• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hi guys. Can I join you?

DCX

Frodo-Hug-Samwise-Elijah-Wood-Sean-Astin.gif

And you know what that means!

giphy.gif

Not while the Detroit Lions remain in the NFC

staff2.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The team, more like the city.

What's crazy is that the Pats dressed 3 RBs, sat Floyd. Blount is garbage, don't give a fuck what anyone says, he's useless unless you're playing some garbage D that can't stop a kitten. Lewis for whatever reason was ineffective, didn't do much in the pass game. White on the other hand tore shit up, isolated on LBs all game and made the Falcons pay. D was just too tired, they went all out in that first half, much of the 3rd and the Falcons didn't run enough plays to spell the D.

Vic Beasley was a ghost today, he just no showed, huge disappointment.

White's revenge for failing last year in the AFC title game.

Line_HTX

NFL is a fucking joke. The league makes up charges to prevent this very thing to happen. Tom clowned on the whole league. He did exactly what the league didn't want him to do. Sit out his four games and then win the super bowl. The rest of the NFL, as in the other teams, needs to hold the L for the shit kicking that has been going on for over a decade. People decry the AFC East for being weak, it is weak because of the beatings they have sustained for over a decade. Where was the rest of the AFC to stop Tom? Non existent. NFC sent their best and they failed in the glory of his presence. The NFL is Tom and I am actually happy this happened so the dominance can end as it is getting boring when one team for over a decade is heads and shoulders above the rest.

This is worse than the Yankees run. Literally unwatchable. There's no point in even caring anymore.

LJ11

3rd and 10 inside their own 10, heavy pressure from the Falcons and Hogan gets open. Looked like ATL was in some type of two trap, outside CB dropped too far with vertical, just enough to fit it to Hogan on the out. Falcons had the right coverage call unless I'm wrong, sometime the other guys make plays.

Not hating, Pats made plays when they needed to, but man they also got some breaks. Edelman int/catch, ball Bennett caught after Brady was crushed. Definitely got some bounces.

The team, more like the city.

What's crazy is that the Pats dressed 3 RBs, sat Floyd. Blount is garbage, don't give a fuck what anyone says, he's useless unless you're playing some garbage D that can't stop a kitten. Lewis for whatever reason was ineffective, didn't do much in the pass game. White on the other hand tore shit up, isolated on LBs all game and made the Falcons pay. D was just too tired, they went all out in that first half, much of the 3rd and the Falcons didn't run enough plays to spell the D.

Vic Beasley was a ghost today, he just no showed, huge disappointment.

Jesus, I completely forgot about him. The way the Asterisks are able to keep the trains on schedule while taking gambles on so many players is honestly remarkable.

Yeah, I know Blount is shit. Reminds me of Brandon Jacobs - needs a huge head of steam to get any momentum going.

Tom Penny

3rd and 10 inside their own 10, heavy pressure from the Falcons and Hogan gets open. Looked like ATL was in some type of two trap, outside CB dropped too far with vertical, just enough to fit it to Hogan on the out. Falcons had the right coverage call unless I'm wrong, sometime the other guys make plays.

Not hating, Pats made plays when they needed to, but man they also got some breaks. Edelman int/catch, ball Bennett caught after Brady was crushed. Definitely got some bounces.

Yep they did. Tyree..Kearse...same shit. Law of averages when you get to 9 of them :)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Falcons D played so hard for 50 minutes. Tom didn't look right at all for parts of it but it was mainly because Atlanta jumped on everything he did and fought hard.

It's Atlanta's Offensive that took their foot off the gas if anything. Their Defensive just ran out of gas.

JABEE

I still don't understand how you call a passing play and take a sack on 2nd down at the 25 with the clock expiring. The Falcons are up by 16 points in the 4th and they are still throwing the ball and snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the playclock.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still don't understand how you call a passing play and take a sack on 2nd down at the 25 with the clock expiring. The Falcons are up by 16 points in the 4th and they are still throwing the ball and snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the playclock.

Their eat up the clock RB was just knocked out of the game and the pats do have a better run D than pass D.

Falcons D played so hard for 50 minutes. Tom didn't look right at all for parts of it but it was mainly because Atlanta jumped on everything he did and fought hard.

It's Atlanta's Offensive that took their foot off the gas if anything. Their Defensive just ran out of gas.

Totally can't blame the defense. It's just not possible to play with that kind of intensity on D for 60 minutes. Offense had to make plays.

Gotta say it - it's a curse to go up so many points early. It's a psychological roadblock that's so hard to overcome - Falcons though they had the game won for over 2 hours. Hard to keep your foot on the gas when you think the game is sealed.

JABEE

Totally can't blame the defense. It's just not possible to play with that kind of intensity on D for 60 minutes. Offense had to make plays.

Gotta say it - it's a curse to go up so many points early. It's a psychological roadblock that's so hard to overcome - Falcons though they had the game won for over 2 hours. Hard to keep your foot on the gas when you think the game is sealed.

The Chip Kelly effect from his first season with the Eagles.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

You finally reminded me what this game is closest to, the AFC title game between the Colts and Pats that the Colts won. That's what happened to the Pats in that game, only by a slightly lower point total. The Pats defense played out of their minds early on but those Colts just could not be stopped at the end.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Flacco would have bombed it to Julio every chance he got, 50% chance it ends up favoring Flacco, yeah, you're probably right.

Refs were calling stuff all night, Rowe loves drawing flags, Flacco would have had two picks but also four touchdowns to Julio.

Last chance Failcons had was on that 4th down play.

Yeah it was deep in their own territory, but they had the number one offense in the NFL by a significant margin - shoulda gone for it. They never touched the ball again after that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Last chance Failcons had was on that 4th down play.

Yeah it was deep in their own territory, but they had the number one offense in the NFL by a significant margin - shoulda gone for it. They never touched the ball again after that.

I was honestly glad it was a tie game and not a Patriots lead. I knew that if the Pats went ahead that would have been a blown coverage Matty Ice amazing drive.

Tom Penny

Falcons blew it after the Julio catch. Plain and simple. The number one goal should have been to make it a two possession game. That's fisher price football. They gave the GOAT the window and he fucked them.

Pepiope

Last eight NFL MVPs to play in a Super Bowl:

2016 Matt Ryan (Lost)
2015 Cam Newton (Lost)
2013 Peyton Manning (Lost)
2009 Peyton Manning (Lost)
2007 Tom Brady (Lost)
2005 Shaun Alexander (Lost)
2002 Rich Gannon (Lost)
2001 Kurt Warner (Lost)
This all changes when Wentz wins MVP and wins the SB next season.

Pepiope

Well that certainly won't continue to happen if Chip becomes OC in ATL.

Bread

Banned
That Edelman catch... holy shit. Just one of the all time great catches on the tying drive of the greatest comeback of all time. What a night.

Yep this is the story of the game. Falcons coaches thought they didn't need to do anything to win. They run the ball three times with an 8 point lead and they take like 1:30 off the clock and go up 11 and it is game over. Everyone will forget that the falcons coaches tripped over their own dicks. Falcons lost, pats didn't do shit to win.

Oh yeah, also, reminder: as of days ago the 49ers still planned on giving said Falcons OC their HC job.

FMT, I'm sorry

Tom Penny

Yep this is the story of the game. Falcons coaches thought they didn't need to do anything to win. They run the ball three times with an 8 point lead and they take like 1:30 off the clock and go up 11 and it is game over. Everyone will forget that the falcons coaches tripped over their own dicks. Falcons lost, pats didn't do shit to win.

bd26f91e9a37f07c3026968c2d0eba5f.jpg

Lets call a spade a spade, Brady and Belichick are the best at what they do, but it took the Falcons shooting themselves in the foot numerous times for that to happen. Congrats to the Pats for taking advantage of said opportunities that the Falcons gave them, but that's an epic choke job, pure and simple

LMAO

BRUH
The pats don't get credit because they happened to be on the other sideline for the falcons meltdown, just like they didn't get credit for the Seahawks passing when a run would have won that game. Falcons where up 28-3 and they never tried to run the clock or even hand the ball off. That was the worst coached half of a super bowl ever.

Bread

Banned
The pats don't get credit because they happened to be on the other sideline for the falcons meltdown, just like they didn't get credit for the Seahawks passing when a run would have won that game. Falcons where up 28-3 and they never tried to run the clock or even hand the ball off. That was the worst coached half of a super bowl ever.
They get credit for making an unbelievable comeback. Keep trying to deflect bruh, it's fine. They just did the impossible.

They get credit for making an unbelievable comeback. Keep trying to deflect bruh, it's fine. They just did the impossible.
It would have been impossible if the falcons understood how clocks work, or maybe don't pass every down with a 2 score lead and 8 mins left but alas.

Pepiope

All I could think about was the Eagles coming back down 31-10 and scoring 28 straight in regulation back in 2010. I knew it wasn't over :(

Im upset I was right.

MechDX

Round 1 Pick 25: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 25: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 4 Pick 24: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: John Johnson, FS, Boston College (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4: Storm Norton, OT, Toledo (B+)
Round 7 Pick 25: Hardy Nickerson, ILB, Illinois (D)

mmmmm mock drafts! I could live with this as long as they grabbed a RT in free agency

Martellus Bennett confirmed he's not going to the White House.

If Bread, Gata, and Tall are people of their word, proper respect will be paid to this hero.

Bread

Banned
I watched the game surrounded by a bar of people hating on the pats and/or rooting for the falcons. I sat there and took their shit for nearly 2 hours. This is truly the greatest sports moment of my life.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Martellus Bennett confirmed he's not going to the White House.

If Bread, Gata, and Tall are people of their word, proper respect will be paid to this hero.

He's already the only interesting Media week Patriot. Now he's a leader against Trump. I hope others follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom