• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

The two Buffalo games are mandatory starts for Tom and Bill hate Buffalo with a fiery anger. Why do they have Buffalo so? Bills fans will shed a tear joy when those two retire.

The two Buffalo games are mandatory starts for Tom and Bill hate Buffalo with a fiery anger. Why do they have Buffalo so? Bills fans will shed a tear joy when those two retire.

I wonder who hates Brady and Belichick more. Buffalo or the Jets.

No coincidence that piece of shit rex ryan coached both

Hindl

Kind of funny that the Pats have a pretty good chance of repeating next year.

I honestly don't see who's challenging them in the AFC unless the Texans get a QB. And then it's just one game against an NFC team, all of which have flaws that probably won't be fixed in an offseason

bionic77

Only losers and racists watch Trumpball.

Why settle for that when you can get the chance to join the JoyConBoyz this March? All non-Trumpers welcome! We gots the best shit!

We gots Zeldas!

We gots bitches!

We gots the Street Fighters!

We doing it on the rooftops with ice cubes!

bionic77

Brehs that Infinity War hype clip...

Take my money Marvel. Take it all.
The only Marvel movies I have seen that are actually good are the last two Captain America movies and Guardians.

i have not seen AntMan or Deadpool. I will watch Deadpool one of these days because I heard good things.

If Infinity Wars is just more Avengers crap then screw that.

cdyhybrid

The only Marvel movies I have seen that are actually good are the last two Captain America movies and Guardians.

i have not seen AntMan or Deadpool. I will watch Deadpool one of these days because I heard good things.

If Infinity Wars is just more Avengers crap then screw that.

Infinity War is the cast of Cap 3: Civil War (i.e. almost everyone) teaming up with the Guardians.

BigAT

#teamSanjuro

YfedKjpr.jpg

bionic77

Infinity War is the cast of Cap 3: Civil War (i.e. almost everyone) teaming up with the Guardians.
That seems like a lame movie to me.

Cap 2 is a spy movie. Guardians is a cheap Star Wars/Indiana Jones ripoff. Cap 3 was a breakup movie.

The movies that are only about a bunch of superheroes teaming up against a super bad guy are boring.

I like the superhero movies disguised as some other shit.

I will still watch it though. Something to bide the time until Star Wars takes us home.

cdyhybrid

You people are the worst.

But yeah, this is going to be an amazing year for movies. Three Marvel movies, Star Wars, Fast 8, Logan, Pirates, John Wick 2...

bionic77

You people are the worst.

But yeah, this is going to be an amazing year for movies. Three Marvel movies, Star Wars, Fast 8, Logan, Pirates, John Wick 2...
:lol @ putting Logan and Pirates with the other movies.

Not even sure Fast belongs there without Paul Walker.

That seems like a lame movie to me.

Cap 2 is a spy movie. Guardians is a cheap Star Wars/Indiana Jones ripoff. Cap 3 was a breakup movie.

The movies that are only about a bunch of superheroes teaming up against a super bad guy are boring.

I like the superhero movies disguised as some other shit.

I will still watch it though. Something to bide the time until Star Wars takes us home.
^^^ agreed

Spinluck

Winning 3 out of 4 twice, 10 years apart would be insane

Well, I mean.

Anyone in the AFC you worried about facing atm? lol

I honestly don't see who's challenging them in the AFC unless the Texans get a QB. And then it's just one game against an NFC team, all of which have flaws that probably won't be fixed in an offseason

I think we have a pretty good chance at being contender in like 2-3 years. By then the Pats might already have theirs.

Another year of damage from Pagano, and hoping that Ballard is the real deal and can knock 2 years of drafting and free agency out the park.

Luck is coming off his best year but just had shoulder surgery, so this next season will be telling.

The league is in such a shitty place QB wise. Steelers were the team that people had their eye on but they aren't shit when it comes to playing the Pats. I think we would've faired better against the Pats if we didn't have a coach that Belichick could outwit in his sleep.

Hindl

Well, I mean.

Anyone in the AFC you worried about facing atm? lol

I think we have a pretty good chance at being contender in like 2-3 years. By then the Pats might already have theirs.

Another year of damage from Pagano, and hoping that Ballard is the real deal and can knock 2 years of drafting and free agency out the park.

Luck is coming off his best year but just had shoulder surgery, so this next season will be telling.

The league is in such a shitty place QB wise. Steelers were the team that people had their eye on but they aren't shit when it comes to playing the Pats. I think we would've faired better against the Pats if we didn't have a coach that Belichick could outwit in his sleep.

Oh yeah I think the league in general is gonna be a lot better in 2-3 years. Carr, Mariota, Winston, Wentz, Dak will all be growing and starting their primes, and Luck, Russell, Cam, etc. will still be in their primes, while Rodgers will still be able to go. Assuming the OL situation gets figured out I think the product is going to improve. But for the next year or so? Where a ton of teams need a few more pieces, the young QBs are still growing, and the old QBs except Brady are all nearing retirement? Gonna be pretty dark times.

And all the young QB stuff assumes those teams do at least decently well in FA/offseason, which who knows

So many people claiming they want Trump impeached. Pence would be far worse. All of the laws people hate, PLUS none of the laws that Democrats agree with in any incarnation.

Hindl

So many people claiming they want Trump impeached. Pence would be far worse. All of the laws people hate, PLUS none of the laws that Democrats agree with.

Plus Pence is competent. Trump has shown he can't get anything done and is in way over his head. Shit will be bad but he'll mostly be useless. Pence would get shit done

Tall4Life

The Raiders are still expected to be great next season, right? I could see them stealing the AFC from the Pats if we get a bad draw with free agents and the draft.

Trump being impeached would throw the party in dissaray, which would be very helpful for 2018.

How? Pence is a career Republican and Ryan is speaker of the house.

They'd force Trump out and nobody else (maybe Bannon to save face) and still control all 3 branches. The Democrats in their current incarnation are in absolutely no condition to challenge them. They're losers.

They'd force Trump out and nobody else (maybe Bannon to save face) and still control all 3 branches. The Democrats in their current incarnation are in absolutely no condition to challenge them. They're losers.

The "swamp drainer" idiots who voted for him will go ape shit, and people like Pence won't be able to rein them in. Especially if there is any appearance that they forced Trump out. He's not going quietly.

Plus Pence is competent. Trump has shown he can't get anything done and is in way over his head. Shit will be bad but he'll mostly be useless. Pence would get shit done

It's complicated.

Example: Do you want a guy who might do more executive orders than is currently being done, but who you also know has thicker skin and won't ever even consider using the nukes, especially on someone insulting him on Twitter?

They won't do it until/unless Trump loses all utility to them though. That's a lot of political capital for the GOP to burn with its base right now (Trump is hated to the point of rage-blinders by the left, but not the right), they'll wait until he screws up at some next level, and then it'll turn into a madhouse...

I think it'll be after 2018, though. Hard to break when you have no pressure from the incompetent opposition.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm convinced Mike Pence is a robot. I saw an interview with him on Hannity (don't ask) a few days ago and he responded to an immigrant question:

"Sean, my Presi-....my Father was an immigrant."

He has no personality, and if he does, he refuses to show it for his own political benefit.

Hindl

It's complicated.

Example: Do you want a guy who might do more executive orders than is currently being done, but who you also know has thicker skin and won't ever even consider using the nukes, especially on someone insulting him on Twitter?

Yeah the nukes makes things complicated. I wish that resolution to take control of the arsenal away from him passed

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Barry knows best: Detroit Lions need better run game

The Detroit Lions haven’t finished in the top half of the NFL in rushing in almost two decades, and the man at the center of the offense the last time they did says it’s time for that to change.

Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders, speaking at Super Bowl LI last week, said “it’s key” for the Lions to improve their running game heading into the 2017 season.

“But just because you have a draft doesn’t mean you have a guy,” Sanders said. “And so it takes some homework to (find) those guys out there doing what you need them to do running the ball, whether it’s a free agent or someone in the draft. I couldn’t tell you who that guy is. I don’t know, but I’m sure they’re putting their minds to it.”

The Lions finished 30th in the NFL in rushing this season but actually averaged fewer yards per game (81.9) than they did when they ranked last in the NFL in 2015 (83.4).

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/02/10/barry-sanders-detroit-lions/97741660/

Theo Riddick is probably the best RB in the league in terms of pass catching ability and what he does for the passing game. But he is a terrible RB when running the ball out of the backfield. When he got hurt around Week 12 not having Riddick really hurt our offense overall though.

Ameer Abdullah has shown glimpses of being the guy at RB but he can't stay healthy past Week 2. He can be that guy to get us 4-5 YPC but can he stay healthy?

Bob Quinn has shown faith in them but no doubt he'll be looking at another RB. Maybe LeVeon Bell in free agency? If not we have to draft a RB somewhere in the first four rounds of the draft.

The "swamp drainer" idiots who voted for him will go ape shit, and people like Pence won't be able to rein them in. Especially if there is any appearance that they forced Trump out. He's not going quietly.
I suppose but the worst they'll do is not vote. Again, democrats have not proven they can win and they have zero leadership.

They won't do it until/unless Trump loses all utility to them though. That's a lot of political capital for the GOP to burn with its base right now (Trump is hated to the point of rage-blinders by the left, but not the right), they'll wait until he screws up at some next level, and then it'll turn into a madhouse...

I think it'll be after 2018, though. Hard to break when you have no pressure from the incompetent opposition.

I honestly don't think Trump will last that long. He's already flailing and it hasn't been a month.

I suppose but the worst they'll do is not vote. Again, democrats have not proven they can win and they have zero leadership.

I honestly don't think Trump will last that long. He's already flailing and it hasn't been a month.
I could see him getting fed up with things and quitting. But will his pride let him?

Feel like he'll just hand progressively more over to Pence, all the while running around like a doofus (aka more of the same)

I do not think he will run for re-election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom