• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
LOL that's never happening. The celebration of Skyrim on it to me was so surreal... You're celebrating a port of fucking Skyrim? Nintendo is so out of touch.

It's the Wii U all over again with super late ports of Batman and Mass Effect

Hell their whole launch lineup is 90% shit that I've owned on Steam for a year or two.

It's basically:

Bomberman
Zelda
1-2 Switch

That's really it

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Hell their whole launch lineup is 90% shit that I've owned on Steam for a year or two.

It's basically:

Bomberman
Zelda
1-2 Switch

That's really it

Skyrim should have been at launch but people are severely underestimating what a good portable port of Skyrim could do. It's a very popular title. The only other super late port they need is GTA V.

LOL that's never happening. The celebration of Skyrim on it to me was so surreal... You're celebrating a port of fucking Skyrim? Nintendo is so out of touch.

Celebration of Skyrim period is surreal. Shit animations after all these years, and for sure it's going to be buggy as shit. Bethesda only dumped it to grind it for more money anyway.

Skyrim is not a game people are begging to play on the go. If Nintendo wanted praise for a game that's been out forever that would be fun to play on the go they should have gotten a Hearthstone port.

cdyhybrid

Celebration of Skyrim period is surreal. Shit animations after all these years, and for sure it's going to be buggy as shit. Bethesda only dumped it to grind it for more money anyway.

Skyrim is not a game people are begging to play on the go. If Nintendo wanted praise for a game that's been out forever that would be fun to play on the go they should have gotten a Hearthstone port.
Modded Skyrim is great.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

It's basically:

Bomberman
Zelda
1-2 Switch

That's really it

From what I've read, not only are they giving you ports of these games... they're charging you full price for them!

This is what nintendo has done to themselves. Their fifa port being the ps3/360 port is hilarious to me. What an absolute joke.

I made my prediction in here earlier that switch was nintendos return to form, I really believed they had something here despite the rumors. I was completely and totally wrong. The online platform, the "igc" with the fucking rentals of 30 year old games for a month, the battery life, the "online app", the lineup, the 3rd party, the prices of everything from the docks to the controllers. The single most telling thing though? When they were asked how their platform would compare to live or psn... and they respond with "we've never used it". That's nintendo in a nutshell. They live in their own universe.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm like 75% sure I'm going to cancel my Switch preorder and just get Zelda on Wii U.

I'll still get a Switch but not until Mario comes out

bionic77

Y'all need to buy good third party games for the Switch so we get good support.
I will get sniperclips. Looks like the perfect game to play with the women (which is convenient because they flock to JoyCons like).

Will also buy any decent 2D platformers, which I hope there are many of.

squicken

C4L9YCSWAAAx0QT.jpg

Oak is still the toughest motherfucker around. He can still go.

Did they say what brought that on?

BigAT

That's a pretty fucked up PR statement by the Knicks. I have no idea what happened.

Reads like it was hastily written by a bitter, pissy James Dolan.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4L9YCSWAAAx0QT.jpg[IMG]

Did they say what brought that on?[/QUOTE]

He's been very critical of the Knicks management for a while, deservedly so. It looks like security came over and confronted him for whatever reason and eventually it got physical. Best as I can tell a security guard grabbed Oakley's arm and it quickly escalated from there.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
ARE TOM BRADY AND THE PATRIOTS CIRCUMVENTING THE SALARY CAP?

[IG]http://media.giphy.com/media/YPIrsRqqO7oB2/giphy.gif[/IMG]

LMAO this is the saddest attempt yet. This is why people say it's ridiculous.

First off they mention it right in the fucking thread, dirk and tim duncan took monster paycuts. Yes they were in their twilight, which was tom not? Tim duncans per 36 was the same as always, meanwhile tom was on a yearly decline fast approaching 40? but more the reason to take the cut knowing that teams would've paid them double what they took (especially dirk who cuban has screwed over after dirk showing his faith in him)

Kraft has done basically the same thing anyways, because part of the reason tom took the cut was to retain welker and yet he let him walk anyways.

edit- they utilized all that circumvented space great this season by letting go of jamie collins for nothing, retaining dominique easley, retaining chandler jones, bringing in the almighty elite chris hogan, and trading for a rental of martellus bennett. Really loaded up in this one. Not to mention going with cast offs shea mclellin, kyle van noy, and 5th round rookie elandon roberts as a significant part of their defense.

bionic77

Man you Trumpers are weird.

Calling the news fake and then asking for a monarchy?

