• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

I would rather have Reese sign Charles than AP. Peter King is saying Giants have mutual interest in AP, though.

None of it matters if the line continues to be garbage and their TE's don't block.

BigAT

Don't think I don't see this shit.

I'm coming for you.

Sure you are.

l9Cy5BT.gif

Duxxy3

Jimmy is staying put in New England.

I'm thinking if Brady wants to play until he's 45, that it might be somewhere else.

WTT: Tom Brady aka GOAT

Minimum 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders.

JaMarco

Jimmy is staying put in New England.

I'm thinking if Brady wants to play until he's 45, that it might be somewhere else.

WTT: Tom Brady aka GOAT

Minimum 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders.
Schefter has direct Patriots sources, that info is coming straight from Belichick to drive up the price. He hasn't ruled out trading Garrappolo at this point.

Hindl

I didn't know YH is Roddy White

Roddy White‏Verified account
@roddywhiteTV

I'm tired of every week on these shows people saying if u don't have a QB u can't win the ravens did and Tampa did Seattle did #teamgame

Tom Penny

I'm already assuming Hightower and Bennett are gone
Bennett is gone for sure. I don't know Hightower market we are going to find out. If it's not insane they will retain him. I don't care what anybody ssys. He has missed over a quarter of the season the last 3 years..it matters. Just like it will when Gronk wants to get paid again.

Jarnet87

What an absolute disrespectful comment from Roddy White talking about Brad Johnson. Brad Johnson was a field general and a champion, something Roddy can't even dream of being. He also caught his own pass for a touchdown. Stuff of legends.

I didn't know YH is Roddy White
On NFL Network this morning one of the guys was saying the only reason the Seahawks have been able to try and keep their team together to continue making runs is because they didn't have to pay big-time QB. the word is out now on little wuss.

Hindl

On NFL Network this morning one of the guys was saying the only reason the Seahawks have been able to try and keep their team together to continue making runs is because they didn't have to pay big-time QB. the word is out now on little wuss.

Granted, I haven't watched it so I could be wrong. But that's not what I get from that. That's not a situation unique to the Seahawks, that's what every team tries to do. Getting a QB on a rookie contract is immensely helpful to building a winning team because you don't have to pay them that much. Compound that with a situation like Wilson where he's a 3rd round pick vs a 1st round pick. So you get to take the roughly $20M a year you'd need to set aside for a QB to build out the rest of your team in FA. Look at how the Titans, Raiders, Bucs, etc. are trying to build and make pushes now, because their franchise QBs are cheap. The Eagles are trying to do the same thing. The Cowboys would be the ultimate version of this if they weren't constantly pushing against the cap, because they have a talented QB AND RB in place on rookie contracts.

bionic77

Switch has shipped. We are close now
Mine has still not shipped but says will get to me on Friday. I swear on the the holy JoyCons that if Amazon does not get my Switch to me on Friday I am going to sue them out of existence.

You hear me Bezos? I know you are listening!

Duxxy3

Mine has still not shipped but says will get to me on Friday. I swear on the the holy JoyCons that if Amazon does not get my Switch to me on Friday I am going to sue them out of existence.

Amazon has disappointed me on more than a few launch dates :(

Hope that's not the case for you.

Hindl

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Mine has said for weeks they were planning to ship it March 1 (today) so I'm not too worried. But I'll be waiting for my email that it shipped all day

Fantomex

I preordered from BestBuy.com if my switch doesn't get to me on launch day I'm gonna show up to the nearest Best Buy location and act like I'm from Ohio.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nah

Russell Wilson is a top 10 quarterback at a minimum and was a top 3 quarterback last season (2015)

I imagine the Seattle D is on a major decline (not many defenses are elite for more than a handful of consecutive seasons) so this season should tell an interesting story.

bionic77

Amazon has disappointed me on more than a few launch dates :(

Hope that's not the case for you.
Hmmm.

Might be about that time.

/checks watch

Yup. Its about that time.

Time to fucking panic until and unless I get that delicious Switch and Zelda into my unworthy hands!

miezzfz.gif

Tom Penny

Nah

Russell Wilson is a top 10 quarterback at a minimum and was a top 3 quarterback last season (2015)

I imagine the Seattle D is on a major decline (not many defenses are elite for more than a handful of consecutive seasons) so this season should tell an interesting story.
He's so good he can have 5 turnovers against GB and still get to the SB. That's almost impossible.

Nah

Why are you calling 2015 last season? Last year no way was wuss a top 3 QBlast season, hell Bradford was equal or better then him last year and that was in a much more difficult situation.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Browns WR Josh Gordon, who has not played since 2014, is applying today for reinstatement, per his business manager Michael Johnson.
9:58 AM · Mar 1, 2017
😒😒😒 really don't even care anymore

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He's so good he can have 5 turnovers against GB and still get to the SB. That's almost impossible.

You're the worst

Well your avatar is okay

Why are you calling 2015 last season? Last year no way was wuss a top 3 QBlast season, hell Bradford was equal or better then him last year and that was in a much more difficult situation.

It's weird looking at their gamelogs side by side. Bradford was much more consistent whereas Wilson had some crazy peaks and valleys.

Still Wilson in 2016 was:

13th in completion percentage
7th in YPA
10th in yards
17th in passing TDs
14th in rating

So if we're being "technical" then sure, Wilson is probably more like a top 15 QB.

What's really fascinating about Wilson was the drop in his rushing stats. His legs did anywhere from half to 3/4ths of the work that he put up in other years. Aaron Rodgers had a better year rushing than Wilson which is surprising to me since the running game is a much bigger part of Wilson's package.

Hindl

You're the worst

Well your avatar is okay

It's weird looking at their gamelogs side by side. Bradford was much more consistent whereas Wilson had some crazy peaks and valleys.

Still Wilson in 2016 was:

13th in completion percentage
7th in YPA
10th in yards
17th in passing TDs
14th in rating

So if we're being "technical" then sure, Wilson is probably more like a top 15 QB.

What's really fascinating about Wilson was the drop in his rushing stats. His legs did anywhere from half to 3/4ths of the work that he put up in other years. Aaron Rodgers had a better year rushing than Wilson which is surprising to me since the running game is a much bigger part of Wilson's package.

Well Wilson was hobbled for almost the entire year with various leg injuries. Remember that time his leg went sideways in that 49ers game?

Jarnet87

The best part of Josh Gordon coming back every year before his annual arrest/failed drug test are the fools who draft him in fantasy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmmm.

/checks watch

Time to fucking panic until and unless I get that delicious Switch and Zelda into my unworthy hands!

miezzfz.gif
I don't like doing business with GameStop but they're pretty reliable on hardware launches.

bionic77

Wussle Wilson is a basic ass bitch who ain't shit.

I have this from a very reliable and trustworthy JoyConBoy so you can rest easy knowing it has to be true.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Hmmm.

/checks watch

miezzfz.gif

You might not get a shipping notification until launch day even. Don't stress.

Wussle Wilson is a basic ass bitch who ain't shit.

I have this from a very reliable and trustworthy JoyConBoy so you can rest easy knowing it has to be true.

I dont even have a switch pre-ordered but thank you for calling me a very reliable and trustworthy JoyConBoy.

bionic77

You might not get a shipping notification until launch day even. Don't stress.
Don't stress?

Let me explain to you what is happening right now.

Over the last few weeks and months I have forged a bond of brotherhood with my fellow JoyConBoyz. We pledged together to do it and make the entire world look at what these boyz did on March 3, 2017.

You may not have realized it, but I have done the math (minored in math in college) and you simply cannot be a JoyConBoy without them JoyCons.

If Amazon fucks this up I won't be a true JoyConBoy on the most important date of the year and worst of all I will have let my friends and brothers down.

Don't confuse this with some mere shitbox launch (i.e. PS4, Xbone, Ouya, etc.). This time its for real.

Duxxy3

240 is way to fat. Nobody should draft him with any of the top 31 picks.

edit: Speaking of Capcom. Y'all need to play Resident Evil 7.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
More
My understanding is #Patriots would not be thrilled now to turn the team over to Jacoby Brissett if Brady is injured. That's Jimmy G's value

I wasn't impressed with Brissett either. Seems like the Pats think the same thing. I didn't like his college film and I don't like his pro film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom