• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shitty GM Bill. Goes out and wins the SB and has the 6th most cap space in league to get better and double or more space than the rest of the division. Imagine if he knew what he was doing!!!

This is such bullshit and you know it. Bill doesnt spend money. The season will start and they will still have a bunch of cap space. What he will do is he will find some terrible GM that is in totally over his head and convince him to give him a good young player at a premium position for a 4th round pick 2 years later.

Hindl

A shutdown corner is such a key component of any dominant defense. I don't know much about Tabor, but if they think he can be a shutdown CB, I think you definitely have to take him over a second TE or a second ILB and even a stud WR or RB.

The top 6 or so CBs are all first round talents (most even Top 20) in other drafts. But this class is so deep where at least some of them will fall to the 2nd. And there will be worthwhile pickups all the way into the 4th. I'd be all for taking 2 CBs in the first four rounds, but maybe not in the 1st. All of the other positions aren't as deep, and all of those players in those positions listed are playmakers that either Wentz or the D needs. Plus, if we go corner in the 1st I'd much rather go Wilson or Jones over Tabor

How do you know 1,2 Switch is no good?

I bet my kids and my wife's friends love it.

I dunno just have a feeling, there's maybe 1 or 2 of those games that look interesting. It'll probably be great for families, but Reggie himself compared it more to Wii Play than Wii Sports. And Wii Play was terrible

He was also lucky to get a starting caliber corner back from some team.

Starting caliber sounds like we get a 3rd next year

Duxxy3

The top 6 or so CBs are all first round talents (most even Top 20) in other drafts. But this class is so deep where at least some of them will fall to the 2nd. And there will be worthwhile pickups all the way into the 4th. I'd be all for taking 2 CBs in the first four rounds, but maybe not in the 1st. All of the other positions aren't as deep, and all of those players in those positions listed are playmakers that either Wentz or the D needs. Plus, if we go corner in the 1st I'd much rather go Wilson or Jones over Tabor

I dunno just have a feeling, there's maybe 1 or 2 of those games that look interesting. It'll probably be great for families, but Reggie himself compared it more to Wii Play than Wii Sports. And Wii Play was terrible

Starting caliber sounds like we get a 3rd next year

A 3rd for Rowe seems like a steal at this point.

Shitty franchise that can't handle an inch of success

I don't understand it at all. You're supposed to build off of your success. Not tear apart a team after success (unless you're the florida marlins of course).

Hindl

Rowe's a great fit for the Pats. He's good in zone, and Bill is a DB whisperer. In the Eagles scheme, there's a lot of pressure on the corners to play man and essentially be islands. Yeah there's safety help over the top, but they still need to perform 1 on 1. He wasn't a scheme fit. I'm glad he's found success, and we get a 3rd out of it. Wish it could've worked out but whatever, I'll take it

It's crazy that I can't even recall one lucky play against the Pats in any SB's. I post on GAF in Braille.

Yeah because a ball getting stuck to a guys helmet is the same type of luck as 2 teams having the games won if they simply hand the ball off and neither team doing it.

A shutdown corner is such a key component of any dominant defense. I don't know much about Tabor, but if they think he can be a shutdown CB, I think you definitely have to take him over a second TE or a second ILB and even a stud WR or RB.
Tabor is probably your typical Florida Cornerback.. Gata in all seriousness should be able to tell you more since watching Gators games will cause me to throw up watching since they can't make an offense run efficiently to save their lives.

As others have said.. this DB class is ridiculous. I agree that Dalvin Cook should be the pick since Fournette is probably gone before the Eagles which is fine since Cook is probably more versatile that Fournette as Cook has shown he can line up and be effective at WR.

Fournette is probably the best north-south runner though overall in the draft.

iaq-int1.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I don't understand it at all. You're supposed to build off of your success. Not tear apart a team after success (unless you're the florida marlins of course).

I'm actually reading that the Falcons defense greatly improved when Dan Quinn started calling the plays on D.

So....he should fire himself?

Duxxy3

Rowe's a great fit for the Pats. He's good in zone, and Bill is a DB whisperer. In the Eagles scheme, there's a lot of pressure on the corners to play man and essentially be islands. Yeah there's safety help over the top, but they still need to perform 1 on 1. He wasn't a scheme fit. I'm glad he's found success, and we get a 3rd out of it. Wish it could've worked out but whatever, I'll take it

Glad it worked out for everyone. Even when Bill was benching Rowe when we first got him (for penalties that I thought were ticky tacky), I thought he was perfect for us.

He's absolutely worth a 3rd rounder for us.

I'm actually reading that the Falcons defense greatly improved when Dan Quinn started calling the plays on D.

So....he should fire himself?

Most of the complaints should have been on the offensive side of the ball. Where they refused to run the ball in the second half after building up a monster lead. I thought the defense played their hearts out. 99 plays is just absurd. How can anybody expect a defense to sustain a high level of play after being on the field for that long?

Falcons to win 4 games next season down from my previous prediction of 7 after gutting their coaching staff.

Not sure what they want their players to do after being on the field for 50 minutes in a single game? They played a monster first half but the offense never controlled the pace of the game.

Didn't Atlanta's defense get way better in the second half of the season? Shit, maybe he can replace Capers.

I agree. A more experienced team might have been able to hold off the Pats. The falcons should have used this as a learning experience and moved forward. Instead they learned the wrong lesson and are cleaning house.

Tom Penny

Yeah because a ball getting stuck to a guys helmet is the same type of luck as 2 teams having the games won if they simply hand the ball off and neither team doing it.
The odds of a RB fumbling are higher than making that catch. What's not luck is that the Eagles suck.

The odds of a RB fumbling are higher than making that catch. What's not luck is that the Eagles suck.

Sure it is, it is incredibly bad luck to have an owner so desperate to prove that he was right to make the team accountant the GM that he holds onto him for 10 years with zero playoff wins. That is the worst fucking luck of all.

Milchjon

This is such bullshit and you know it. Bill doesnt spend money. The season will start and they will still have a bunch of cap space. What he will do is he will find some terrible GM that is in totally over his head and convince him to give him a good young player at a premium position for a 4th round pick 2 years later.

...so he's a good GM?

Duxxy3

I agree. A more experienced team might have been able to hold off the Pats. The falcons should have used this as a learning experience and moved forward. Instead they learned the wrong lesson and are cleaning house.

It's ridiculous. It's a reaction based on a single game. Pure knee jerk.

If the Falcons pull through and win, all of the people that were fired are likely looking at bigger roles. Either with the Falcons or elsewhere.

Pats are consistent as hell because of the lack of movement in the coaching staff. I think aside from the offensive line coach, it's the same staff that won two years ago. The only person they let go of last year was the offensive line coach. Who did such an obviously fucking terrible job, all year long, that he needed to be fired.

...so he's a good GM?

If taking advantage of marks is your definition of good then sure. Most teams say you have to draft well and build within to be successful but the Pats only had 27 players that they drafted on their roster:

5899c24484d68_Patriotsroster.JPG.55f00930a65fdd4aabf6ea4d818d2d39.JPG

That is a crazy number for a successful team. Bill preys on weak and stupid GM. He is also unquestionably the best at finding guys on the scrap heap that he can turn into productive players.

Duxxy3

If taking advantage of marks is your definition of good then sure. Most teams say you have to draft well and build within to be successful but the Pats only had 27 players that they drafted on their roster:

5899c24484d68_Patriotsroster.JPG.55f00930a65fdd4aabf6ea4d818d2d39.JPG

That is a crazy number for a successful team. Bill preys on weak and stupid GM. He is also unquestionably the best at finding guys on the scrap heap that he can turn into productive players.

That 2013 draft will be completely null and void in a couple months. Harmon and Ryan played themselves right into fat contracts.

Pepiope

Sure it is, it is incredibly bad luck to have an owner so desperate to prove that he was right to make the team accountant the GM that he holds onto him for 10 years with zero playoff wins. That is the worst fucking luck of all.
Howie hasn't been a GM for 10 years. Stop spreading alternative facts.

They're talking about Billy B the cheater.

Howie is an unknown as a GM. So far so good though.

I said in my original post that Bill is great at finding guys, which is clearly a part of being a GM. He isnt so good at the drafting guys part as evidenced by the Pats having so few drafted guys on their roster. If you want to say he is great at manipulating the cap that is fine, but he gets rid of guys who make money and replaces them with his scrap heap guys who make nothing. Also he gets away with paying Tom below market because of the shady shit the team does with funneling money to Brady's company. If think Bill is a much better coach then a GM but it is really hard to judge either since he has been caught cheating and no one here knows if he is still cheating or not, and what effect that it actually has on games.

Nick will not have a guy who cannot/will not recruit on his staff...

Chip recruited at Oregon, I mean I know he says he hates it but if that is what it takes to get a decent job I would think he would do it. The radio today said he was going to sit out a year so that he would be available as soon as jobs open next year.

In Eagles news:

ESPN Sources: #Eagles recently approached Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters about reducing his salary: https://t.co/frVyUa7TfY

-- Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) February 8, 2017

Wonder if they will cut him if he says no.

Chip recruited at Oregon, I mean I know he says he hates it but if that is what it takes to get a decent job I would think he would do it. The radio today said he was going to sit out a year so that he would be available as soon as jobs open next year.
Oregon also did not have powerhouse classes in comparison to Bama/Ohio State/Michigan (say what you will about Hoke, he was pretty damn good at recruiting.)/USC etc.

MechDX

Need to take a one year deal with his BFF BOB and be some shit like "offense quality assurance assistant". Him and Vrabel can have a Buddy Ryan/Kevin Gillbride moment on the sideline when Chip kills Vrables defense

Vrabel:"motherfucker what is with this 3 downs and out in 30 seconds BS??" POW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom