• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Jerruah pls listen to me. I'm gonna need you to take CrocMother and Bronx-man, bundle em if with some picks and send them to Cleveland. Take me with the Number 1 overall pick. Jerruah pls, I would love to post for your team.

smh I trusted you...

Lebron will hear about this

Bread

Banned
I had a dream that Johnny Manziel drugged himself stupid and needed a caretaker to feed him and wheel him around.

Breadstream reporting first

You forsaking the Cleve?

What would Lebron say to that?

smh I trusted you...

Lebron will hear about this
It's cool. Everyone's making the joke now. I'm good
https://youtu.be/Z9py1qvvb0U

Nate Ulrich‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 13m 13 minutes ago
Deshaun Watson jokes # Cowboys should draft him, trade Dak Prescott, Tony Romo to QB-starved # Browns: ‘They need two’ http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/d...o-to-qb-starved-browns-they-need-two-1.749153 …

Edit: lmao Lebron would probably pull out his cowboys gear

MechDX

Howie gonna make him rich beyond his wildest dreams.

I have been on the Bouye train since they signed him as an UDFA. Still hoping they get a deal done in the next two weeks

Romo news:

Matt Hendricks‏@MattHendricks21 1h1 hour ago
More
@AllbrightNFL not hearing Broncos have serious interest or Romo not interested in Broncos?

Benjamin AllbrightVerified account
‏@AllbrightNFL

@MattHendricks21 Broncos not interested

Hindl

Better argument to keeping Peters:

Ryan Smith
‏@RSmithNFL

Peters is still performing at a high level. Good move by #Eagles to keep him. Ranked 8th among tackles (88.3). @PFF
Ian RapoportVerified account@RapSheet
There was some speculation otherwise, but LT Jason Peters, set to make $9.95M base salary, will be back with #Eagles in '17. Not a surprise.

I checked, he's getting paid as the 12th highest LT next year, and was the 8th ranked last year. Seems like a deal even without a restructure

MechDX

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
.@mlombardiNFL - "When I was in NE we thought Houston was going to draft Garoppolo with their high 2nd round pick, instead they picked..

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
that guard from UCLA, what a sigh of relief that was"

Kind of validates the story that hit right after that draft that O'Brien wanted Jimmy at pick 2.1 but was over ruled by Smith who convinced him that Jimmy would be there at 3.1

Good News Everyone!

Ryan Tannehill, who missed the last three regular-season games and the postseason because of a left knee injury, is healed and will be available for the start of the team’s entire offseason program. He will not will not have surgery to reconstruct the knee.

Numerous sources with knowledge of Tannehill’s recovery from a partially torn ACL and grade 2 sprained MCL say the Miami Dolphins quarterback weeks ago passed a battery of tests that determine the stability and functionality of his knees and that he is now ready to go.

Even better for all involved, these sources insist, is that Tannehill will not be any more susceptible to a future ACL tear in his left knee following his completed rehabilitation than if he’d had a reconstructive surgery.

Tannehill, pronounced healed by team doctor John Uribe and with a concurring second opinion of respected surgeon Dr. James Andrews, will be participating in the team’s conditioning program in April, OTA days which begin in May, mini camps after that, and training camp which is supposed to begin in late July.

Coaches, and specifically head coach Adam Gase, will reserve the right to manage Tannehill’s work load but the player will be fully available as the team wishes.

Team doctors, athletic trainers, and Andrews told Tannehill and coaches in December that not having surgery on this particular injury but instead taking on a rigorous workout and healing regimen that spanned approximately two months would bring results just as good as surgery.

Tannehill’s regimen concluded in early February.

A side benefit of Tannehill not having surgery is having him ready for the team’s offseason work. Atlhough sources say it wasn’t the reason to avoid surgery, the fact remains Tannehill would not have been able to participate in any camps, OTA days and likely would have missed much of training camp while rehabbing from surgery.

Tannehill’s recovery included him getting adult stem cell treatment in the United States.

Tannehill will play the 2017 season with a brace on his left knee. A source said Tannehill has been working out with multiple braces to see which one he’s most comfortable using.

The brace is meant as a preventative tool. The quarterback’s knee is said to be stable without it. And his mobility is not expected to be affected.

The Dolphins declined to comment. Tannehill was unavailable for comment.

The Dolphins and Tannehill also undertook this course in part because doctors informed them surgery would not decrease the chances of future ACL injuries. Some players actually have ACL surgery and tear the same ligament afterward -- former Dolphins safety Louis Delmas being one such example.

It’s also not absolute that all players must have surgery after injuring an ACL.

Former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward played his entire career without a left ACL. Former New England and Minnesota cornerback Jimmy Hitchcock tore his ACL as a child and never had it surgically repaired. He played eight years in the NFL.

Some players suffer ACL injuries and choose rehabilitation over surgery without it becoming public.

The point several people are making is that the Dolphins and Tannehill are confident avoiding a major surgery and the long rehabilitation that follows was the best course for the quarterback.

That point will be obvious to everyone, they say, when Tannehill is on the field this summer and not in the training room or weight room rehabilitating.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article134484399.html#storylink=cpy

jbug617

Banned
Floyd it's happening.
C5XJdxPWQAA6j7w.jpg

MechDX

Bruce Matthews: Oilers' Transition To Tennessee Was Blueprint For How Not To Move

Interesting read.
TPG: They probably have the throwback jerseys. I'm walking around Houston and the powder blue Oilers jerseys are all around.
MATTHEWS: Yeah, I love that. The Titans still have the Oilers' history. The history of the Oilers needs to be in Houston. Bob McNair, the owner of the Texans, he was an Oilers' season-ticket holder. He'd do it right. But sitting in a warehouse up in Nashvillle, it isn't right.

I love Earl Campbell for refusing to join the Tacks ring of honor because was a Houston Oiler not a Titan. Oh and for being just a badass:

earl-campbell-ramming-isiah-robertson-o.gif

Hindl

The amount of confirmation bias in the Switch Preview thread is amazing. GAF almost becomes a parody or satire of itself.

Yeah that was insane. Any complaint is built up as a straw man where it's suddenly this massive overblown outrage, and then is attacked. People are crazy

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The amount of confirmation bias in the Switch Preview thread is amazing. GAF almost becomes a parody or satire of itself.

Yeah that was insane. Any complaint is built up as a straw man where it's suddenly this massive overblown outrage, and then is attacked. People are crazy

Let's minimize the meta commentary, things are gonna be messy enough for the next few weeks as it is as we try to sort through all this.

bionic77

Subtlety is not something that works in the internet.

This is the land of hyperbole.

Let them have their meltdowns. JCBs got too much shit to do to worry about pre-launch hysteria.

Mindlog

The Jameis comments were taken out of context. Please understand.

Get Out is doing it. So many things being accomplished as of late.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When was the last time that GB signed the top FA available at a position? I feel like for a while now there thing has been have Fruadgers and just fill in around him on the cheap.

Charles Woodson I guess but a lot of people thought he was almost done I think?

Julius Peppers and Jeff Saturday were big names but at the end of their careers.

Can't recall the last huge name since maybe Reggie White?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom