• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the game surrounded by a bar of people hating on the pats and/or rooting for the falcons. I sat there and took their shit for nearly 2 hours. This is truly the greatest sports moment of my life.
At L.A. Live, Pats fans left the bar before the 2nd quarter ended.

Smh Pats fans

Beach

Still can't believe they didn't run after the Julio catch. Not only that but they hiked the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock midway through the 4th quarter.

Even Andy Reid wouldve been confused.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Priority for the offseason is to drop gostkowski asap. Dude almost cost us yet another big game, lucked out on those 2 or conversions.

So fucking happy for Bennett and long. Love when guys get the ring they were seeking.

Saw it posted before, and have said this over and over... Blount is fucking terrible. I got some crazy looks for saying I miss green Ellis, but the guy never hesitated. The early 3rd and 1 I knew blount couldn't get it, he is too slow to get going. He's not as good in those close yardage situations as people think given his size, his strength is after the pass game is cooking and the defense is spread out, then he can try to actually get his speed and go, which at that point he's tough to stop, but even when he snaps off the big ones occasionally his ypc is still awful. He reminds me of Maroney so much.

Also Malcolm Mitchell is awesome.

MechDX

Running draft simulators on two different sites there are a few common things happening between both mocks:

1) This is a deep ass draft for wide receivers
2) QB thirst is real
3) Tackles are few and far between

JABEE

Running draft simulators on two different sites there are a few common things happening between both mocks:

1) This is a deep ass draft for wide receivers
2) QB thirst is real
3) Tackles are few and far between

What simulator are you using? Could you re-post that link from earlier?

Bad news, friend. The Nazis won.

A1ZueF.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
mmmmm mock drafts! I could live with this as long as they grabbed a RT in free agency

The Lions have two solid (one Pro Bowl) offensive lineman hitting free agency. Larry Warford at Guard (who's been to the Pro Bowl) and Riley Reiff (1st round pick) who's a very solid RT. Was our LT until we drafted Taylor Decker.

It's still going to be interesting to see what the Bob Quinn does with them. For sure we're not signing one of the two but we may let both walk.

Quinn drafted 3 offensive lineman last season.

Line_HTX

I watched the game surrounded by a bar of people hating on the pats and/or rooting for the falcons. I sat there and took their shit for nearly 2 hours. This is truly the greatest sports moment of my life.

Good for you, anything else you want to say?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It felt like the falcons offense was never on the field

Even early in the game when we were losing the pats were winning the TOP. They were playing pretty solid but a bunch of sloppy plays hurt them, like Malcolm Mitchell falling down which lead to blount stuffed on 3rd and 1. Early on James White kept slipping too it was strange. Then you had drops, and of course the shitty blount fumble.

My Raiders First-Pick mock with no trades:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama (A) (BPA, can start at nickel)
Round 2 Pick 24: Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan (A-) (Can bring some interior pass rush)
Round 3 Pick 24: Anthony Walker Jr., ILB, Northwestern (B-) (Position of need, value wasn't awful)
Round 4 Pick 23: DOnta Foreman, RB, Texas (A-) (I have serious doubts about Murray being back)
Round 5 Pick 24: Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech (A+) (Skilled and shifty, great in the return game)
Round 6 Pick 24: Stevie Tuikolovatu, DT, Southern California (A) (Big, thick, run stuffer)
Round 7 Pick 24: Jake Elliott, K, Memphis (A+) (With Mack and Carr looking at massive new deals, I'm not keen on paying a kicker over four million dollars anymore.)

Wanted to find more help at RT and OLB, but no such luck. The offensive tackles in this draft suck. QB and O-line are probably what's most desired in the NFL, and this just isn't the draft for those

Bread

Banned
Thank you mech for sticking by my side during those troubling times!!!!!

Your Jimmy avatar brought a calming aura to the game and is directly responsible for the comeback.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hey guys, what if Brady and Belichick repeated exactly what they did in the 2000s where they won a Super Bowl and missed the next but went on to win the next two?

I dunno, that's a pretty cool idea to think about if you ask me.

Hey guys, what if Brady and Belichick repeated exactly what they did in the 2000s where they won a Super Bowl and missed the next but went on to win the next two?

I dunno, that's a pretty cool idea to think about if you ask me.

Brady isn't going to defy father time forever

ZeoVGM

Banned
Brady isn't going to defy father time forever

Oh, I agree. But he'll be playing the 2017-2018 season and does anyone really think he's just going to start sucking between this game and next season?

The guy defies all fucking logic.

(I want him to announce he's retiring tomorrow.)

It's not like the Patriots are invincible, as they have lost 4 out of now 9 Super Bowl games that they've been in.

The freakin' Chicago Bears beat them in Super Bowl 20. Green Bay won against them in Super Bowl 31. The NY Giants beat them twice in Super Bowl's 42 & 46.

Yet this team with a huge lead botched it all up. That should've been no excuse. It has to be the biggest choke in Super Bowl history.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's not like the Patriots are invincible, as they have lost 4 out of now 9 Super Bowl games that they've been in.

The freakin' Chicago Bears beat them in Super Bowl 20. Green Bay won against them in Super Bowl 31. The NY Giants beat them twice in Super Bowl's 42 & 46.

Yet this team with a huge lead botched it all up. That should've been no excuse. It has to be the biggest choke in Super Bowl history.

The only relevant thing you mentioned were the two loses to the Giants. Why would you mention the Pats losing in Super Bowl 20 in relation to how the team is now?

MechDX

I don't really know anything about College Football. I also made some trades that I don't think are realistic.

AzdfZ0A.png

Yeah Ill fuck around sometimes and keep trading back. aka:The Hoodie. Still using that draft game helps you to learn about late round picks and potential gems later on

Thank you mech for sticking by my side during those troubling times!!!!!

Your Jimmy avatar brought a calming aura to the game and is directly responsible for the comeback.

giphy.gif

"freaking Chicago bears"?? Dude that is the 85 Bears. Greatest defense ever in the history of the league.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Oh, I agree. But he'll be playing the 2017-2018 season and does anyone really think he's just going to start sucking between this game and next season?

I would be bummed but not surprised. He's 40, I honestly am ready for it any day now. It seemingly happened over night for Peyton. People forget that in 2014 he was playing amazing the first half, but after a quad injury he just didn't have it, ultimately getting tossed by the colts in the playoffs. It never came back the next season. Favre had arguably his best season ever at 40 then dropped off a cliff the next year as well.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I would be bummed but not surprised. He's 40, I honestly am ready for it any day now. It seemingly happened over night for Peyton. People forget that in 2014 he was playing amazing the first half, but after a quad injury he just didn't have it, ultimately getting tossed by the colts in the playoffs. It never came back the next season. Favre had arguably his best season ever at 40 then dropped off a cliff the next year as well.

That's why I want the Pats to hold onto Jimmy through next year. See how Brady feels after the 2017/2018 season and make a decision then.

squicken

Still can't believe they didn't run after the Julio catch. Not only that but they hiked the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock midway through the 4th quarter.

Even Andy Reid wouldve been confused.

Yeah, Cowardly got his name back. Moment was too big for him

I'm betting the process of who gets chosen to bring the Lombardi trophy through the players changes after Willie McGinest kept saying "Kiss this motherfucker" over and over on live TV

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm betting the process of who gets chosen to bring the Lombardi trophy through the players changes after Willie McGinest kept saying "Kiss this motherfucker" over and over on live TV

Lmao I couldn't hear this. Was hard to hear anything with all the celebration.

Excited about Cam Newton finally throwing a touchdown pass on Super Bowl Sunday?

I'm not here to talk about the past.

I can see clearly now, this anime bullshit rain is gooooone...

True to my word, I watched not a second of the Super Bowl. But I did get updates from here and Twitter. I'm not going to troll Falcons-GAF for it. I legitimately feel bad for RBH and crew after losing that game like that.

Apparently Brady said he wants to play until he's 45. So wait another 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom