• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give it a month, maybe optimistic thinking two might be possible, before I lose marriage rights. Open offer to anyone here. Preference to anybody with dual citizenship or any other way out of the country

Honestly don't know what to do

What a shit ending.

Yup, football was a mistake.

I think I'm finally starting to accept that life isn't gonna get better

I was about to start typing up a post but ended up spilling my drink all over my laptop. I'll have to open it up and take a look tomorrow but that's probably a write-off, 2017 keeps getting better.

I'll take it as a sign that I need to stop posting like TDR. I'll see you guys in the CFL thread or something.
Don't give up...

Never give up..

LionPride

Banned
Man shit, my team was out a while ago, but I was rooting for ATL! The stripper economy gotta wait for that boom...

FUCK IT ALL GODDAMN

MechDX

If the Texans had a fucking QB we wouldn't even be having this discussion!

Once again, Bill spreads his cancerous goons throughout the NFL, ruining franchises from within. Something needs to be done!

This depresses me. :(

Can I have a damn QB please?

I was about to start typing up a post but ended up spilling my drink all over my laptop. I'll have to open it up and take a look tomorrow but that's probably a write-off, 2017 keeps getting better.

I'll take it as a sign that I need to stop posting like TDR. I'll see you guys in the CFL thread or something.

I hope to see you elsewhere.

I don't know how much longer I can last in general

tmdorsey

Want to apologize to all who supported the Falcons in hopes of taking down the Trumps. This was the most embarrassing and worst beat I've seen as an Atlanta sports fan. This one hurts so much that I'm officially done with all sports period until the start of next season. I'm only about that Switch/PS4 life now.

Not that I posted all that often, but I'm more so gonna lurk now than anything. This loss is just too hard. We in one game cemented freaking Brady, Bellicheck, as the GOATS and I'm absolutely sick about it. Fuck everything!

Once again so sorry NFL-GAF. 😕

Big-E

NFL is a fucking joke. The league makes up charges to prevent this very thing to happen. Tom clowned on the whole league. He did exactly what the league didn't want him to do. Sit out his four games and then win the super bowl. The rest of the NFL, as in the other teams, needs to hold the L for the shit kicking that has been going on for over a decade. People decry the AFC East for being weak, it is weak because of the beatings they have sustained for over a decade. Where was the rest of the AFC to stop Tom? Non existent. NFC sent their best and they failed in the glory of his presence. The NFL is Tom and I am actually happy this happened so the dominance can end as it is getting boring when one team for over a decade is heads and shoulders above the rest.

Duxxy3

Now that's is the off season. Who do the Pats pick up to make them even better :)

I don't think the Pats will be better next season. Going to lose a good chunk of the secondary. Some defensive linemen. Marty is probably gone as well. Blount might not be back. Hightower is going to be expensive to bring back. Extending Solder will be as well.

I think the team, particular the defense, is going to look very different next year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't think the Pats will be better next season. Going to lose a good chunk of the secondary. Some defensive linemen. Marty is probably gone as well. Blount might not be back. Hightower is going to be expensive to bring back. Extending Solder will be as well.

I think the team, particular the defense, is going to look very different next year.

Marty is going to be expensive for whomever gets him. He definitely played his way into a big deal from someone.

Tom Penny

I think they are fine. They shouldn't sign any offensive players. Re-up the D and make another run. They finally broke through with Gronk...that goes unnoticed.

Don't give up...

Never give up..

I hope to see you elsewhere.

I don't know how much longer I can last in general

I don't even care all that much about the Pats or Brady winning it tbh.

Last year was awful, both in terms of quality of play throughout the league and the Rams moving. I gave this year a shot but the freedom of having no team to support is worthless when the quality of football somehow got even worse and then at the end of it Trump still won.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think they are fine. They shouldn't sign any offensive players. Re-up the D and make another run. They finally broke through with Gronk...that goes unnoticed.

It didn't go unnoticed the first half though when Atlanta was hitting them crazy in the middle. Gronk getting double teamed would have made the defensive job the Falcons did impossible.

LJ11

Want to apologize to all who supported the Falcons in hopes of taking down the Trumps. This was the most embarrassing and worst beat I've seen as an Atlanta sports fan. This one hurts so much that I'm officially done with all sports period until the start of next season. I'm only about that Switch/PS4 life now.

Not that I posted all that often, but I'm more so gonna lurk now than anything. This loss is just too hard. We in one game cemented freaking Brady, Bellicheck, as the GOATS and I'm absolutely sick about it. Fuck everything!

Once again so sorry NFL-GAF. 😕

It's funny, there may be ATL fans that post more, but I kept thinking man, this has to suck for tmdorsey. Sorry bud, I'd feel the same exact way. B&B were already GOATS, but you guys put them in another league with that one, if that was even possible. Chin up my dude, sports fucking suck.

*Walks into room, sits in a chair in the corner*

kcVJKSw.png

TOLD YOU I'D SEE YOU IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS, BITCHES
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?
GOD DAMNIT ALL.
DAMN CONSERVATIVE SECOND HALF PLAY-CALLING
23 MINUTES OF POSSESSION. WHAT THE FUCK, MAN.

Duxxy3

I think they go for a tight end within the first few rounds of the draft. Maybe even double up on it. They'll probably go safety/corner early as well. I don't think Cyrus Jones is a total loss at corner, so I would prefer to draft a replacement for Duron Harmon.

I think we're OK at linebacker, as long as Hightower is brought back. I'd like to get some more DL help.

Blount is a FA, and the other two have one year left on their deals, so I think we draft a running back (finally).

Offensive line I'm actually happy with.

tmdorsey

It's funny, there may be ATL fans that post more, but I kept thinking man, this has to suck for tmdorsey. Sorry bud, I'd feel the same exact way. B&B were already GOATS, but you guys put them in another league with that one, if that was even possible. Chin up my dude, sports fucking suck.

Thanks LJ11. Yes sports do indeed fucking suck. SMDH.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thanks LJ11. Yes sports do indeed fucking suck. SMDH.

I feel terrible too. This happened to me once upon a time with the helmet catch. (And the Extra innings loss to the Yankees in 2003, that one really hurt) I wish this on no one and no team, especially my favorite NFC team.

It's just a game...except it isn't. You'll feel bad for a bit but you will forget eventually. Atlanta has something here!

Tom Penny

I think they go for a tight end within the first few rounds of the draft. Maybe even double up on it. They'll probably go safety/corner early as well. I don't think Cyrus Jones is a total loss at corner, so I would prefer to draft a replacement for Duron Harmon.

I think we're OK at linebacker, as long as Hightower is brought back. I'd like to get some more DL help.

Blount is a FA, and the other two have one year left on their deals, so I think we draft a running back (finally).

Offensive line I'm actually happy with.

They just won a SB. Doesn't really matter. If they have Brady and Bill chalk up 10 wins and go from there..

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I feel terrible too. This happened to me once upon a time with the helmet catch. (And the Extra innings loss to the Yankees in 2003, that one really hurt) I wish this on no one and no team, especially my favorite NFC team.

It's just a game...except it isn't. You'll feel bad for a bit but you will forget eventually. Atlanta has something here!

After a collapse like that, I don't see Atlanta wining more than 7 games next season.

This is the kind of loss that stays with you for the rest of your life. Green Bay had a hard time shaking off the 2014 NFCCG collapse...this is like 10x that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom