• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

After a collapse like that, I don't see Atlanta wining more than 7 games next season.

This is the kind of loss that stays with you for the rest of your life. Green Bay had a hard time shaking off the 2014 NFCCG collapse...this is like 10x that.

Niners were never the same after their Super Bowl loss. Trending down so should end up 1-15 next season.

Someone from the Falcons is gonna get fired. How the hell do you blow a 25 point lead like that, & allow the Patriots to win? I'm not even a fan of any football team; I just wanted someone else to win other than the Patriots, because they've won enough Super Bowl games. Almost other teams in the NFC would've gotten the job done.

A 25 POINT LEAD. It wasn't even a close game! The players need to hang their heads in shame for their performance. Never taking them seriously again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm happy you're happy but don't be disrespectful as fuck. The warriors lost up 3-1, fuck the warriors.

Yankees were up 3-0. Bottom of the Ninth. Up one. With the greatest closer of all time at his peak. Thus the biggest choke in sports history started.

3-1 happens a lot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Someone from the Falcons is gonna get fired. How the hell do you blow a 25 point lead like that, & allow the Patriots to win? I'm not even a fan of any football team, I just wanted someone else to win other than the Patriots.

A 25 POINT LEAD. It wasn't even a close game! The players need to hang their heads in shame for their performance.

The craziest part about this was that the Falcons didn't even let up on defense when ahead by that much. They had their foot on the gas until the last ten minutes or so when they got tired.

It's not like they fell asleep and played prevent defense. Their offense did a little to be honest but not a ton.

It actually reminds me of the 2001 Super Bowl where the Pats played out of their minds defense until the end of the third quarter and then Warner brought them back the second they got gassed.

Yankees were up 3-0. Bottom of the Ninth. Up one. With the greatest closer of all time at his peak. Thus the biggest choke in sports history started.

3-1 happens a lot.
857ea649bb656eb429631a20b549c347.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So if you never have a devastating loss you win?

The one neat thing about the Texans not really being the Oilers is you don't have their repeated history of blowing it at the very end in devastating fashion, the Titans continued that grand tradition instead.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This truly was the season of overtimes. So many ties too, even though a couple of teams managed to win near the very end.

This truly was the season of overtimes. So many ties too, even though a couple of teams managed to win near the very end.

This was the season of two things IMO:

1) The lack of quality QB's coming out of college came to a head this year, resulting in what was probably the worst year of football that I've seen

2) Kickers. The amout of blown field goals and extra points this year was insane. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if more of a premium was put on kickers going forward. One of the major reasons there were so many overtime games was due to all the missed kicks

JABEE

Agreed. The past is the past and best left forgotten.

Agreed. The XFL will redeem. I heard Vince is planning a comeback.

The XFL is the future of football. No fair catches and sexy cheerleaders as far as the eye can see.

We're going to make it through the night. It's alright. It's alright.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man I have no idea what I should watch for the next six months. Nascar? MLB?

Come back soon football...

These months suck.

I hate regular season hockey. The only thing I like about Basketball is team construction with the trades and the draft. Baseball is still two months away.

Line_HTX

Clear irrefutable and undisputable proof that Bionic is a fucking liar and the Nintendo Switch FUCKING SUCKS.

I hope the Switch bombs like hell. Fucking piece of shit hybrid who doesn't know what function it wants to be.

MechDX

This was the season of two things IMO:

1) The lack of quality QB's coming out of college came to a head this year, resulting in what was probably the worst year of football that I've seen

2) Kickers. The amout of blown field goals and extra points this year was insane. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if more of a premium was put on kickers going forward. One of the major reasons there were so many overtime games was due to all the missed kicks

Does this mean DM wins??

JABEE

Clear irrefutable and undisputable proof that Bionic is a fucking liar and the Nintendo Switch FUCKING SUCKS.

I hope the Switch bombs like hell. Fucking piece of shit hybrid who doesn't know what function it wants to be.

The Switch is not going to be popular. It's going to be a less popular Gamecube. I will still keep my preorder though.

So, the draft is coming up. Let's forget yesterday happened.

Prediction: the whitest team is going to win it all again as millions cheer

Want to move to 2018? Sure. Prediction: the most homophobic congressman is going to win reelection. Millions cheer.

Narag

Agreed. The XFL will redeem. I heard Vince is planning a comeback.

The XFL is the future of football. No fair catches and sexy cheerleaders as far as the eye can see.

We're going to make it through the night. It's alright. It's alright.

No, friend, that's tainted by his marriage into the Trump alliance. Our future awaits us in the Great White North where good honest football is still played.

Honestly, can't even be mad at Brady and the Asterisks. Congrats to them.

But seriously, FUCK the Falcons. Fuck them right in their ass for all time. I fell asleep in the 3rd because I thought the game was over, only to wake up in the fourth to see the Asterisks had closed it to 2 scores and were driving. One they got that first 2 point conversion I knew the game was over.

Somebody better put that whole team on suicide watch.

Line_HTX

I'm boycotting offseason Animu Sundays in protest of this sham.

Yeah, I think I am done done also. There's literally no more point in having any sort of interest. Upcoming draft sucks, free agency looks like shit, and no AFC teams are improving the least bit.

Football can go fucking die in a fire. It's beyond unwatchable because of a bunch of cretins in here. I would prefer if there was an indefinite work stoppage, to be honest.

Last eight NFL MVPs to play in a Super Bowl:

2016 Matt Ryan (Lost)
2015 Cam Newton (Lost)
2013 Peyton Manning (Lost)
2009 Peyton Manning (Lost)
2007 Tom Brady (Lost)
2005 Shaun Alexander (Lost)
2002 Rich Gannon (Lost)
2001 Kurt Warner (Lost)

MechDX

Last eight NFL MVPs to play in a Super Bowl:

2016 Matt Ryan (Lost)
2015 Cam Newton (Lost)
2013 Peyton Manning (Lost)
2009 Peyton Manning (Lost)
2007 Tom Brady (Lost)
2005 Shaun Alexander (Lost)
2002 Rich Gannon (Lost)
2001 Kurt Warner (Lost)

So basically Carr is fucked and Osweiler has a chance.....

LJ11

Honestly, can't even be mad at Brady and the Asterisks. Congrats to them.

But seriously, FUCK the Falcons. Fuck them right in their ass for all time. I fell asleep in the 3rd because I thought the game was over, only to wake up in the fourth to see the Asterisks had closed it to 2 scores and were driving. One they got that first 2 point conversion I knew the game was over.

Somebody better put that whole team on suicide watch.

The team, more like the city.

What's crazy is that the Pats dressed 3 RBs, sat Floyd. Blount is garbage, don't give a fuck what anyone says, he's useless unless you're playing some garbage D that can't stop a kitten. Lewis for whatever reason was ineffective, didn't do much in the pass game. White on the other hand tore shit up, isolated on LBs all game and made the Falcons pay. D was just too tired, they went all out in that first half, much of the 3rd and the Falcons didn't run enough plays to spell the D.

Vic Beasley was a ghost today, he just no showed, huge disappointment.

Bronx-Man

Banned
After a collapse like that, I don't see Atlanta wining more than 7 games next season.

This is the kind of loss that stays with you for the rest of your life. Green Bay had a hard time shaking off the 2014 NFCCG collapse...this is like 10x that.
And you know what that means!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom