• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 9 |OT| - This. is. the. GPODAWUND

Hindl

Well I definitely could've seen him activating Treggs and inactivating Smallwood.

Though, ya. I kinda think it's bullshit too.

I dunno I can't see Smallwood getting deactivated. He's a part of the future, after next year I think he'll be the only current RB on the roster with Sproles retiring, Mathews off the team, and Barner 29 and probably looking elsewhere. Smallwood will continue to get touches, hopefully more than just the 1 he got last game with the fumble.

Dolphins were too good that day. They totally shut down Steven Jackson in arguably Belichicks dumbest game plan in history:(

No idea what he was thinking

The Panthers would have beaten the Patriots in the Super Bowl last year

Stupid Dolphins winning stupid Week 17 games took away our chance to get Jake's Revenge.

#banchris
#butkeepYanetandthecheerleaders

smh we couldn't take that chance, we had to make sure evil would be defeated and we got to share in a little bit of the glory when the Broncos won the owl...which we couldn't do if you had won but if you'll ban me you can be sure I'm taking my cheerleaders with me!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
EP-311039744.jpg&updated=201611032204&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

LETS GO

Slo

I can't wait to see how cheap Vikings tickets are after this weekend. I really want to go to the stadium.

Tom Penny

No idea what he was thinking !
That game and random trick kick off against the Eagles up 14 cost then Homefield. Flat out stupidity. On top of the asstastic gameplan against Miami he played Brady when he literally just handed the ball off 20 times in the first half then decided to throw a bunch and Suh almost took him out SMH

That game and random trick kick off against the Eagles up 14 cost then Homefield. Flat out stupidity. On top of the asstastic gameplan against Miami he played Brady when he literally just handed the ball off 20 times in the first half then decided to throw a bunch and Suh almost took him out SMH

Yeah it was baffling and not like him at all. People like to say he 'took' the loss on purpose but that would only make sense if he actually benched his starters....

Had some delicious Taco Bell for lunch today. Thanks chris!!

squicken

God Zimmer is gonna start pulling kids from the local high school to stick out there

They are done. MIN has 4 defensive starters that play every down: Kendricks, Smith, Barr, and Sendejo. Kendricks and Sendejo are now hurt. Injury luck what are you gonna do?

squicken

The Ravens are 6-1 against PIT when Ben is out. It's pretty nuts that Ben has missed 7 games against the Steelers biggest rival

Rick Spielman is the anti-Theo Epstein.

There's no way he could have predicted what has happened. With just a mediocre line they would be SB contenders

The Ravens are 6-1 against PIT when Ben is out. It's pretty nuts that Ben has missed 7 games against the Steelers biggest rival

There's no way he could have predicted what has happened. With just a mediocre line they would be SB contenders

Agree, I think the trade was good on both sides still. When injuries hit like this you can't point fingers IMO

Hindl

They are done. MIN has 4 defensive starters that play every down: Kendricks, Smith, Barr, and Sendejo. Kendricks and Sendejo are now hurt. Injury luck what are you gonna do?

Yeah, when half your team dies you're pretty much fucked. Eagles have been remarkably healthy this year barring some week to week injuries that haven't affected much. The biggest one was probably Bennie Logan out against the Cowboys, but they still did very well against the run anyway. All the Eagles need is one or two players to get injured and this team starts a nosedive similar to the Vikings.

Striker

They went into OT last year with Mike Vick playing QB. Lost the game at the end due to some dumb coaching call by Tomlin.

And looks like Buck and Aikman are calling the Eagles-Giants game. Agh!

Yeah, when half your team dies you're pretty much fucked. Eagles have been remarkably healthy this year barring some week to week injuries that haven't affected much. The biggest one was probably Bennie Logan out against the Cowboys, but they still did very well against the run anyway. All the Eagles need is one or two players to get injured and this team starts a nosedive similar to the Vikings.

They were ok against the run but Beau Allen was not stellar. He's a good backup but he needs more experience against a line as good as Dallas to really shine. The LBs and safeties really picked up some of the slack on that side. Connor Barwin was pretty awful against the run too.

Miracle at the New Meadowlands Full Game on Youtube

That comeback will forever be one of my all time favorite sporting moments.

I bought a 4k TV in 2014 as kind of a stopgap. Just waiting for OLED to come down in price and for HDR to gain some sort of standardization.
HDR standards are mostly in place right now (UHD premium certification). We do have HDMI 2.1 coming next year and dynamic HDR metadata so there's that but it wasn't enough to stop me as soon as the 55inch dropped to $1999. Considering the set supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision and meets the UHD Premium Certification requirements.

Hindl

They were ok against the run but Beau Allen was not stellar. He's a good backup but he needs more experience against a line as good as Dallas to really shine. The LBs and safeties really picked up some of the slack on that side. Connor Barwin was pretty awful against the run too.

Oh definitely, all of Zeke's big runs went through Beau Allen. Luckily everyone else was able to pick up his slack. Cox especially didn't do much as a pass rusher but just manhandled the run. I'm not saying he was a replacement for Bennie, but run D wasn't the reason they lost that game. And yeah, Connor Barwin just does not belong in a 4-3. If Curry can step it up a little, then I'd be comfortable with BG, Curry, Marcus Smith and Steven Means as our DEs and ship Barwin off. Same with Beau Allen and Destiny Vaeao behind Cox and Logan. Our DL has pretty decent depth and it should be enough for a year or two until they need to start drafting replacements.

squicken

HDR standards are mostly in place right now (UHD premium certification). We do have HDMI 2.1 coming next year and dynamic HDR metadata so there's that but it wasn't enough to stop me as soon as the 55inch dropped to $1999. Considering the set supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision and meets the UHD Premium Certification requirements.

Cool! I think Dolby Vision is based on dynamic HDR so I would think your set could handle that. My folks will be getting a new set soon so I will definitely look at the reduced prices you mentioned. Sounds like an awesome deal

Mindlog

Wasn't really looking to replace my main screen. Just looking to upgrade my outdoor/grill screens. However, all the 4K HDR OLED talk is starting to get to me.

Striker

Miracle at the New Meadowlands Full Game on Youtube

That comeback will forever be one of my all time favorite sporting moments.
Barwin will face Flowers this week, right? So entirely different scenario this week. They'll need to double Cox inside and Richburg needs to get his head out of his ass.

That loss was painful, yes. I'm still reminiscent to the comeback in '06!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2006091708/2006/REG2/giants@eagles#tab=analyze

BigAT

I was looking up what the hell Simpsons episodes are even about these days and stumbled upon this synopsis:

Homer discovers a new app that makes his life easier, and Grampa learns he's going to be a father again.

Guest stars: Dan Fouts and Matt Leinart
Leinart? Really? Unless he is playing a hot tub spokesman, that is really sad if that is the best football-related guest star they could get.

Top Bottom