This is why football is wrong. While our boy Steph is standing tall.

From what I've read, not only are they giving you ports of these games... they're charging you full price for them!

This is what nintendo has done to themselves. Their fifa port being the ps3/360 port is hilarious to me. What an absolute joke.

I made my prediction in here earlier that switch was nintendos return to form, I really believed they had something here despite the rumors. I was completely and totally wrong. The online platform, the "igc" with the fucking rentals of 30 year old games for a month, the battery life, the "online app", the lineup, the 3rd party, the prices of everything from the docks to the controllers. The single most telling thing though? When they were asked how their platform would compare to live or psn... and they respond with "we've never used it". That's nintendo in a nutshell. They live in their own universe.

I think I said this to you before but Nintendo competing with Sony and Microsoft as a third power console is never going to happen.

Neogaf doesn't get it but the killer app for this console is 1, 2 Switch, not Zelda. 3rd party games on this console are a non starter - the titles that these 3rd parties make do not match with what Nintendo consoles are and likely never will again.

We are upstanding liberal citizens who are against Trump.

Oh I was just saying "Poor PatsGAF" because it had just sunk in that 90% of yall will vanish without even a "Welp" the second Brady and Belichick (and yes, I said "and" because those dominoes ain't falling 5 years apart) finally take the L to Time and bolt

We've gotta appreciate you all better while you're here. Thank you and Gata for denouncing Trump, I'll miss you both most

foppy79

TIL I share a birthday with Julio Jones. Image wining the owl and having the parade on your B-day. Sigh...

The dark age will come for New England soon enough, they aint getting a 3rd QB in a row.
Sure they will. Jimmy G probably isn't going anywhere.
But they will never even breath in the direction of a coach as good as belichick once he's gone

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think I said this to you before but Nintendo competing with Sony and Microsoft as a third power console is never going to happen.

Neogaf doesn't get it but the killer app for this console is 1, 2 Switch, not Zelda. 3rd party games on this console are a non starter - the titles that these 3rd parties make do not match with what Nintendo consoles are and likely never will again.

Oh I totally see that now. I'll be honest I thought that BEFORE the switch, and around the time of "project neo" rumors there were also rumblings about switch not garnering any significant attention at all from devs. I don't know what happened though, but at some point when I saw them sort of consolidating everything in terms of their studios from handhelds all into console/handheld hybrid, I really thought they'd be able to set the console world on fire and gain back 3rd party. I was incredibly dumb to think that in retrospect, because once it was fully unveiled I was like... "yep, that's definitely a nintendo console". It's too bad because I really do think if they had done it right they could've got their mobile market, their handheld market, their first party which is arguably the best, and now 3rd party all into the mix to make it a return to form. At the end of the day they honestly have no idea what they're doing. They have no feel for where the market really is at.

edit- as to the last comment about the market, that's not to say they don't know how to make money... which they do. They just have no feel for the console market and haven't in years.

Oh I totally see that now. I'll be honest I thought that BEFORE the switch, and around the time of "project neo" rumors there were also rumblings about switch not garnering any significant attention at all from devs. I don't know what happened though, but at some point when I saw them sort of consolidating everything in terms of their studios from handhelds all into console/handheld hybrid, I really thought they'd be able to set the console world on fire and gain back 3rd party. I was incredibly dumb to think that in retrospect, because once it was fully unveiled I was like... "yep, that's definitely a nintendo console". It's too bad because I really do think if they had done it right they could've got their mobile market, their handheld market, their first party which is arguably the best, and now 3rd party all into the mix to make it a return to form. At the end of the day they honestly have no idea what they're doing. They have no feel for where the market really is at.

edit- as to the last comment about the market, that's not to say they don't know how to make money... which they do. They just have no feel for the console market and haven't in years.

Super Nintendo is never happening again under a Nintendo banner, man, let it go.

We have not one, but two consoles who fill that need (actually just one, absolutely no reason to buy an Xbox One unless you diehard for a Halo release every two weeks or are an 'Amerucuh Fuck Yeah' Trump supporter.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Super Nintendo is never happening again under a Nintendo banner, man, let it go.

We have not one, but two consoles who fill that need (actually just one, absolutely no reason to buy an Xbox One unless you diehard for a Halo release every two weeks or are an 'Amerucuh Fuck Yeah' Trump supporter.

Yeah I know that, and tbh I'm not even really a nintendo fan. I'm a big sony fanboy, but I still like most enjoy a lot of nintendos IPs. I feel like if they keep going on this path however, they are in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom