• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert BreerVerified account
‏@AlbertBreer

Following
More
Albert Breer Retweeted Alex Marvez
Nice job on this, Alex. Falcons have an experienced in-house candidate in Raheem Morris, if they wanna flip him back from offense.

YOUNGRY IS BACK IN TOWN

DM, FIRE THE CANNONS

DMczaf

can I join?
sad.gif

Breh. You're in!

Good morning

My @sn_nfl exclusive: Richard Smith out as @AtlantaFalcons DC, DL coach Bryan Cox fired following #SuperBowl loss: https://t.co/enCe1F3wdR

Scapegoats. Not their fault the TOP was so out of whack.
Seriously..

But can't fire Shanny or really do anything to Ryan (who I'm surprised escaped criticism compared to Shanny. Freeman got hammered more in comparison.. he should've, but it's still on Ryan who is more at fault since he can't read a play clock to save his life leaving 10-20 seconds on it at times).. So into the garbage they go

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Falcons to win 4 games next season down from my previous prediction of 7 after gutting their coaching staff.

Not sure what they want their players to do after being on the field for 50 minutes in a single game? They played a monster first half but the offense never controlled the pace of the game.

Didn't Atlanta's defense get way better in the second half of the season? Shit, maybe he can replace Capers.

Tom Penny

Draft time is the best. Everyone gets to claim they are mad or happy about drafting players they know nothing about other than combine numbers and YouTube highlights

gutshot

"Insider" garbage. Can someone post the mock?

1. Cleveland - Myles Garrett, OLB/DE
2. San Francisco - DeShaun Watson, QB
3. Chicago - Jonathan Allen, DE
4. Jacksonville - Jamal Adams, S
5. Tennessee - Corey Davis, WR
6. NY Jets - Marshon Lattimore, CB
7. LA Chargers - Malik Hooker, S
8. Carolina - Leonard Fournette, RB
9. Cincinnati - Solomon Thomas, DE
10. Buffalo - Mike Williams, WR
11. New Orleans - Taco Charlton, DE
12. Cleveland - Mitch Trubisky, QB
13. Arizona - Reuben Foster, ILB
14. Philadelphia - Teez Tabor, CB
15. Indianapolis - Dalvin Cook, RB
16. Baltimore - Malik McDowell, DT
17. Washington - Jabril Peppers, S
18. Tennessee - Sidney Jones, CB
19. Tampa Bay - O.J. Howard, TE
20. Denver - Ryan Ramczyk, OT
21. Detroit - Derek Barnett, DE
22. Miami - David Njoku, TE
23. NY Giants - Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB
24. Oakland - Jarrad Davis, LB
25. Houston - Garett Bolles, OL
26. Seattle - Cam Robinson, OT
27. Kansas City - Tre'Davious White, CB
28. Dallas - Tim Williams, OLB
29. Green Bay - Alvin Kamara, RB
30. Pittsburgh - Charles Harris, OLB
31. Atlanta - Quincy Wilson, CB
32. New England - Haason Reddick, LB

Let me know if you want one of the blurbs and I can post that too.

MechDX

Why would you be interested in what McShay has to say? Your masturbatory mock drafts have as much value as reading Todd McShay on the draft.

I just like to see who is mocking who to what team. You're right though my drafts are far superior. I shall do a complete first round draft just for NFL GAF. You're welcome.

Taco Charlton is going to the Bucs BTW

bionic77

Holy crap Nintendo desperate for that blue-ocean Wii crowd.

Maybe they'll all magically come back like those imaginary rust-belt manufacturing jobs.

smh
It also launches with Zelda.

And this country was dumb enough to elect Donald Trump. The Switch is what is needed to teach these MORANS how to take care of their babies and cup the balls whilst administering services. You ain't getting that education on last gen consoles sold.

Pepiope

1. Cleveland - Myles Garrett, OLB/DE
2. San Francisco - DeShaun Watson, QB
3. Chicago - Jonathan Allen, DE
4. Jacksonville - Jamal Adams, S
5. Tennessee - Corey Davis, WR
6. NY Jets - Marshon Lattimore, CB
7. LA Chargers - Malik Hooker, S
8. Carolina - Leonard Fournette, RB
9. Cincinnati - Solomon Thomas, DE
10. Buffalo - Mike Williams, WR
11. New Orleans - Taco Charlton, DE
12. Cleveland - Mitch Trubisky, QB
13. Arizona - Reuben Foster, ILB
14. Philadelphia - Teez Tabor, CB
15. Indianapolis - Dalvin Cook, RB
16. Baltimore - Malik McDowell, DT
17. Washington - Jabril Peppers, S
18. Tennessee - Sidney Jones, CB
19. Tampa Bay - O.J. Howard, TE
20. Denver - Ryan Ramczyk, OT
21. Detroit - Derek Barnett, DE
22. Miami - David Njoku, TE
23. NY Giants - Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB
24. Oakland - Jarrad Davis, LB
25. Houston - Garett Bolles, OL
26. Seattle - Cam Robinson, OT
27. Kansas City - Tre'Davious White, CB
28. Dallas - Tim Williams, OLB
29. Green Bay - Alvin Kamara, RB
30. Pittsburgh - Charles Harris, OLB
31. Atlanta - Quincy Wilson, CB
32. New England - Haason Reddick, LB

Let me know if you want one of the blurbs and I can post that too.
I want Cook/Davis/Howard at 14/15. Howard would be a splurge, but two TE sets would be amazing. If we pass on Cook for a DB I'm not sure how I'd feel. We have no elite weapons on the offensive side of the ball.

I guess a lot still depends on what we do in FA, and supposedly howie is going to put in work again this offseason.

I want Cook/Davis/Howard at 14/15. Howard would be a splurge, but two TE sets would be amazing. If we pass on Cook for a DB I'm not sure how I'd feel. We have no elite weapons on the offensive side of the ball.

I guess a lot still depends on what we do in FA, and supposedly howie is going to put in work again this offseason.

Fuck, when will this nightmare end.

Hindl

Holy crap Nintendo desperate for that blue-ocean Wii crowd.

Maybe they'll all magically come back like those imaginary rust-belt manufacturing jobs.

smh

It's a glorified tech demo like Wii Sports and NintendoLand to show off the tech in the Joycons. Problem is the games inside 1, 2, Switch aren't fun, it's not packed in, and it's too expensive. It'll probably bomb and Nintendo will forget about the tech in a year. I was worried that Nintendo was still going down the blue ocean crowd, but so far it looks like it'll be just 1, 2, Switch, and then maybe one or two casual games like it a year. Which, fine, whatever.

Yeah, I've come around on Howard too. I'd also grab an edge rusher depending on who fell. Like I'd take Derek Barnett in a second. I didn't realize because he just had his breakout year, but Brandon Graham is gonna be 29 next year. Same with Vinny Curry, and Barwin is most likely gone. Adding Barnett into that rotation would inject some youth and help prep for the future.

Also, if Reuben Foster falls, I want him above all. Him and Hicks would set the LB corps for the future, and I'm wondering if Hicks could possibly cover the slot in nickel packages since he's not a great run-stuffer, but possibly the best coverage LB in the league. But if neither Barnett or Foster are there, I'd want Cook > Davis > Howard > CB. Celek has one more year, and Trey Burton may not be back, plus is only a TE3. Howard would be a great addition. Still, we should be able to get a great prospect no matter what.

Tom Penny

Shitty GM Bill. Goes out and wins the SB and has the 6th most cap space in league to get better and double or more space than the rest of the division. Imagine if he knew what he was doing!!!

Jarnet87

Mocking a TE to the Bucs is the thing of the moment. having watched none of OJ Howard and Njoku only suck against FSU I would still take Njoku based on UM position pedigree. Last time we took a guy that was supposed to be a size monster at TE we got the legendary ASJ, and the last time we took a complete burner at WR was the even more legendary Dexter Jackson. Haven't seen John Ross play but a big target fits Winston's skill set better.

gutshot

A shutdown corner is such a key component of any dominant defense. I don't know much about Tabor, but if they think he can be a shutdown CB, I think you definitely have to take him over a second TE or a second ILB and even a stud WR or RB.

bionic77

It's a glorified tech demo like Wii Sports and NintendoLand to show off the tech in the Joycons. Problem is the games inside 1, 2, Switch aren't fun, it's not packed in, and it's too expensive. It'll probably bomb and Nintendo will forget about the tech in a year. I was worried that Nintendo was still going down the blue ocean crowd, but so far it looks like it'll be just 1, 2, Switch, and then maybe one or two casual games like it a year. Which, fine, whatever.

Yeah, I've come around on Howard too. I'd also grab an edge rusher depending on who fell. Like I'd take Derek Barnett in a second. I didn't realize because he just had his breakout year, but Brandon Graham is gonna be 29 next year. Same with Vinny Curry, and Barwin is most likely gone. Adding Barnett into that rotation would inject some youth and help prep for the future.

Also, if Reuben Foster falls, I want him above all. Him and Hicks would set the LB corps for the future, and I'm wondering if Hicks could possibly cover the slot in nickel packages since he's not a great run-stuffer, but possibly the best coverage LB in the league. But if neither Barnett or Foster are there, I'd want Cook > Davis > Howard > CB. Celek has one more year, and Trey Burton may not be back, plus is only a TE3. Howard would be a great addition. Still, we should be able to get a great prospect no matter what.
How do you know 1,2 Switch is no good?

I bet my kids and my wife's friends love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom