• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Best Nintendo console ever.
Not sure if that is true but there is something amazing when you master a good NES game. Games have gotten so much more forgiving with each generation that you don't get that feeling anymore.

Going to be fun to get back into some of these games (Ninja Gaiden 2 was and will always be my jam).

I need to get a smaller LCD to play my games on though. It's hard for me to play these kinds of games on a 65" screen. I grew up on sub 20" screens and sat like 3 feet from them.

BigAT

Glad to see that Bread splurged on a plane ticket and was able to make it back for the parade.

C4FCA26VMAARs6Z.jpg

dave is ok

aztek is ok
How is DotA 2 if I'm new to top down MOBAs?

Thought about League but DotA 2 seems more interesting and I like the characters better.
If you want to learn easiest to hardest I would start with HOTS or LoL, but Dota has the best F2P model by far and LoL has the worst.

Tom Penny

Not sure if that is true but there is something amazing when you master a good NES game. Games have gotten so much more forgiving with each generation that you don't get that feeling anymore.

Going to be fun to get back into some of these games (Ninja Gaiden 2 was and will always be my jam).

I need to get a smaller LCD to play my games on though. It's hard for me to play these kinds of games on a 65" screen. I grew up on sub 20" screens and sat like 3 feet from them.
Beating the original Ninja Gaiden was the hardest thing I ever did in gaming. I also used to beat Contra with no deaths.

Spinluck

EDiT: So on a serious note without the Pats hate and ignoring that Brady had like 5 throws that could have been picked off that game. Where do you guys rank him?

I think he's the most accomplished ever. Yeah he can't make every throw, yeah he's lucky to have such good interior linemen, and yes he has a GOAT coach. But it will be pretty hard to match that resume. In a way the Falcons losing was kind of relieving. Made me appreciate the Pats in a weird way and I will be kind of sad when the league doesn't have a villain.

If you want to learn easiest to hardest I would start with HOTS or LoL, but Dota has the best F2P model by far and LoL has the worst.

I figured those were more accessible.

Which do you prefer between HOTS and LoL?

Futbol is easily the most corrupt of all major sports. Refs take money, players take money, teams collude with other teams to advance (and it's gonna happen again if FIFA gets their way)

If you are talking about the argentinian second league then sure
but the big daddy modern Champions League is the best tournament in the worlllllllllllllld

BigAT

If you're going to do League, you might as well do Dota. LoL really isn't that much easier to learn and the F2P system in it is terrible.

HOTS is a well put together, simpler game that I disagree with on some of their design choices, but would probably be good for someone brand new to the genre.

Greg

skip LoL

if you ever think you'll play Dota, just start that now and slowly chip away at learning

HotS won't teach you much about the gameplay required for either, but it is a fun and simple game by itself

Jarnet87

Dota is and will always be the superior Moba. They implemented some training stuff for new players, and just mute trolls and South American players. I want to live in a world where Dota is region locked.

Slo

On the list of things of which I'd endure short term suffering in exchange for long term payoff, I'd say videogames are pretty low on the list.

Tom Penny

EDiT: So on a serious note without the Pats hate and ignoring that Brady had like 5 throws that could have been picked off that game. Where do you guys rank him?

I think he's the most accomplished ever. Yeah he can't make every throw, yeah he's lucky to have such good interior linemen, and yes he has a GOAT coach. But it will be pretty hard to match that resume. In a way the Falcons losing was kind of relieving. Made me appreciate the Pats in a weird way and I will be kind of sad when the league doesn't have a villain.

You're an intelligent fellow who also has great taste in ketchup.

Fantomex

That lack of Switch got you gassed up Spin. Go play Fire Emblem now and start thinking right again.

quaX55agix-later.gif

bionic77

Beating the original Ninja Gaiden was the hardest thing I ever did in gaming. I also used to beat Contra with no deaths.
That last level in 1 and 2 is some shit.

You get in a real like zen zone when you figure it out.

But those feels when you beat it. That's some shit and its coming back in March!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom