• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the worst feeling. 18-1 still hurts. It never really goes away, you just learn to accept it and live with it.

I didn't wear any Pats shirts or anything referencing football for like 6 months after that loss. I was genuinely embarrassed.

At least for you guys it went away fast because of recent success. For everyone else we have to deal with this shit for god knows how long and it's terrible.

RBH just get away from football for the rest of the offseason. Then go into next season with no high hopes and just watch as a casual fan. Then by the following year if you truly love them the feeling will come back. That's how i dealt with SB 40 and 49.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It never gets better falcon bros

The good and bad news is that a Super Bowl win invalidates previous heartache.

When we won in 2010, that kinda eliminated most of my hatred for the whole Favre on the Vikings in 2009 fiasco....and the 2007 playoff choke

But yeah everything since then still hurts like a son of a bitch.

2011 collapse, Kaepernick running for a million yards twice, the Seahawk collapse, and getting shit on by Atlanta

Only loss that didn't hurt for whatever reason was Arizona. Probably because I felt like we had no business being in the playoffs after that horrible season and nothing was going to compare to 2014.

A Super Bowl win sure would be great so we could wipe all that away!

Gobias

Banned
When it hits you the kid you've been working with in class is a straight fool 🤔🤔
*i've made a huge mistake

I got a group report due this week and we haven't met yet. I ask on GroupMe two days ago when everyone wants to meet and not a response...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

That's just cruel for Falcons fans because instead of closure the more delusional ones can hang their hat on this.

Atlanta couldn't stop a nosebleed after being on the field for 50 minutes.

I got a group report due this week and we haven't met yet. I ask on GroupMe two days ago when everyone wants to meet and not a response...

It's shitty but tell your professor and let him/her know what's going on. Only so much you can do.

Sometimes you gotta CC your professor too on stuff like that to show that they're not responding. Yeah you won't win friends but it's your grade and it doesn't sound like those jokers are going to network your way into a job somewhere.

BigAT

Mark Wahlberg starting pre-production on the movie about how the entirety of New England managed to be #BostonStrong and overcome the devastating attack that was launched on them:

HhybeEB.png

I guess this is what happens when SPORTS are LIFE, which people just don't seem to understand is the case in Boston as opposed to the hobby that it is for everyone else.

Duxxy3

I'm starting to wonder if the Patriots will make an attempt to resign Logan Ryan.

edit: Played 100% of snaps last night.

Bread

Banned
Hey AT, take a seat for a second. I got something to tell you.

This super bowl has an incredible amount of meaning for us New Englanders. For any other region it would have been a fun little thing to celebrate for an hour, but forgotten immediately after. Not here. New England fans live and breath sports. There's really no one else like us in the world.

Fox318

This super bowl has an incredible amount of meaning for us New Englanders. For any other region it would have been a fun little thing to celebrate for an hour, but forgotten immediately after. Not here. New England fans live and breath sports. There's really no one else like us in the world.

you live in San Diego

Sanjuro

Mark Wahlberg starting pre-production on the movie about how the entirety of New England managed to be #BostonStrong and overcome the devastating attack that was launched on them:

HhybeEB.png

I guess this is what happens when SPORTS are LIFE, which people just don't seem to understand is the case in Boston as opposed to the hobby that it is for everyone else.

We can't all be Jag.

Tom Penny

Somebody is going to get two time SB winning QB Jimmy G. What a lucky off season for NFL teams needing a handsome clutch franchise QB.

bionic77

I am so glad I abandoned football.

Fuck the Trumps.

This is the only team in my lifetime that bums minorities out when they win because of its close association with a giant bigot, racist and fascist who is trying to ruin this country.

I did not even get to see the Switch commercial or the halftime show.

Time to switch full time to basketball. A game that is truly free!

Hindl

yeah the one in OT was insane, he was so locked in at that point. he was getting such huge pockets towards the end.

Falcons D was just gassed at the end. They were going all out and really making Brady look awful. But the offense took their foot off the brake, and once Brady got into a rhythm it was all but over. That first TD drive late in the 3rd you could see things clicking and from then on it was just a rout

BigAT

There was a child in Boston Children's Hospital that had stage 4 pediatric leukemia. Despite months of aggressive treatment, his white blood cell count had dropped to next to nothing and he was often slipping in and out of consciousness.

One morning toward the end, when he was actually awake and relatively lucid, his parents spoke to him. They told him how much they loved him and said that it was all going to be okay. Though neither one of them verbalized it, it was then and only then that they both truly accepted that their son, their only child, was going to die.

Then my boy Sully from Dorchester showed him this sick mixtape he made of Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker highlights with Dropkick playing over it. Kid was up and out of the hospital the next day. #BostonStrong

WedgeX

Banned

Fuck the Trumps.

This is the only team in my lifetime that bums minorities out when they win because of its close association with a giant bigot, racist and fascist who is trying to ruin this country.

If only animated avatars were still a thing.

SgEOiYZ.gif

Tom Penny

Fuck the Trumps.

giphy.gif

Fuck the Trumps.

The Switch abandoned us Bionic.. it backed Brady..

I don't even know what to say this morning.

I had been listening to Atlanta sports radio every day on the way to and from work over the previous two weeks, watched and read every Super Bowl-related thing I could get my hands on, just doing everything I could to soak it in. I got my schedule changed so that I could be off from work for the Super Bowl, then I worked a night shift (8pm-8am) in the ICU the night before the Super Bowl, then drove straight from the hospital to the airport in the morning and flew down to Atlanta to watch the game with my family. I was dead tired, but excited as hell at the same time to have this opportunity, and I wasn't going to miss it.

But that loss last night was the most Atlanta thing ever. Even when we were up 28-3 and some people at our Super Bowl party were proclaiming the game over, I didn't assume anything and kept my emotions in check because I know better as an Atlanta sports fan. Hell, that's a big reason why I rarely post during games.

I'm just completely spent. I've been through so many disappointments as an Atlanta sports fan over the years, but this is easily the saddest moment of all. The car ride back home was absolutely miserable. The Falcons hosts on the radio sounded like they were on the verge of tears.

This is going to hurt for a long long time.
You've got the Super Bowl Blues.

Super Bowl XLVIII will forever be burned into my mind.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm glad Pats fans were able to endure their long championship drought

You guys really overcame a lot of adversity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom