• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 9 |OT| - This. is. the. GPODAWUND

Rewatched the Eagles game some last night. Play of the game? Keenan Robinson tracking down Sproles on that return to save the TD. Just a great effort by him and the resulting series led to no points thanks to the FG block.

Panthers had 12 sacks through the first 6 games.

Panthers had 12 sacks in their last 2 games.

Biggest difference between last year and this year for the Panthers' defense (and quite frankly for the team overall) is the play of the front 4, not losing Norman.

You generate pressure like they did last year and like they have the last two games and you can cover a bad secondary. You don't...and you give up 300 yards to Julio Jones. (Or 178 like Norman did in the second game against the Falcons last year)

EDIT: Before someone runs in here, yes playing Palmer and Keenum helps.

Striker

Rewatched the Eagles game some last night. Play of the game? Keenan Robinson tracking down Sproles on that return to save the TD. Just a great effort by him and the resulting series led to no points thanks to the FG block.
That was big, as was the tip by Adams on the deep ball to Matthews.

Feels like Jones came in and did an admirable job at LG. I feel like he'll be starting a while because I'm sensing Pugh will be out a while. He had an MRI last night. Flowers did a pretty good job yesterday and I thought Richburg performed better than he has thus far. No Donnell was a nice breath of fresh air. Gotta get more plays for Perkins, though.

That was big, as was the tip by Adams on the deep ball to Matthews.

Feels like Jones came in and did an admirable job at LG. I feel like he'll be starting a while because I'm sensing Pugh will be out a while. He had an MRI last night. Flowers did a pretty good job yesterday and I thought Richburg performed better than he has thus far. No Donnell was a nice breath of fresh air. Gotta get more plays for Perkins, though.

Not that PFF is gospel and we know it isn't but they did state he wa the highest rated member of the oline and the only one not to allow a pressure. Good sign.

Raaaaaaidaahhh!!! Defense finally seem to be meshing well together last few games ....and scary thing for the rest of the NFL, they only gonna get better with Mario Edward and Aldon returning soon ...I'm be happy if we go .500 rest of the way and make the playoff and just be healthy during playoffs ...

Antrel Rolle retiring

And apparently Sheldon Richardson and Mo Wilkerson miss team meetings on the regular and probably why they got benched

Furyous

Browns lost to a better team yesterday after starting their late round rookie that was supposed to hold a clipboard for the entire season. We aren't going 0-16 so kill that noise. The rest of the teams on our schedule aren't guaranteed to beat us anyway. We can't fuck up our draft status and every QB on the roster is brittle as shit. In other words we have at least three winnable games moving forward. 3-13 is a good record if you take into starting five QBs in five games due to injury. It's not our QB's fault because our defense is one of the youngest in the league. 5 different starting QBs in 5 games + young defense = 0 wins

DMczaf

This is for your doubting heart!

MfG50ll.gif

You did this to yourself

Animu is negative karma

Fitts

Raaaaaaidaahhh!!! Defense finally seem to be meshing well together last few games ....and scary thing for the rest of the NFL, they only gonna get better with Mario Edward and Aldon returning soon ...I'm be happy if we go .500 rest of the way and make the playoff and just be healthy during playoffs ...

Hopeful that Edwards can stay healthy when he returns, but if not we may have to cut our losses. (as harsh as that is -- Mario is a good dude and a huge asset when he can stay on the field) Not holding my breath for Aldon to return because Goodell's a jackass.

dionysus

Yaldog
Saints game for the Broncos could be tough because I don't think they can win a shoot out with Brees especially in the Dome.

I could see the Saints winning it but I doubt it. Saints O-line has been overperforming expectations so far this year, but our pro-bowl left tackle Armstead is beat up and in and out of every game it seems like. Against a good pass rush and good secondary the Saints are going to struggle.

Antrel Rolle retiring

And apparently Sheldon Richardson and Mo Wilkerson miss team meetings on the regular and probably why they got benched
Congrats to Antrel. It was amazing to see him transform into a Coughlin "guy". He was frustrating to watch at times but he had some pretty great years with the Giants and brought a ton of leadership into the locker room.

He'll be in the Giants Ring of Honor in the future.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
QB Aaron Rodgers: Packers' energy level 'wasn't where it needed to be'

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers didn't like the vibe from his team on Sunday, and the Green Bay Packers quarterback delivered that message loud and clear after its third loss in the past four games.

Rodgers said his team had "uncharacteristically low energy for whatever reason" in the 31-26 loss to the Indianapolis Colts at Lambeau Field on a day when a win would have pulled the Packers into a first-place tie with the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC North. Instead, they're 4-4 at the midway point of the season.

"I mean, that didn't help, I'm sure, but c'mon -- we've got to be mentally tougher than that," Rodgers said. "That's just unacceptable."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ristically-low-energy-loss-indianapolis-colts

R-E-L-A-X

bionic77

Nothing he can say will make my love for him waver. And this is coming from a hardcore liberal
I am sure your female and minority friends (this is just a hypothetical, I know you don't have any minority friends) must be thrilled that you place your love for your cheating cunt of a qb over their rights to live happily as human beings.

If the Panthers are legit coming back to contend for a playoff spot, the next two weeks are must wins.

Home against the Chiefs and home against the Saints.

Got to get those two before they fly cross country to play the greatest QB of all time Derek Carr, fly back to Charlotte, and then fly cross country again for Cam v. Wussy VII: The Rawls Awakens on SNF*

*99% chance it gets flexed out

I am sure your female and minority friends (this is just a hypothetical, I know you don't have any minority friends) must be thrilled that you place your love for your cheating cunt of a qb over their rights to live happily as human beings.

Allies legit think we already have all the rights

We can marry now, what more could we possibly want? Why can't we be grateful dammit all the hard work the Allies went through to help us win all rights forever and we still pointing out injustices

So Dougie was asked about going for it twice on 4th down deep in Giants territory and failing both times in a game that the Eagles lost by five points and he said:

"he is going to continue to be as aggressive as I can" even though the Eagles failed to convert both times.

Malcom Jenkins had this to say about the 4th down tries:

“We’re not going to win ballgames like this being overly aggressive offensively and giving the ball away,” Jenkins said. “We can’t be turning the ball over. We have to stay patient on offense, stingy on defense, aggressive on special teams. We have to be precise in everything we do.”

Nice to see ne of the leaders on the team come out and call doug out for his bullshit. His poor decisions have now cost the Eagles back to back games within the division. Eagles went from being 3-0 and looking good to last place in the NFC East in just a few weeks.

Pepiope

So Dougie was asked about going for it twice on 4th down deep in Giants territory and failing both times in a game that the Eagles lost by five points and he said:

"he is going to continue to be as aggressive as I can" even though the Eagles failed to convert both times.

“We’re not going to win ballgames like this being overly aggressive offensively and giving the ball away,” Jenkins said. “We can’t be turning the ball over. We have to stay patient on offense, stingy on defense, aggressive on special teams. We have to be precise in everything we do.”

Nice to see ne of the leaders on the team come out and call doug out for his bullshit. His poor decisions have now cost the Eagles back to back games within the division. Eagles went from being 3-0 and looking good to last place in the NFC East in just a few weeks.
Rookie hc. We over achieved at the beginning of the season, this isn't a playoff team.

squicken

I thought last week Dougie really lost the game, but this week I thought it was the defense/Wentz. I'm really surprised by the Eagles' defense. They had the good games vs PIT and MIN (who both suck) but otherwise they haven't been good. Schwartz hasn't really been the savior he was touted as

gutshot

I like Pederson's aggressiveness, but Jenkins is right about the way they will win games this season. Their offense isn't good enough to continually squander scoring opportunities and expect to get away with it. They need to take the points, especially early in games.

That being said, you can't blame the last two losses solely on Pederson. It's pretty obvious they have severe talent deficiencies on offense. Wentz is good for a rookie, but can't yet carry a subpar offense to respectability. This year is going to be a learning year. Hopefully they can upgrade at RB and WR in the offseason and go into next season ready to contend.

I thought last week Dougie really lost the game, but this week I thought it was the defense/Wentz. I'm really surprised by the Eagles' defense. They had the good games vs PIT and MIN (who both suck) but otherwise they haven't been good. Schwartz hasn't really been the savior he was touted as

Their corners are just trash. And now they have no depth after trading away Rowe and losing Brooks to injury. If they can get pressure on the opposing QB, that weakness can be masked, but if not, they are susceptible to being gashed.

Top Bottom