• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

OMG FINALLY WATCHED THE NBA FINALS

LEBRON!! CAVS!! WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

man thank god I didn't watch it live I would have gotten a heart attack at that almost layup

how the hell did golden state lose this holy shit. they had a 3-1 lead!!

lebron da king now

Pepiope

I think he was making a pun on the band Ben Folds Five

Lane is definitely the future at LT, but Peters is better, and Lane is better at RT. I don't think Jeffery + Lane at LT and Big V at RT is better than JP at LT, Lane at RT, and another receiver that's cheaper. I'm just not sure Big V is ready to be a starter. He did alright, but he needed a lot of help, and that limited what the offense could do. I think eventually he could develop into a starter, but the offense was looking unstoppable when we had the original starting lineup and JP at LT + Lane at RT. Then once Lane got suspended things fell apart. I'd rather keep JP for one more year and get a lesser WR than target Jeffery but have the OL suffer
The line was definitely better, but we still have to get rid of Kelce. I mean, ya I'd prefer not having to take a risk on a younger player, but realistically we aren't contending for a super bowl this year, and we just don't know how effective JP will be down the road. If he isn't willing to budge, I'd be perfectly fine moving on from him.

BigAT

OMG FINALLY WATCHED THE SECOND WORLD WAR

PATTON!! AMERICA!! WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

man thank god I didn't watch it live I would have gotten a heart attack at that holocaust

how the hell did germany lose this holy shit. fighting ground wars! on two fronts!!

truman da king now

Fox318

OMG FINALLY WATCHED THE ANIMU

SHINJI!! HARUHI-CHAN!! WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

man thank god I didn't watch it live I would have gotten a heart attack at that almost interception

how the hell did Trigger lose this holy shit. 25 animus! in 13 minutes!!

KyoAni da king now

alright you guys no more football talk something much bigger is happening:

Netflix has been holding an event today where it’s announcing the bulk of its upcoming programming slate. Nestled in the press release was this:
Castlevania Season 1, Part 1 Coming to Netflix in 2017

Cant fucking wait!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

SHINJI!! HARUHI-CHAN!! WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

man thank god I didn't watch it live I would have gotten a heart attack at that almost interception

KyoAni da king now

.......wat

KyoAni da king now

hQKcs7M.gif

Hindl

alright you guys no more football talk something much bigger is happening:

Cant fucking wait!

Wat? Well, it could be alright I guess

The line was definitely better, but we still have to get rid of Kelce. I mean, ya I'd prefer not having to take a risk on a younger player, but realistically we aren't contending for a super bowl this year, and we just don't know how effective JP will be down the road. If he isn't willing to budge, I'd be perfectly fine moving on from him.

Kelce getting released only improves my point. I think we're at least 3 years a way from a SB if everything falls into place (it won't), but this is a crucial year for Wentz' development. You're already replacing his center, and possibly his LG. We should want as much continuity on the OL as possible. Lane will handle LT just fine, but I think Big V needs at least another year as a backup. I think having a top tier OL is much more important for Wentz' development than a solid receiver. Especially because a top tier OL also helps the run game. I can see them cutting JP, I just don't think its a good idea to rebuild the OL all in one offseason. Keep JP one more year while Vaitai develops, plug Seumalo in at C, and draft a late round Guard and swing tackle to develop

Pepiope

Wat? Well, it could be alright I guess

Kelce getting released only improves my point. I think we're at least 3 years a way from a SB if everything falls into place (it won't), but this is a crucial year for Wentz' development. You're already replacing his center, and possibly his LG. We should want as much continuity on the OL as possible. Lane will handle LT just fine, but I think Big V needs at least another year as a backup. I think having a top tier OL is much more important for Wentz' development than a solid receiver. Especially because a top tier OL also helps the run game. I can see them cutting JP, I just don't think its a good idea to rebuild the OL all in one offseason. Keep JP one more year while Vaitai develops, plug Seumalo in at C, and draft a late round Guard and swing tackle to develop
I mean, every team could be 3 years away from success. 3 years is a long time in the NFL. The Browns could win it all 3 years from now. I get not wanting to ruin the chemistry of the line, but does it really matter when the line sucked for the majority of the year anyway? Replacing Kelce will upgrade the C position. He was bad, Wentz could barely step into a pocket last season. I want to keep JP too, but with his unwillingness to move anywhere else on the line, his age, and his salary, he may just have to be released if he isn't budging on money.

I don't think you remember the few times last season where the line would actually hold up and Wentz would have no one to throw to. We have no weapons. Given that we have Lane, and given the drastic improvement from Big V when he was slotted at RT, JP may be a luxury we can no longer afford. There are guys behind him who are capable of doing the job, and doing it well. I'm just saying I'm not willing to pass up a guy like Jeffrey, or be forced to part ways with a guy like Logan just to keep a player on the roster who will not help us win a Super Bowl.

squicken

I hope Philly cuts Peters. I want MIN to play olds roulette with he and Whitworth and hope they can get 16 games there while they bring along a rookie at RT

In the last 5 years they have drafted as many as anyone, but almost all in the late rounds. Don't know if it a development issue or they draft guys with no talent, but it's been almost all misses

Well now that they have the elite QB in place, no excuses not to go big on bringing in help on the OL. Free agency and the draft. Load the fuck up.

MechDX

Round 1 Pick 1 (1) (CLE) Texans: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Round 1 Pick 2 (2) 49ers: Jonathan Allen, DT/DT, Alabama
Round 1 Pick 3 (3) Bears: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
Round 1 Pick 4 (4) Jaguars: Jabrill Peppers, SS/OLB, Michigan
Round 1 Pick 5 (5) Titans: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
Round 1 Pick 6 (6) Jets: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
Round 1 Pick 7 (7) Chargers: Malik Hooker, FS/SS, Ohio State
Round 1 Pick 8 (8) Panthers: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU
Round 1 Pick 9 (9) Bengals: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
Round 1 Pick 10 (10) Bills: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
Round 1 Pick 11 (11) Saints: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
Round 1 Pick 12 (12) Browns: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
Round 1 Pick 13 (13) Cardinals: Zach Cunningham, OLB/ILB, Vanderbilt
Round 1 Pick 14 (14) Colts: Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple
Round 1 Pick 15 (15) Eagles: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Round 1 Pick 16 (16) Ravens: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Round 1 Pick 17 (17) Redskins: Desmond King, CB/CB, Iowa
Round 1 Pick 18 (18) Titans: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
Round 1 Pick 19 (19) Buccaneers: John Ross, WR, Washington
Round 1 Pick 20 (20) Broncos: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
Round 1 Pick 21 (21) Lions: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
Round 1 Pick 22 (22) Dolphins: Malik McDowell, DT/DE, Michigan State
Round 1 Pick 23 (23) Giants: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
Round 1 Pick 24 (24) (OAK) Steelers: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
Round 1 Pick 25 (25) (HOU) Browns: Tim Williams, OLB/DE, Alabama
Round 1 Pick 26 (26) Seahawks: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 1 Pick 27 (27) Chiefs: Raekwon McMillan, ILB/OLB, Ohio State
Round 1 Pick 28 (28) Cowboys: TreDavious White, CB, LSU
Round 1 Pick 29 (29) Packers: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
Round 1 Pick 30 (30) (PITT) Raiders: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
Round 1 Pick 31 (31) Falcons: Budda Baker, FS, Washington
Round 1 Pick 32 (32) Patriots: Forrest Lamp, OG/OT, Western Kentuck

Said fuck it! No one is allowed to have a QB! Cost me 3 number one picks but oh well

EDIT: Got Kizer with my second round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom