• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Yeah this is basically what I was thinking.

If Howie pays any of these WRs this year I think I'll be mad. The free agents in 2018 are just better. The only deal I would even do this season would be to pay Alshon Jeffery like a max of $10m. Just don't think any of the big name FAs are worth it. Wouldn't touch Pryor as he's entirely unproven. Stills has never been THE guy on a team. I'd rather they spent money on a CB or RB. Next year when they have more cap space with Bradfords dead money gone and the stupid as shit Chase Daniel contract gone will be better.

I dunno, I don't want to break the bank on a WR but 2018 isn't a slam dunk. There's a high chance a large majority of the WRs set to be FA will be extended. I don't see Nuk, Allen Robinson, Martavis Bryant, Devante Adams, Moncrief, etc. hitting the market. I don't want to pay Alshon 14M, but if there was a way to get him for 12 I'd do it. I'd also take Stills, DJax or Kenny Britt for the right price. For those guys I wouldn't wanna spend over $6-8M per so we'll probably be priced out, but I'd do it. I do agree that we should get a CB in FA but heavily disagree about RB though. There's some decent talent on the market but they're all older, and this is the best RB class perhaps ever. In pretty much any round between round 1-4 there are starting caliber backs. Get them on a rookie contract with no wear on the tires, no point in getting a FA RB this year. That money would be better served getting a CB

In his defense.. He's a physically big man.. that's just how big he is.. Running backs are getting bigger and bigger. He was physically ready to play in the league by his sophomore year.. arguably as a freshman. If you were looking at him as more than just a bell cow north and south runner.. you might have a point because he's never had to do that in college because LSU's offense was garbage and relied on Purdue cast offs to play QB.

Najee Harris, the number one RB in the country in last year's recruiting class was 225 at 18 years old. You can add 20 pounds to him after he completes 2-3 years of strength training at Alabama.

Floy out of curiosity would you rather go Hooker or Jamaal Adams

MechDX

Mike Meltser ✔ @MikeMeltser
the @McClain_on_NFL tells us that he believes there is an 80% chance that the Texans re-sign AJ Bouye
8:24 AM - 1 Mar 2017

Its McClain so 95% chance he signs elsewhere

I do agree that we should get a CB in FA but heavily disagree about RB though. There's some decent talent on the market but they're all older, and this is the best RB class perhaps ever. In pretty much any round between round 1-4 there are starting caliber backs. Get them on a rookie contract with no wear on the tires, no point in getting a FA RB this year. That money would be better served getting a CB

I didn't necessarily say I wanted them to get a RB, just that I thought it would be better than these top end WRs because I think they'll work out so badly. I would rather they invest in a CB, and get another in the draft, along with a WR and an RB.

cdyhybrid

Zelda got a perfect score from Famitsu. Any reports on the differences between Wii U and Switch versions? Can't swing a Switch until end of this month probably but I really want to play Zelda.

Fantomex

Zelda got a perfect score from Famitsu. Any reports on the differences between Wii U and Switch versions? Can't swing a Switch until end of this month probably but I really want to play Zelda.

I have good news for you my poor, unfortunate, peasant and seachicken rooting friend. The WiiU difference is very minimal. No lag, frame rate drops or stuttering has been reported. The caveat is that you won't be a joyconboy until you get a switch. But we can't all wear Ralph Lauren, some of us go to ROSS and get the CHAPS brand. Or so I hear.

God bless.

Fanto

bionic77

I have good news for you my poor, unfortunate, peasant and seachicken rooting friend. The WiiU difference is very minimal. No lag, frame rate drops or stuttering has been reported. The caveat is that you won't be a joyconboy until you get a switch. But we can't all wear Ralph Lauren, some of us go to ROSS and get the CHAPS brand. Or so I hear.

God bless.

Fanto
:lol

Is chaps still a thing?

Hunter S.

Friends don't let friends go SWITCHless. I'm being a true friend Chris.

Hunter, the Broncos picks will be plentiful and I'm happy for you and Imma let you finish, but the Switch will have the greatest Zelda game of all time. OF ALL TIME!
It does have voices and an open world so it should be better. Miami better be better too. End the redundancy of the Patriots reign.

cdyhybrid

God bless.

Fanto
You're my boy Fanto. We're all going to do it this weekend. Max Graham open to close DJ set Friday night, Combine all weekend, Zelda, and Logan. #DoingIt

Fantomex

:lol

Is chaps still a thing?

Bead swears by it. Here he is ready for his interview at Wetzel's Pretzels.

image_original.jpeg

You're my boy Fanto. We're all going to do it this weekend. Max Graham open to close DJ set Friday night, Combine all weekend, Zelda, and Logan. #DoingIt

This is a weekend full of WIN my friend! God is good!

Hindl

Famitsu isn't necessarily who I'd go to, they tend to inflate scores. This is their only 40/40 in a while but I'd wait for more opinions. Regarding the Wii U, people haven't been crazy about its performance. There's been some pretty noticeable frame drops, and due to the 720p the IQ and LOD isn't great, along with some of the textures. It's been pretty universal in the impression thread. But the people playing it are still enjoying it so you should be able to get through. If it's just till the end of the month though, I'd probably just try to hold off and get a Switch

Here's a thread comparing them, you can judge for yourself:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348277

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Speaking of Chaps, it's crazy to me how I can't think of a prestigious American fashion brand anymore that can compete with the Europeans in brand reputation.

Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, and even Coach have all kinda depreciated in reputation.

Jaylon Smith's knee is rumored to be in a "totally fucked" condition but I think it's from known idiot Rapaport, so unsure of that validity.

Let's hope he's okay

I think The Last Guardian would be more appropriate since it A) took 12 years to make and B) is bad.

Say this to my face you shit
It does have voices and an open world so it should be better.

Open world games are bad and not good and this is where you fucked up

Fantomex

Jesus Fanta is going balls deep in on the haters today.

Look what the boy did!

Only bad thing is that after dealing with these haters, I gotta make sure to use hand sanitizer before playing on my SWITCH afterwards. This is me after I Goodell these haters and GET IT RIGHT.

3Gxa4.gif

We gotta make sure to use the brand with ALOE Bionic. It keeps hands moisturized.

Speaking of Chaps, it's crazy to me how I can't think of a prestigious American fashion brand anymore that can compete with the Europeans in brand reputation.

Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, and even Coach have all kinda depreciated in reputation.

This is true my friend. But have you been introduced to Tom Ford? That brand alone is carrying on the fight. Just like the SWITCH is carrying on the good fight against the forces of evil.

Hindl

So Kotaku likes Zelda

C52m5QqWMAEfYSN.jpg

Jaylon Smith's knee is rumored to be in a "totally fucked" condition but I think it's from known idiot Rapaport, so unsure of that validity.

Let's hope he's okay

Damn I thought I heard recently that his recovery was going well and his knee was firing?

Did you get concussed? Mitchell Hogan and Edelman make that combined per year.

If only we could cheat like the pats

You are right he only had 2 drops last year. Weird I have heard several places mention drops as a concern for him.

Yeah I think everyone saw the Seattle drop and just assumed

Friends don't let friends go SWITCHless. I'm being a true friend Chris.

You know it's going to end up like the last few Nintendo Consoles, only Nintendo games and not much else.

Hunter, the Broncos picks will be plentiful and I'm happy for you and Imma let you finish, but the Switch will have the greatest Zelda game of all time. OF ALL TIME![/QUOTE]

Tom Penny

Roca Wear and Old Navy for starters..

Fantomex

No Zelda will ever be better then a link to the past.

Yankee, you can't think this way my friend. Do you think that the Eagles will never have anyone as good as McNabb? Of course not. So too must this philosophy extend to other aspects of life. When you first bought that Geo Metro, you were so excited and happy. The air conditioner worked for all of 6 months, the tires didn't develop bulges, the transmission was shifting with only minor scraping, and the brakes only had to be pumped a few times before they worked. But then it gave out. And you upgraded to a 95 Honda Accord. You didn't want to give it a chance. But this dependable Honda won you over with it's smooth driving, power windows, moonroof, interior lights and a working air conditioner with only minor oil leaks here and there. So give this Zelda a chance to exceed your expectations my friend. Be open. Like the females in Gatas family.

MechDX

Daniel Jeremiah‏Verified account
@MoveTheSticks

Text from NFL exec-- biggest talk at Combine, and it's not close--USC QB is rare. (It's tough to ignore him when you're studying other guys)

#TankIn2017

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is true my friend. But have you been introduced to Tom Ford? That brand alone is carrying on the fight. Just like the SWITCH is carrying on the good fight against the forces of evil.

Tom Ford? Well those are certainly designer prices. Woof.

Is Kate Spade still a big brand?

That's mostly a question for bionic since I'm not sure anyone else here is qualified to answer

The only thing I spend a lot on are shoes. Pants and shirts I just shop at uniqlo. I guess I spend a fair bit at Brooks Brothers too. But I do own three pairs of $250+ shoes.

Fantomex

Honestly I do too but it doesn't punch up in the Gucci, Prada, or Louis Vuitton class anymore like it used to.

Although these days I buy clothes from JCPenney so what do I know?

Try Nordstroms Rack. They carry a lot of overages form Nordstroms, Saks and Bloomingdales.

Honestly I do too but it doesn't punch up in the Gucci, Prada, or Louis Vuitton class anymore like it used to.

Although these days I buy clothes from JCPenney so what do I know?

When was RL even in the range of Gucci etc? Those are shit brands btw, overpriced fucking garbage. Brands like Etro, 7 for all Mankind, Jacob Cohen are so far superior to those overhyped "fashion" brands.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I have good news for you my poor, unfortunate, peasant and seachicken rooting friend. The WiiU difference is very minimal. No lag, frame rate drops or stuttering has been reported.

Wait, I thought there were some reporting seeing more framerate issues with the WiiU version than the Switch? Is that only in certain areas?

Hindl

I guess most people don't have access to Century 21 stores? You can get actual good brands for dirt cheap there.

Isn't that a real estate firm?

Wait, I thought there were some reporting seeing more framerate issues with the WiiU version than the Switch? Is that only in certain areas?

Yeah not sure what Fanto is talking about. The Wii U version is technically inferior and has some problems throughout the game. The game is just too ambitious for the hardware, but people are saying despite that they're still enjoying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom