 4th and one after the running into the kicker penalty the second drive. Man that was such a shitty game to watch. Eagles D basically gave up 17 straight in the 4th quarter and ot.

gutshot

Bruh, seriously?

Air yards per throw thru Week 3:

All of this through week 3, and Wentz has gotten shorter on his throws since then. It's no wonder teams are just sitting on his receivers' routes.

Air yards are a dumb stat that tell us nothing definitive about a quarterback.

It is obvious what is holding the Eagles offense back and it's not the QB. (Hint: It's the absolute trash WRs and RBs.)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
seriously. year is pissing me off man.

this last packers loss is really hard to swallow.

Was nice to see the old Packers again.

Rodgers scoring points only to be let down by the defense.....

I think it was a good game considering I expected us to get our asses beat like 42-17. Everyone was injured on defense so our street level dudes did well considering. A few of them even had a decent game!

Our skill players on offense did as well as could be expected for their first game. Honestly this was the first time we've seen the Packers look like themselves since early last year.

I don't know if it's a trend or an anomaly but I hope that the streak of shitty games by the offense is broken for real.

I think there's a lot to look forward to considering we play the Colts, Titans, and Redskins next.

Hindl

So last night sucked. Doug really fucked up not kicking that FG, knew that it was over as soon as that happened. And Wentz refusing to take shots downfield was a huge bummer. I'd put it on him but our WRs have been completely unable to get separation in the past, so I'll believe it here. I'm just worried Wentz is getting too used to throwing to his first target.

Defense played well, but just collapsed at the end. Still, the offense had plenty of chances to put the game away and just didn't do it. This team desperately needs Alshon Jeffery + one of the RBs from this upcoming draft class. If they can get those and then fill out their OL/CB/LB depth it'll put this team over the top. I'm not too upset because this is the type of offense I was expecting to see at the beginning of the season, so any noise the Eagles make is just a bonus. But for the love of God we need to get Wentz weapons. Ertz has been a massive disappointment, at this point it's just not going to happen with him. Doug called probably his worst game, and they still almost came away with the W. Should've just let Sturgis go for the 53-yarder, at least if he missed that it would've been understandable.

Pepiope

So Wentz went from GOAT to 519 yards his last 3 games combined.
I don't think Doug trusts big V yet so he's getting the ball out quick. On top of that our wide outs can't get separation. I saw a few times where Wentz looked deep and then checked down.

Plus the short passing game was working. If only we could catch.

effzee

Bruh, seriously?

screen-shot-2016-09-28-at-9-06-16-am.jpg

https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/780493051034791938/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Air yards per throw thru Week 3:

CtTfq3KW8AAYDdx.jpg

All of this through week 3, and Wentz has gotten shorter on his throws since then. It's no wonder teams are just sitting on his receivers' routes.

I really don't get what you are trying to prove? That most of his passes are short drop offs or within the 10 yard range? I didn't dispute that nor did I say this offense with Wentz right now is some air it out bombs away offense.

BUT they have taken shots deep which has been noticeable considering he is a rookie QB, our WRs are just OK, and because everyone thought they would be super conservative. Which is also why last night sticks out even more. Against the Browns, Bears, Steelers, and Lions even if the passes weren't deep down the field they were in the intermediate 10-15 yard range. There were more roll outs and play action and overall creativity.

Wentz went from taking some shots deep, scrambling around, and being allowed to/able to throw more than just bubble screen. Then last night there are no shots deep, to the TEs, and their game plan revolved around Sproles up the middle, sweeps, and WR bubble screens which already started behind the line of scrimmage.

I don't know what spooked them out of what they were doing early in the season. If its simply that D's are playing better then I'd understand but you can't completely fold to a defense which is good but not great.

bionic77

People who cut donuts in half are nothing but workplace savages.
Coffee should be enough for civilized people.

If you need to act like a 10 year old who needs a sugar fix then just put a little cream and sugar in your coffee and be sure not to avoid Greg for the rest of the day.

Sanjuro

Coffee should be enough for civilized people.

If you need to act like a 10 year old who needs a sugar fix then just put a little cream and sugar in your coffee and be sure not to avoid Greg for the rest of the day.

I drink black coffee. If people leave food near my desk then I'm going to eat.

Peterson deserves some flack, but how about giving Garrett credit?

The fake punt, then going for it on 4th down in OT with the QB sneak. I loved those calls.

bionic77

I drink black coffee. If people leave food near my desk then I'm going to eat.
Thats some scavenger I ain't to afraid to eat out of a garbage can shit mentality.

I am not about that life. But I am tolerant of different beliefs so as gesture of goodwill I am going to give you the heads up that we are going to throw out some pizza in the garbage tomorrow night.

Bon appetit motherfucker.

Thats some scavenger I ain't to afraid to eat out of a garbage can shit mentality.

I am not about that life. But I am tolerant of different beliefs so as gesture of goodwill I am going to give you the heads up that we are going to throw out some pizza in the garbage tomorrow night.

Wow, I didn't know you speak French!

Milchjon

Gronk is a system TE

Don't tell that to Bills players, who were not so impressed with Gronkowski's accomplishments.

"He uses his body well, but he's got Tom Brady," Bills safety Corey Graham said, via the Boston Globe. "I mean, Tom Brady's Tom Brady."

Yes, Gronk's numbers have improved since Brady's return this season:

Without Brady: 2 games, 0.5 receptions per game, 5.5 receiving YPG, 0 TDs
With Brady: 4 games, 5.3 rec per game, 118.3 YPG, 3 TDs

Those stats also don't account for Gronk dealing with an injury to open the season.

"I'm more impressed with [Martellus] Bennett than Gronk," Bills linebacker Zach Brown added. "When Tom Brady wasn't here, you didn't hear [Gronkowski]. But when Tom Brady comes back he knows where to place it, how to place it, and he uses Gronk's size to his advantage.

"As far as blocking, no, I do not think he's one of the best. Bennett is probably a better blocker."

Sanjuro

I don't want garbage pizza. If you send me an email that there is fresh pizza, then I'll gladly eat.

Our defense/coaching has just been dogshit before Zim. Frazier's Tampa 2 was feasting territory for big arms like Cutler, Rodgers, and Stafford. Those guys can thank the Vikings from like 2007-2013 for much of their career stats. :p

On Zim's watch the Vikes are only 1-1 at Soldier Field. The one loss was by no means a blowout (13-21), either.
Mike Zimmer is 3-1 against the Bears in his first two seasons. If they come out tonight and look shitty after being slapped around by Philly, yeah, there will be problems. I just don't see it. Halloween is the holiday for the Zim Reapers, baby!

For my Chicago fan friends- rest easy. I still think the Cubs win it all in Cleveland! :}

Woah, dude. He had a bad game but he's also coached some good games this season.

I don't give a damn. Season was on the line with that game...Literally.

You don't fuck around in that situation.

We went from, possibly being 1st in the division to being at the bottom, down 2 in the division, and the rest of the Cowboys schedule is SOFT!!!

Fuck doug pederson. Howie and Jeff should get on the phone with Jim Harbaugh near the end of this season.

I hated this Doug pederson hire initially and I still do.

He doesn't coach with Nuts, makes baffling playcalls, and doesn't know how to keep his team disciplined. We came out the bye week looking like a shitball team.Andy Reid never let that happen. this dude is like a retarded Andy Reid.

I really don't get what you are trying to prove? That most of his passes are short drop offs or within the 10 yard range? I didn't dispute that nor did I say this offense with Wentz right now is some air it out bombs away offense.

BUT they have taken shots deep which has been noticeable considering he is a rookie QB, our WRs are just OK, and because everyone thought they would be super conservative. Which is also why last night sticks out even more. Against the Browns, Bears, Steelers, and Lions even if the passes weren't deep down the field they were in the intermediate 10-15 yard range. There were more roll outs and play action and overall creativity.

Wentz went from taking some shots deep, scrambling around, and being allowed to/able to throw more than just bubble screen. Then last night there are no shots deep, to the TEs, and their game plan revolved around Sproles up the middle, sweeps, and WR bubble screens which already started behind the line of scrimmage.

I don't know what spooked them out of what they were doing early in the season. If its simply that D's are playing better then I'd understand but you can't completely fold to a defense which is good but not great.

I'm "trying to prove" exactly what I said in my first post. Let's look:

Hard to get YAC when your QB doesn't throw for any distance. Only throw i've seen Wentz push down the field all season are seam throws to Tight Ends. I checked out of the game for a bit to watch TWD, but I don't remember hearing Ertz' name last night.

Teams are sitting on the Eagles routes because Carson isn't pushing the ball downfield. Now is he not doing that because the Wide Receivers suck ass? Possibly, but what I think it is instead is that Wentz has been instructed to get the ball out to his first or second read - which is what many rookies are coached to do their rookie year. His stats bear this out.

Air yards are a dumb stat that tell us nothing definitive about a quarterback.

It is obvious what is holding the Eagles offense back and it's not the QB. (Hint: It's the absolute trash WRs and RBs.)
I didn't sasy anything about Wentz holding your team back. All I said is he is not pushing the ball down the field, which Air yards explains specifically.

I didn't sasy anything about Wentz holding your team back. All I said is he is not pushing the ball down the field, which Air yards explains specifically.

wtf are you talking about, he aint pushing the ball down the field cause the coach isn't calling those plays.

Wentz has the power to make adjustments and call audibles but he doesn't call the real shots here.

Tom Penny

I have to admit Rex amuses me. Granted it's pretty much true but he basically told his team to forget about the division because they are incapable of catching up at this point. I'm sure if they won it would be the total opposite.

wtf are you talking about, he aint pushing the ball down the field cause the coach isn't calling those plays.

Wentz has the power to make adjustments and call audibles but he doesn't call the real shots here.

not_sure_if_serious.gif

wtf are you talking about, he aint pushing the ball down the field

Seriously Eagles fans, stop getting pissy about your QB and actually READ POSTS.

Top Bottom