• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Switch is Texans colors
Peppers is dropping to pick 25 in recent mocks
Vrabel is the new DC

Now we just need a QB.....and the stars can align!

image.php

What a choke. The Falcons were the chosen ones. I guess the only ones that can deliver us from evil are my hometown Broncos. Let's hope they get WAY better on offense this year and protect the NFL from this taint.

bionic77

The Switch abandoned us Bionic.. it backed Brady..
I was confident before the Steelers game that we would win because we have more talent than the Pats.

But a day or two prior to the game I remembered that we won in 08 right after we backed Obama and he won the presidency. And I started to get a bad feeling that the Pats were about to be repaid for their loyalty to the fuhrer the same way we were in 08. It just felt like evil was going to have its day. Thankfully when Trump won the White House I was so depressed that it prepared for his first week, second week and his first SuperBowl win. My eyes have adjusted to the darkness now.

And I did not see most of the ads but the Switch is part of the middle finger advertising to Trump that many of us still believe in acceptance, diversity and freedom. Don't you dare try and take the Switch away from us Floy. I understand that you have suffered many L's and humiliations in your life, but don't become a bitter trumper. Abandon football and embrace the light and the Switch. We need to keep our heads held up high and play our Switch and Zelda defiantly on the rooftops with plenty of ice cubes, bj simulators and attractive people to share in the joy(two out of three will suffice if you ain't no JCB).

Bread

Banned
There was a child in Boston Children's Hospital that had stage 4 pediatric leukemia. Despite months of aggressive treatment, his white blood cell count had dropped to next to nothing and he was often slipping in and out of consciousness.

One morning toward the end, when he was actually awake and relatively lucid, his parents spoke to him. They told him how much they loved him and said that it was all going to be okay. Though neither one of them verbalized it, it was then and only then that they both truly accepted that their son, their only child, was going to die.

Then my boy Sully from Dorchester showed him this sick mixtape he made of Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker highlights with Dropkick playing over it. Kid was up and out of the hospital the next day. #BostonStrong
Want to hear something crazy?

That boy is me. Sports are my life and they saved me.

Switch is Texans colors
Peppers is dropping to pick 25 in recent mocks
Vrabel is the new DC

Now we just need a QB.....and the stars can align!
Peppers' positive is his versatility which is the same weakness.. he doesn't do one thing exceptionally well.

He can line up at LB, but TJ, Raekwon, and others are better.

He can line up at corner.. but he is not as proficient at man coverage compared to Lewis, Lattimore, and others.

Safety is where he is best at..

What a choke. The Falcons were the chosen ones. I guess the only ones that can deliver us from evil are my hometown Broncos. Let's hope they get WAY better on offense this year and protect the NFL from this taint.
They are in almost the same situation that Houston is in.. they have a solid defense, decent Oline, and good weapons overall.

They have to solve the football equivalent of the Riddle of the Sphinx which is find a QB capable of not being atrocious.

If they can do that, then they would be scary.

I was confident before the Steelers game that we would win because we have more talent than the Pats.

But a day or two prior to the game I remembered that we won in 08 right after we backed Obama and he won the presidency. And I started to get a bad feeling that the Pats were about to be repaid for their loyalty to the fuhrer the same way we were in 08. It just felt like evil was going to have its day. Thankfully when Trump won the White House I was so depressed that it prepared for his first week, second week and his first SuperBowl win. My eyes have adjusted to the darkness now.

And I did not see most of the ads but the Switch is part of the middle finger advertising to Trump that many of us still believe in acceptance, diversity and freedom. Don't you dare try and take the Switch away from us Floy. I understand that you have suffered many L's and humiliations in your life, but don't become a bitter trumper. Abandon football and embrace the light and the Switch. We need to keep our heads held up high and play our Switch and Zelda defiantly on the rooftops with plenty of ice cubes, bj simulators and attractive people to share in the joy(two out of three will suffice if you ain't no JCB).
Nintendo backed the Pats.. they didn't start coming back until the Switch commercial

ShaneB

I don't even know what to say this morning.

I had been listening to Atlanta sports radio every day on the way to and from work over the previous two weeks, watched and read every Super Bowl-related thing I could get my hands on, just doing everything I could to soak it in. I got my schedule changed so that I could be off from work for the Super Bowl, then I worked a night shift (8pm-8am) in the ICU the night before the Super Bowl, then drove straight from the hospital to the airport in the morning and flew down to Atlanta to watch the game with my family. I was dead tired, but excited as hell at the same time to have this opportunity, and I wasn't going to miss it.

But that loss last night was the most Atlanta thing ever. Even when we were up 28-3 and some people at our Super Bowl party were proclaiming the game over, I didn't assume anything and kept my emotions in check because I know better as an Atlanta sports fan. Hell, that's a big reason why I rarely post during games.

I'm just completely spent. I've been through so many disappointments as an Atlanta sports fan over the years, but this is easily the saddest moment of all. The car ride back home was absolutely miserable. The Falcons hosts on the radio sounded like they were on the verge of tears.

This is going to hurt for a long long time.

The sad side of any great sporting event generally means that one side suffered a terrible loss.

:(

Heartbreaking for all Falcons fans. Hoping for a solid bounce back season.

this_guy

So that choke job by Atlanta last night, this is a bigger choke than the Oilers and Bills in the '93 playoffs right? Who says no?

The worst thing about post-Super Bowl threads is the newly joined "fans" of the winning team who have to use the words "salt" and "tears" in every fucking post.

Tom Penny

Only AFC teams stopping the Pats next year is if Houston or Denver get QB's. Ben can't hold Brady's jockstrap so the Steelers aren't a threat with their pathetic D. Gimpy Gronk will be back too :)

They are in almost the same situation that Houston is in.. they have a solid defense, decent Oline, and good weapons overall.

They have to solve the football equivalent of the Riddle of the Sphinx which is find a QB capable of not being atrocious.

If they can do that, then they would be scary.

The Broncos have an unknown quantity on their roster. Plus I don't think Siemian was that bad this year. I'd say he was thoroughly average behind a terrible offensive line. If the Broncos could put up 24 points per game, they would probably have been 11-5 or 12-4 this year.

That's four more points per game than this year.

bionic77

Nintendo backed the Pats.. they didn't start coming back until the Switch commercial
Didn't the Trumps score like 40 unanswered points? When was this commercial and what was the turning point of the game?

I need to see some receipts Floy. Your word just ain't good enough.

Look, I am sorry BG told you that you don't got what it takes to be a JoyConBoyz. But you can still get a Switch. No one is stopping you. Don't let your bitter feelings take you down the path of Trumpism. You need to stop with these lies or else go full on Trump and start walking around with a Brady jersey, Trump hat and a dildo up your ass.

Pepiope

The worst thing about post-Super Bowl threads is the newly joined "fans" of the winning team who have to use the words "salt" and "tears" in every fucking post.
It's mind boggling just how many trump supporters are on such a liberal site like Gaffney. I'd have tears too.

Hindl

Didn't the Trumps score like 40 unanswered points? When was this commercial and what was the turning point of the game?

I need to see some receipts Floy. Your word just ain't good enough.

Look, I am sorry BG told you that you don't got what it takes to be a JoyConBoyz. But you can still get a Switch. No one is stopping you. Don't let your bitter feelings take you down the path of Trumpism. You need to stop with these lies or else go full on Trump and start walking around with a Brady jersey, Trump hat and a dildo up your ass.

Well...the Switch commercial came on in the 4th quarter, and the first play back from commercial was the Matt Ryan fumble that started turning the game around

#FinsUp

Line_HTX

Dude, shut up. Switch is a fucking lie and proved it again without a shadow of doubt.

WedgeX

Banned
Well...the Switch commercial came on in the 4th quarter, and the first play back from commercial was the Matt Ryan fumble that started turning the game around

Yeah, it coincided with Coleman getting injured and Freeman's apparent inability to passblock.

Pepiope

Only AFC teams stopping the Pats next year is if Houston or Denver get QB's. Ben can't hold Brady's jockstrap so the Steelers aren't a threat with their pathetic D. Gimpy Gronk will be back too :)
False. The Raiders would have beaten them, and the titans are on their way up as long as MM can figure out how to not get injured.

bionic77

Uh weren't the Falcons up like 28 to 3?

Don't blame the Switch guys.

The Switch did not get Trump elected. The Trump did not institute a Muslim ban. And it had nothing to do with the SuperBowl.

Fuck I am not even sure Nintendo has a NFL game planned on it (another reason it is the best).

Line_HTX

The Switch did not get Trump elected. The Trump did not institute a Muslim ban. And it had nothing to do with the SuperBowl.

Fuck I am not even sure Nintendo has a NFL game planned on it (another reason it is the best).

Yes it did. They could've bought their spot earlier in the game but no they had to choose the 4th quarter. Fucking shit hybrid needs to fucking burn.

Chase17

The switch delivered as far as I'm concerned(chart stolen from mariolinksamus)
vhmCvbPh.png

Mario soccer will probably end up being the closet football on switch haha

Vixdean

I do kinda feel bad for Falcons fans, even though I hate that team and think Matt Ryan is an irredeemable loser. No fanbase deserves to take an L like that, it's honestly a litmus test for basic human empathy.

bionic77

Yes it did. They could've bought their spot earlier in the game but no they had to choose the 4th quarter. Fucking shit hybrid needs to fucking burn.
Are all the other anti-Trump ads from Coke and whoever else is fighting back to blame as well?

Its our only hope Line. Its the only good thing happening. Don't take that from these people. The JCBs are the last thing left to us. If this falls we all fall. Do you really want to live in the United States of Trump?

Fight back my friend. Service others and get some servicing as well.

bionic77

OMG the Switch ad came out before the final part of the Falcons collapse.

The Switch and any ad from the first 50 minutes of the game must be the reason that the Trumps won!

Fuck you Coke and Budweiser!

Please. Stop distracting from the fact that the Trumps won. Pats fans want to distract us from the fact that their team is closely associated with a racist President. Don't fall for it!

Tom Penny

False. The Raiders would have beaten them, and the titans are on their way up as long as MM can figure out how to not get injured.

Meh. Only team that keeps on doing what they are doing are the Pats. You don't know what you are going to get with anyone else year to year. Healthy Tom chalk up 10+ wins. Everyone else is a grab bag.

Line_HTX

Believe in Bork
B.o.B was just doing Bill and Brady a solid by holding back Bork this season

Bork x Watt X Clowney x Watt 2

Out of all the asinine comments that I heard during the week, I think Gary Kubiak's has to take the cake, even more than Owen Daniels. Aww shucks toothpick can't throw worth a shit and will never improve.

The 2017 season is already lost because there's no good QB's available.

Tom Nook

I had been listening to Atlanta sports radio every day on the way to and from work over the previous two weeks, watched and read every Super Bowl-related thing I could get my hands on, just doing everything I could to soak it in. I got my schedule changed so that I could be off from work for the Super Bowl, then I worked a night shift (8pm-8am) in the ICU the night before the Super Bowl, then drove straight from the hospital to the airport in the morning and flew down to Atlanta to watch the game with my family. I was dead tired, but excited as hell at the same time to have this opportunity, and I wasn't going to miss it.

But that loss last night was the most Atlanta thing ever. Even when we were up 28-3 and some people at our Super Bowl party were proclaiming the game over, I didn't assume anything and kept my emotions in check because I know better as an Atlanta sports fan. Hell, that's a big reason why I rarely post during games.

I'm just completely spent. I've been through so many disappointments as an Atlanta sports fan over the years, but this is easily the saddest moment of all. The car ride back home was absolutely miserable. The Falcons hosts on the radio sounded like they were on the verge of tears.

I was wondering happened to you after the game.

So sad. I feel you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Meh. Only team that keeps on doing what they are doing are the Pats. You don't know what you are going to get with anyone else year to year. Healthy Tom chalk up 10+ wins. Everyone else is a grab bag.

They've won 12+ with some players who immediately wash out when they end up on other teams. Pats fielded some pretty weird teams 2009-2013.

MechDX

Texas Tech QB Pat Mahomes Likes Texans Possibility

Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – Texas Tech Quarterback Pat Mahomes joined In the Loop on Radio Row Friday. He's taken a look at the Texans organization and likes the possibility of landing in Houston after the coming draft. There are no guarantees for where he may end up, but he does think the Texans could be a good fit for him.

”I mean it's definitely appealing. I mean, it's definitely something where you know that you're going to have to go in and just protect the ball and if you score a couple touchdowns, you're going to win football games. The Texans have a great team. Also, I'm from Texas. I'm from Tyler, Texas, so it helps out a lot," Mahomes said.

”I think the thing that's going to wow people is the accuracy. I feel like I'm really accurate, especially when my feet are under me and I can throw on the run really accurate. I feel like that's what's really going to wow people. The arm strength I think everybody knows about, but for me it's about the accuracy and putting those balls exactly where I want them," Mahomes said.

2192148024_688d0eb741_o.gif

???????

Dega he can just "stay home"!

I was in your shoes 364 days ago. I have good news and bad news!

I'd like to end the post on a high note, so bad news first: You may have just seen your team lose the best chance it will ever have to win a championship in embarrassing fashion. Actually scratch that. You DID just see your team lose the best chance it will ever have to win a championship in embarrassing fashion. That's going to hurt. A lot. For probably as long as it takes to get back to an Owl.

But good news! Unlike last year's SB losers, you have an actual NFL offensive line, offensive weapons, and a young fast defense. Unless your GM decides to let Julio Jones walk for peanuts, you should actually be in position to contend for years. This pain now will make the actual success that much more sweeter in the future!

bionic77

I was in your shoes 364 days ago. I have good news and bad news!

I'd like to end the post on a high note, so bad news first: You may have just seen your team lose the best chance it will ever have to win a championship in embarrassing fashion. That's going to hurt. A lot. For probably as long as it takes to get back to an Owl.

But good news! Unlike last year's SB losers, you have an actual NFL offensive line, offensive weapons, and a young fast defense. Unless your GM decides to let Julio Jones walk for peanuts, you should actually be in position to contend for years. This pain now will make the actual success that much more sweeter in the future!
Nothing good happens to SB losers.

You have to take advantage when you get a shot. Its usually over before you know it.

Its the Trumps time now. Abandon football and focus on something positive like the Switch or some close equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom