• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Forza Horizon and Pizza!

VeDXyk7.jpg

Fox318

Dark times for GB West
Just when you think giantbomb is recovering they have a setback.

It's sad because they probably have had some of the best staff in video games media walk though their doors and they always managed to ground themselves so much better than old 1up or some other sites.

Their hiring of Austin Walker for example was one of the best hired I've ever seen in games media.

Hindl

Just when you think giantbomb is recovering they have a setback.

It's sad because they probably have had some of the best staff in video games media walk though their doors and they always managed to ground themselves so much better than old 1up or some other sites.

Their hiring of Austin Walker for example was one of the best hired I've ever seen in games media.

Yeah kinda sucks, although GB East has been fantastic. Dan meshes so well with Alex and Vinny, and they're pumping out enough content for both coasts at the moment. West needs two new hires though

Fox318

Yeah kinda sucks, although GB East has been fantastic. Dan meshes so well with Alex and Vinny, and they're pumping out enough content for both coasts at the moment. West needs two new hires though
It's because Vinny is a workaholic and where ever he goes there is sure to be quality content.

It's so fucking crazy to me how CBS hardly supports a site like giantbomb with such a huge margin of vistors that pay to use their site.

It's extremely unfair and selfish of me to have wanted people like Drew, Patrick, and Austin to stay at giantbomb but I still wish it could be true.

Every time I see their office and how small it's become and how much of a mess it is it just makes me sad. Espically when YouTube streamers are getting big money.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Haven't listened to them in a few years but I remember GB West kinda being GB prime yeah?

I guess that's not the case anymore?

Gobias

Banned
I would still pay money for Giant Bomb if it was just Jeff streaming 35 year old videogames from his house with all the lights turned off.

Fox318

Haven't listened to them in a few years but I remember GB West kinda being GB prime yeah?

Jeff said it perfectly.

Nobody can take a vacation without it dramatically affecting the quality. And quantity of content the site puts out.

Hindl

No not really, it's kinda weird. Patrick left and Vinny moved East with Alex, leaving Jeff and Brad on West with Drew, and Jason and Dan joined West. But then Dan moved East, and Alex, Vinny, and Dan are pumping out tons of content currently. West is currently kinda going through the motions and need to hire 2 new people, and now Drew is leaving too. Jeff is still great, but West desperately needs some fresh blood

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I honestly only listened to the podcast (which I assumed was GB West centric)

Has that gone down in quality? The site always seemed kinda barebones to something like IGN and never really used it as such

Hindl

I honestly only listened to the podcast (which I assumed was GB West centric)

Has that gone down in quality? The site always seemed kinda barebones to something like IGN and never really used it as such

Yeah, I can listen to Jeff talk about anything so I'll keep listening, but the Bombcast has been going downhill, especially since Dan left. A new hire could help, just like Dan did

Gobias

Banned
I'm gonna be the new hire so I can go on the Bombast and set the record straight when it comes to how Domino's is shit.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Put that resume in.

Giant Bomb: Ohio should be a thing.

It'd be the most depressing podcast ever

"Well what did you play this week Gobias?"

"Well I only have enough extra money to buy one game a month since the factory closed down and I stated working at Wendys. So I decided to buy Brink. It's broken and I hate my life"

Eleuin

I like receiving socks as gifts, am I an old now?

Beastcast>>>>Bombcast but the bombcast was never my favorite thing about Giant Bomb tbh.

Weird, think I listened to the bombcast for a good 2 years before bothering to check who the people were

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom