• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah real talk

I finally feel like the Packers aren't the biggest chokers in the league. This by far tops the 2014 NFCCG and it's not even close.

I'm so sorry Atlanta fans. No rings and to come that close? Yeesh

The only other game besides these two that even comes close was that Colts game where they scored 21 points in 5 minutes or something ridiculous against the bucs.

As a Dolphins fan even that level of choke is beyond me. I don't even know if I could watch football again after that one if I was an ATL fan.

p03vIjt.png

Eleuin

Yeah real talk

I finally feel like the Packers aren't the biggest chokers in the league. This by far tops the 2014 NFCCG and it's not even close.

I'm so sorry Atlanta fans. No rings and to come that close? Yeesh
It definitely had the same feeling of "this shit is happening and nothing is stopping it"

I don't even remember the exact order in the NFCCG but once that edelman catch, or botched onside, or tyree happens... you know its over

This game was literally a representation of America of the weeks leading up to the election, and then election night.

Lmao what a fucking last few months this nation has had.

Grexeno

It definitely had the same feeling of "this shit is happening and nothing is stopping it"

I don't even remember the exact order in the NFCCG but once that edelman catch, or botched onside, or tyree happens... you know its over
The Falcons following up Julio's catch by getting knocked out of field goal range by a huge sack and a holding penalty is that moment.

Chase17

Still feel nervous. Crazy game. Can't believe the Pats came back, thought it was over at half.

Sorry to Falcon's Gaf. Great team, that will hopefully be back to a super bowl soon.

Purdy

But this was the best game of football ever played

Wasn't even the best in the playoffs. Watching either team shit the bed for a full half is boring (until NE comeback felt real) and ending on unfair OT rules was exciting but ultimately sucked.

Dallas vs Green Bay was much more exciting and enjoyable throughout

Bread

Banned
If Jimmy isn't traded to the Browns I will give BG a Jamie Collins jersey

Gobias said no

This is a legally binding post

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Yeah I remember being inconsolable for like a week after that game

If I'm an Atlanta fan, I'd think about quitting football. So I wouldn't blame RBH, storybrook, tmdorsey, or any of them if they didn't post like...ever again.

LJ11

Coleman going out hurt as well. Falcons were content with leaving Freeman on the pine after the missed blitz pickup and a couple of other runs where he decided to stop and dance in the backfield. Looked like they wanted to ride Coleman, he goes out, they go back to the pass. Man, this game should be the only tape coaches need to watch for clock management, it should be the fucking bible going forward. What not to do when you're up multiple scores in the 4th.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Atlanta's defense was so good for three quarters. Then they are gassed from going all out all night and just fade away. The NE defense meanwhile kept fucking up over and over and over again but they did some stuff at the right time to keep it from being a 30 point blowout.

Still crazy to think that the first overtime in Super Bowl history doesn't happen if the refs make the right call on a blocked extra point or Ghost doesn't doink one on the first touchdown.

Brinbe

And that's the season. Congrats Pats-GAF. Amazing job this season. Y'all had the best team from start to finish.

Really feel for those Falcon fans though. I'd be devastated beyond belief if I went through that and I suffered through all those Bills SB losses and the Music City Miracle as well as those three straight NFCG+SB losses with the Eagles.

But nothing compared to choking like that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Atlanta's defense was so good for three quarters. Then they are gassed from going all out all night and just fade away. The NE defense meanwhile kept fucking up over and over and over again but they did some stuff at the right time to keep it from being a 30 point blowout.

Still crazy to think that the first overtime in Super Bowl history doesn't happen if the refs make the right call on a blocked extra point or Ghost doesn't doink one on the first touchdown.

Yeah I remember thinking "huh up 28-3 but New England is winning the TOP 2:1...oh well!"

Well that time of possession really came back and bit them

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I remember being inconsolable for like a week after that game

If I'm an Atlanta fan, I'd think about quitting football. So I wouldn't blame RBH, storybrook, tmdorsey, or any of them if they didn't post like...ever again.

I was going through the roughest patch of my life when the pats lost in 2008. I was jobless, moved back with my folks for a bit, my old man gets cancer and is thinking about just giving up the ghost, and I was just off of my longest relationship in my life. I was rough for about two months there...but everything worked out. I was able to drive my dad to all his appointments because I was home. The housing crash gave me plenty of work clearing out places and I buy the home I'm in now right near my folk's house for super cheap within six months.

Those two months though...Dark. The cancer thing was scary but he's been clean for years now. The thing I remember that hurt the most was oddly the Pats game which is hard to say, mainly because I put the other stuff out of my mind.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And that's the season. Congrats Pats-GAF. Amazing job this season. Y'all had the best team from start to finish.

Really feel for those Falcon fans though. I'd be devastated beyond belief if I went through that and I suffered through all those Bills SB losses and the Music City Miracle as well as those three straight NFCG+SB losses with the Eagles.

But nothing compared to choking like that.

The first Bills Super Bowl loss was the worst super bowl choke before this. Maybe second behind the Seahawks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Belichick is such a great coach. Brady owes him so fucking much.

He's also the best team builder ever even though he can't seemingly draft a few positions.

Brady has been helping these past few years by not drawing the salary he deserves as the greatest QB of all time though. Talk about someone who really puts the team first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom