• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

This depresses me. :(

I would literally cut off one of my nuts for a damn QB
It's the main reason franchises don't succeed in the NFL.

QBs are too important and they're too hard to evaluate. You can build a team to try and minimize the QB's contribution to your chances of winning, but the league rules are working against you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's the main reason franchises don't succeed in the NFL.

QBs are too important and they're too hard to evaluate. You can build a team to try and minimize the QB's contribution to your chances of winning, but the league rules are working against you.

It took teams with nearly historic defenses to win without a good QB. The 2015 Bronocos and the 2000 Ravens.

Duxxy3

Not everyone is a god when they first start playing QB in the NFL.

You can always see hints of what a player will be in the pre-season and in limited time.

Jimmy makes quick decisions and is very accurate. But, you can also tell that he is fragile. He has Romo syndrome. He looks amazing, and then gets destroyed because he doesn't protect himself enough.

Pre-season of 2015 there were hints of Trey Flowers ability as well. This year we saw even more. Next year I think he's going to have a big year, and probably play his way out of town. I think he could be a more complete player than Chandler Jones.

I have yet to see anything from Brissett that catches my eye, other than what I already mentioned. Right now, the game is too fast for him. Maybe with time it will slow down for him. Or the offense will be tuned for him.

MechDX

Dianna RussiniVerified account
‏@diannaESPN

My driver told me he had a "very successful NFL executive" tell him Tony Romo will be on the Jets. Not sure if I should tip him more or less

Congrats Fox you did it! Someone get Chris a jets jersey

MechDX

Bears almost did it in 2006 too!

They had a QB though!
sexy_20rexy_20front.jpg

How many more games do the Jets win if they have Romo at the start of the year compared to Petty or Hack or whoever else they run out there? I cant imagine Romo lasting a full year there, and the rest of the team isnt good enough anyways to compete. What an odd move that would be.

Jarnet87

How many more games do the Jets win if they have Romo at the start of the year compared to Petty or Hack or whoever else they run out there? I cant imagine Romo lasting a full year there, and the rest of the team isnt good enough anyways to compete. What an odd move that would be.

In a hypothetical universe where Romo can last a whole season, between 8 and 10.

Jarnet87

You honestly believe that Romo is worth 10 wins now?

On the Jets yes. They have good offensive weapons and I think that offensive line doesn't look as terrible with an above average quarterback. I also think that their defense isn't a complete joke if they are competitive or actually leading in games lol. Looked up a stat and not sure if this correct but the Jets were 30th in game time leading, and 31st in game time trailing.

On the Jets yes. They have good offensive weapons and I think that offensive line doesn't look as terrible with an above average quarterback. I also think that their defense isn't a complete joke if they are competitive or actually leading in games lol. Looked up a stat and not sure if this correct but the Jets were 30th in game time leading, and 31st in game time trailing.

The Jets went 5-11 this year. Lets say for the sake of argument that Fitzmagic was worth 2 more wins then whatever other QB they could have thrown in would be, that means they would have to go 13-3 at worst with Romo for him to be worth 10 wins. I just dont see how that is possible, but if it is they should trade their entire draft to get him. They would go from last place to number 1 seed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jets are only ahead of the 49ers in roster strength. Their OL is a total mess and they can't play corner. They might cut one or both of their good receivers. Their QB situation is the worst in the league.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Houston is right there with them

Browns aren't much better.

I'd still take Hossweiler and Savage over what the Jets have. Pissy Fitzmagic will just give the ball over to the other team. Hossweiler at least tries to pass it to his teammates.

Playing for his job Fitzmagic is the best Jets QB in history though. One of the better Texans QBs, a solid Bills QB. So I expect him to be great in 2017 for whomever picks him up.

Jarnet87

My bad lol, I thought you said how many wins do the Jets get if Romo was their qb this past season, which I replied 8-10. But maybe there is an improvement beyond that in this magical realm of healthy Romo. They were a 9-7 side going into the year so maybe Romo adds 2 or 3 more wins? They go from a 9-7 side to a 11-12 win side.

Bread

Banned
The Jets went 5-11 this year. Lets say for the sake of argument that Fitzmagic was worth 2 more wins then whatever other QB they could have thrown in would be, that means they would have to go 13-3 at worst with Romo for him to be worth 10 wins. I just dont see how that is possible, but if it is they should trade their entire draft to get him. They would go from last place to number 1 seed.
You asked how many they would have won with Romo and he said 8-10

go drink some coffee yh

Bread

Banned
I said how many more games do they win if they have Romo this year. If Romo gets them to 8 wins instead of 5 then he is definitely not worth getting.
Yeah, exactly, you just said that. He’s quoting you. It’s your words. He’s using your words when you used the words and he uses them back, it’s circular using of the word and that’s from you.

Yeah, exactly, you just said that. He’s quoting you. It’s your words. He’s using your words when you used the words and he uses them back, it’s circular using of the word and that’s from you.

Are you feeling okay? I am super confused right now. Anyway I think we all do agree that the Jets trading for Romo is not a good idea. Which means they will probably do it.

MechDX

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...tvdzc0l?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Romo's reported top choice as a landing spot, Denver, isn't inclined to trade for the QB and take on his contract. But the Broncos reportedly would consider signing Romo as a free agent. Imagine that.

So the Cowboys likely can't trade Romo to his most-desired team. They can't trade him to the Cardinals, either, because quarterback Carson Palmer announced his return for 2017.

That leaves the Chiefs as the best team with reported interest in trading for Romo. If other QB-needy clubs such as the Bills, Browns, Bears, Texans, Jets and 49ers wanted to trade for Romo, they would not fit his "contender" criteria.

Romo doesnt want to play for my/Yankees/Dutch/Breads Texans because they are not contenders. Let me cry myself to sleep....

Has romo suffered a bunch of head injuries? Texans with no QB hung with the pats for 3 quarters. That would be the best possible spot for a QB to go.

MechDX

Has romo suffered a bunch of head injuries? Texans with no QB hung with the pats for 3 quarters. That would be the best possible spot for a QB to go.

Exactly. I havent seen anything about this "Romo's criteria" and thinking this is the writer pulling shit out of his ass. If any random good to great QB got released in the next few weeks, hypothetically, I couldnt see one of them not eyeing Houston as a preferred destination right now.

Personally I am far from saying get Romo.

LMFAO

Rotoworld said:
Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said K Roberto Aguayo "needs to have a great camp" to make the team.

"We will do everything we can to bring in the best competition at that position," said Licht. "I think Dirk [Koetter] even said he’s not locked into this roster." Aguayo is on notice after making just 71 percent of his kicks as a rookie last season. Pewter Report's Scott Reynolds suggests the Bucs could bring in Steven Hauschka to compete with Aguayo this summer. Hauschka is an impending free agent and probably won't be back with the Seahawks, who just signed former Vikings kicker Blair Walsh to a new deal.

Mindlog

Aint worried bout nothin.

Weekend!

Wait, what the fuck? Damn it GAF. Who doesn't tip their barber?
I typically tip my barber 50-75%. Although... I tip stylists probably at half that rate...

bionic77

Fuck working 60 hour weeks.

Will probably work this weekend too.

Oh well. At least I convinced my wife to buy used for her next car. My sisters and her family had her brainwashed to get a new car when we had the twins. Kids must have thrown up in that car at least 3 time each. No car is going to stay nice with little kids.

I swear that I will lose it if Amazon fucks up my Switch pre-order.

Its all I have left! The Trumps took everything else we love in this country. Our freedom, football and videogames. :(

MechDX

Oh well. At least I convinced my wife to buy used for her next car. My sisters and her family had her brainwashed to get a new car when we had the twins. Kids must have thrown up in that car at least 3 time each. No car is going to stay nice with little kids.

Its all I have left! The Trumps took everything else we love in this country. Our freedom, football and videogames. :(

you should cheer yourself up. Go out and buy a new rug this weekend.

You still have your prized vial of Magic Johnson's sperm, no facist or cheaters can take that away from you!

Weekend!
giphy.gif

Is it FA and draft yet? -_-
So apparently Myles Garrett made a video plea for the Cowboys to trade up and draft him.

Not the smartest move.
You're too young to be getting tricked by fake news! Don't be a mech!

Mark Berman‏ @MarkBermanFox26
.@AggieFootball DE Myles Garrett would love to play for the @Browns.
0:29
https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/829871990379053059
If I'm him, I make a video plea to 31 teams to trade up to draft me and save me from the Browns.
Wow if it wasn't for Floy I'd drop you down in Browns gaf rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom