• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tall4Life

Live in Ohio but root for the Pats? <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:80% 10%;background-size:4100%" title="thinking_face"></span></span>

I was born in Vermont and then lived in Maine for 10 years until I moved to Ohio. NE for life baby.

Lamp is considered one of the best o line prospects in this draft and can play either G or OT. So nobody actually follows draft eligible players?

Naw. In this scenario they gave up a 2nd round pick for Osweiler. Tannehill was bitch made after the trade as per the course

That's nice except we are in dire need of literally an position on defense, LB, DT, DE, CB, S>G.

Right? Obviously they're going to take a QB

You can never have too many great QBs,

MechDX

BG! BG! I did it!

1: R1P1
EDGE MYLES GARRETT
TEXAS A&M
12: R1P12
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
33: R2P1
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA
52: R2P20
CB TREDAVIOUS WHITE
LSU
65: R3P1
C PAT ELFLEIN
OHIO STATE
106: R4P1
TE BUCKY HODGES
VIRGINIA TECH
141: R4P36
RB SAMAJE PERINE
OKLAHOMA
146: R5P1
LB JAVANCY JONES
GEORGIA SOUTHERN
176: R5P31
OT CHAD WHEELER
USC
180: R5P35
LB DUKE RILEY
LSU
186: R6P1
G KYLE KALIS
MICHIGAN

I got you fam!

Hindl

why is that guys opinions of games so valued?

are his opinions and tastes that good?

He's just been doing it forever and is a really respected voice in the industry. And he's shown over and over to have integrity and be able to objectively (or as possible as that is) review games without getting sucked into the hype. 8.8 Twilight Princess was him. He got fired from Gamespot because he gave a game a bad score while that game's publisher was paying ad dollars to Gamespot, and refused to change the score.

Granted, he's got some out there game opinions, like GTA IV is an incredible game with a story that'll move you to tears, Yoshi's Island is dogshit, didn't enjoy the Last of US at all, and others. So it's not like his opinion is the word of god, but he's very respected within the industry and is able to articulate his thoughts about a game really well.

Hindl

Sometimes I feel really out of the loop when people are talking about anything Giant Bomb in general. Is there a reason that place is so popular?

In addition to everything I said about Jeff applying to a lot of the crew being industry veterans, they launched a personality site way before anyone else realized it. The recent move a lot of sites have taken towards video content was started by them, and they're generally just funny people who are entertaining to listen to

Wasn't 8.8 IGN?

No here's a link:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-review/1900-6161993/

Mindlog

Probably going to see Get Out on Friday.
Two movies the first week they're out in a month? We're 16 again!
why is that guys opinions of games so valued?

are his opinions and tastes that good?
He actually may have a shit taste in games. However, he is very careful (sparse) with his praise and doesn't just slob on something because it's the next big thing. The podcast was very specific with its praise for certain systems instead of a general 'This is the greatest ever.'

I appreciate that.

Spinluck

He's just been doing it forever and is a really respected voice in the industry. And he's shown over and over to have integrity and be able to objectively (or as possible as that is) review games without getting sucked into the hype. 8.8 Twilight Princess was him. He got fired from Gamespot because he gave a game a bad score while that game's publisher was paying ad dollars to Gamespot, and refused to change the score.

Granted, he's got some out there game opinions, like GTA IV is an incredible game with a story that'll move you to tears, Yoshi's Island is dogshit, didn't enjoy the Last of US at all, and others. So it's not like his opinion is the word of god, but he's very respected within the industry and is able to articulate his thoughts about a game really well.

I see. I knew about the 8.8 thing, but 8.8 is a great score to me. Then again I'm not a huge game review guy. Not sure if I could trust someone that says Yoshi's Island is dogshit, seems extreme. GTAIV sucked balls.

Wasn't 8.8 IGN?

Nothing will ever top Uncharted 2 getting a 9.3 on Gametrailers.

That actually outraged people.

Hindl

I see. I knew about the 8.8 thing, but 8.8 is a great score to me. Then again I'm not a huge game review guy. Not sure if I could trust someone that says Yoshi's Island is dogshit, seems extreme. GTAIV sucked balls.

Nothing will ever top Uncharted 2 getting a 9.3 on Gametrailers.

That actually outraged people.

Well it was Twilight Princess, which before it came out was supposed to be the dream mature Zelda everyone wanted, so anything below a 9 was vilified. And yeah he's got some interesting opinions, but he's one of those people who want to hear his thoughts on a game even if you completely disagree with him

bionic77

Unless you are a child or a newbie to the industry you don't really need to read reviews.

Fuck I feel like I know if a game is for me based on 3 seconds of video. I definitely trust the impressions of people I know more than some stupid number on a site.

In other news I found out today that Pats fans are not fully racist.

I am too old for Power Rangers but I was surprised it was PG-13.

i thought that was a show for really little kids.

Power Rangers was a show for really cool kids. I actually knew kids that weren't allowed to watch it.

we had dope toys like this
giphy.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sometimes I feel really out of the loop when people are talking about anything Giant Bomb in general. Is there a reason that place is so popular?

Easily one of the more objective level headed bunch. They're also fairly cynical these days so a good review is great news.

bionic77

People are saying that most JCBz suffer from erectile dysfunction. This is just what people are saying, many people are saying this.
My wife sometimes wishes that this was true.

Don't confuse a JCB with a Trumper. Trumpers can only get it up when they do something racist. JCBs always at the ready.

All day.

Tall4Life

I mean, I'd switch Trump for Floy right now.

hmm so you admit the Patriots are the Trumps then?
No, B does not necessarily follow A in this case, the JCBs are a losing faction in """"""'competition""""""" with other, better factions like us Puts. We are in no association with the Trumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom