• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 9 |OT| - This. is. the. GPODAWUND

Damn. I actually like Huff. He had potential :(

People have been saying this about him since he was picked. If he had potential he'd show it. Like the other receivers he can't get open or catch. He's a great STer though, but Wendell Smallwood (Mr. Fumble) also showed that in the preseason.

Frankly Agholor can do us a favor and get himself cut too.

BigAT

Wow, I can't believe Howie planted pot, a handgun and hollow-point bullets on Josh Huff just so he would have an excuse to get rid of one of Chip's draft picks.

Does his scheming know no bounds?!

Wow, I can't believe Howie planted pot, a handgun and hollow-point bullets on Josh Huff just so he would have an excuse to get rid of one of Chip's draft picks.

Does his scheming know no bounds?!

Who is next!? My money is on Jordan Hicks. He's too friendly and articulate to not be on Howie's radar.

Lol listening to the giant bombcast, and got to the Easy nark correction part. Also they and gaming side is kinda getting me hype about Titanfall2. Might pick it up on ps4.

E-snark

Hindl

I'm happy to see Treggs get a shot. He may not be good, but we desperately needed to try something else.

All he really needs to do is just get past an unsuspecting defender once and catch a deep bomb for a TD. If he can do it once, then the threat will at least be there, even if he never really develops beyond that. Hopefully the first play of the Giants game is a play action bomb to him

I forget what the biggest knocks on Treggs were. Height was a big one as he's only 5'11", but speed can make up for that, and apparently that's the one thing he has. No clue how his route running is.

Pepiope

All he really needs to do is just get past an unsuspecting defender once and catch a deep bomb for a TD. If he can do it once, then the threat will at least be there, even if he never really develops beyond that. Hopefully the first play of the Giants game is a play action bomb to him
Hopefully Aggy takes on the Huff role at WR and DGB gets even more PT. I want to see Matthews, DGB, and Treggs as 1-2-3.

If Josh Huff lived in Colorado he would be in a ton less trouble...

Possession/use is decriminalized in Philly, and the gun stuff is legal in Philly as long as the gun wasn't loaded during transport. The DUI isn't legal in either place as far as I know.

He got hit the hardest cause he was in NJ.

Hunter S.

Possession/use is decriminalized in Philly, and the gun stuff is legal in Philly as long as the gun wasn't loaded during transport. The DUI isn't legal in either place as far as I know.

He got hit the hardest cause he was in NJ.
I was only aware of the 9 mm and marijuana possesion. Not the DUI, that is pretty shit. It is also legal to have a loaded handgun with or without a permit here.

I was only aware of the 9 mm and marijuana possesion. Not the DUI, that is pretty shit. It is also legal to have a loaded handgun with or without a permit here.

Yeah the cop smelled smoke in the car so he was given the DUI for smoking and driving. I know it doesn't have the same effects as alcohol so some people hand wave that away, but cars are dangerous and not worth fucking around with.

PA has some esoteric shit with their gun laws. You don't need a permit to open carry a gun anywhere in the state but Philadelphia. You need a permit to conceal carry or to open carry in Philly. No restrictions on loaded/unloaded when carrying it on your person. The second you start driving a car though, it needs to be unloaded, which doesn't make a ton of sense to me. The unloaded while driving thing was probably a knee jerk legislation to drivebys or something.

Hindl

I forget what the biggest knocks on Treggs were. Height was a big one as he's only 5'11", but speed can make up for that, and apparently that's the one thing he has. No clue how his route running is.

His route running is supposed to be alright. He just seems like a (much) lesser DJax, without the god tier ball tracking that DJax has. And without those, you go from the 2nd round to undrafted. He could develop into a field stretcher if nothing else.

Hopefully Aggy takes on the Huff role at WR and DGB gets even more PT. I want to see Matthews, DGB, and Treggs as 1-2-3.

Yeah I could see that. Agholor just isn't developing, I think he's a lost cause. And JMatt will pretty much only ever be a slot guy. DGB has been quietly developing, but you can't count on him now. I really hope Treggs develops, because as much as I want Alshon, this team really needs a deep threat, and Alshon isn't fast enough to take the top off of defenses.

Mindlog

CwUWbXvWQAALnML.jpg
This makes me feel, Browns.

Vote with your wallets.

Don't watch Thursday Night Football.

It's bad product with bad teams and is ultimately bad for the players as well.

Watch basketball instead.

Thanks

P.S. Go Bucs

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You're gonna have too because no he isn't

I wish Bears fans actually existed here to argue on behalf of Cutler because, while I don't think Cutler is clearly better, he might be slightly better. The stats actually show a stunning similarity between the two.

Depends on a number of variables like whether or not you feel one has had a better coaching staff than the other. They've both had Adam Gase so there's a bit of apples to apples comparison being done this season with Tannehill.

After thinking about it, Tannehill might be better because he's younger and that's it.

I wish Bears fans actually existed here to argue on behalf of Cutler because, while I don't think Cutler is clearly better, he might be slightly better. The stats actually show a stunning similarity between the two.

Depends on a number of variables like whether or not you feel one has had a better coaching staff than the other. They've both had Adam Gase so there's a bit of apples to apples comparison being done this season with Tannehill.

After thinking about it, Tannehill might be better because he's younger and that's it.

I win, Woooooooo!!!!!!!

Line_HTX

Warren Moon says that a Developmental League would improve QB quality play.

I'm kind of stunned how there's no minor league thing like what beisbool or the NBA does. It just feels like searching for a good QB is nowhere to be found.

Hindl

Good breakdown of the Cowboys game:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/11/3/13489176/week-8-film-room-carson-wentzs-downfield-woes

Lotta interesting notes, most specifically about the passing game. Wentz and Doug did have a few plays to go downfield, but whenever they ran those plays there was no separation, so they couldn't go deep. Wentz had a pretty solid game again working with what he had. That Smallwood fumble was outside of his control, but Doug's bad playcalling was on the non-field goal drive, other than that he had a pretty good game plan. I think that's what makes this loss suck, the Eagles flat out played better on Sunday, and if they had just done the obvious thing at the end, the Cowboys wouldn't have gotten back in it, no matter how well they played. But c'est la vie, Doug's a rookie coach and he'll learn.

One positive is the continued development of Marcus Smith. He's quietly been making a play or two a game in the rotational spot, finally showing signs of life. He'll probably never develop into a fulltime starter, but it's nice to see him improve into a nice rotational piece at DE, especially since I assume we'll be looking to move Barwin and Curry has been underwhelming.

Overall this game showed me that the Eagles can compete with the top teams, are we are a lot less far off from contenders than I thought. Really, one good offseason/FA would put this team over the top. Maybe every other team is going to dramatically improve in the offseason too, but I doubt it, especially since most teams' problems start at the OL, which is hard to fix in a single season. As much as we Eagles fans complain about our OL, they actually are one of the better ones in the league. Imagine Wentz behind the Vikings or Seahawks OL.

I'm kind of stunned how there's no minor league thing like what beisbool or the NBA does. It just feels like searching for a good QB is nowhere to be found.
There was, NFL Europe

Shryuken!!!

Developmental league would be the best thing to happen to the NFL. Plus it would destroy the NCAA, so that is a great perk.

MechDX

Didnt realize the Packers play the Colts Sunday. If there ever was a "get right" game for Rodgers this is it.

Colts defense is pretty bad

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Developmental league would be the best thing to happen to the NFL. Plus it would destroy the NCAA, so that is a great perk.

Goddell has expressed a strong interest in some kind of D league along with upping allowed practice time in the next CBA. 2020 is going to be a shit show negotiating that thing.

Didnt realize the Packers play the Colts Sunday. If there ever was a "get right" game for Rodgers this is it.

Colts defense is pretty bad

You must have missed the Falcons game friend.

Rodgers played pretty damn well.

Hindl

Cowboys-GAF. Check @Cianaf timeline for some coaches film gifs of Dak.

I hope you reach the conclusion that a healthy Romo takes this team further.

He also wrote this article, Film Room: Ezekiel Elliott.

You're spoilers are my thoughts exactly. Dak played well in the 4th quarter to come from behind, but the whole reason they got in that situation was because until then he played a pretty poor game. Even with the state of the league and the Cowboys recent success, I don't think they go that far in the playoffs this year with Dak. With Romo they could contend for the SB. I'm just glad Jerry wants to ride the hot hand instead of putting Romo back in.

Goddell has expressed a strong interest in some kind of D league along with upping allowed practice time in the next CBA. 2020 is going to be a shit show negotiating that thing.

You must have missed the Falcons game friend.

Rodgers played pretty damn well.

A developmental league sounds good, but I'm curious how that'll work with the increased wear and tear it puts on people's bodies. I feel like the NFL would rather have rookies that are raw technically but 21-23 over more developed rookies entering at 24-26

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Cowboys-GAF, check @Cianaf timeline for some coaches film gifs of Dak.

I hope you reach the conclusion that a healthy Romo takes this team further.

He also wrote this article, Film Room: Ezekiel Elliott.

I agree to some extent, but I also know Romo would have more than two picks at this point in the season.

You're spoilers are my thoughts exactly. Dak played well in the 4th quarter to come from behind, but the whole reason they got in that situation was because until then he played a pretty poor game. Even with the state of the league and the Cowboys recent success, I don't think they go that far in the playoffs this year with Dak. With Romo they could contend for the SB. I'm just glad Jerry wants to ride the hot hand instead of putting Romo back in.

A developmental league sounds good, but I'm curious how that'll work with the increased wear and tear it puts on people's bodies. I feel like the NFL would rather have rookies that are raw technically but 21-23 over more developed rookies entering at 24-26

I think the point of the D-league would be to replace college programs. You're talking about recruiting from high school or freshman/sophomore programs first, then filling in with people coming out of college who don't yet have the necessary skills or weren't given the chance to show them off. What college player wouldn't rather play for a D-league where they can get paid? NFL would eat NCAAs lunch.

MechDX

Andy Benoit ‏@Andy_Benoit 21h21 hours ago
#Texans Film: on 1st incomplete Osweiler panicked late in down from perfect pocket, moved needlessly and failed to see deep seam route open.

Andy Benoit ‏@Andy_Benoit 20h20 hours ago
#Texans Film: Bill O’Brien did good job of calling defined reads at short-intermediate levels to get Osweiler comfortable after shaky start.

There are some out there blaming O'Brien for Osweilers play.

It isnt BOB.

#FreeSavage

What Minnesota really needs right now is a colorful motivational speech from one of the greatest to ever give them.

Coach Jerry Burns.

Top Bottom