• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Can I be honest? I'm not loving what they've shown of mario odyssey.

But then again, I didn't like the look of smg and it ended up bring the best mario... so I may be wrong. Either way, day 1.

I'm totally in on Odyssey, but it does look really different, so I can get the concern. But after Zelda I have full faith. Zelda was a dramatic departure from the series, and there were so many things that could've gone wrong. But they nailed it, so I'm confident they'll do the same with Mario

Bread

Banned
tfw you turn on zelda and get serviced for the first time
giphy.gif

cdyhybrid

No RFA tender for Shead from the Hawks. Feel bad for the dude. This was supposed to be his solid, decently large contract, and he gets hurt. Now anyone that extends an offer will lowball him because of the injury, and the draft class is ridiculous at CB.

Football sucks.

bionic77

This Zelda talk is killing me. I won't have time to play it until spring break starts Friday. I'm gonna get serviced all week long.
I stayed up until 3 yesterday and only slept 4 hours because of this game.

The servicing is getting out of hand...

Duxxy3

Sports radio just had an interesting conversation about trading Jimmy for a first round pick. They asked which of Belichick's first rounders would you rather have instead of Garoppolo, assuming the same position we're in now (incumbent HOF QB that isn't going anywhere etc).

2001 6 Richard Seymour DT Georgia
2002 21 Daniel Graham TE Colorado
2003 13 Ty Warren DT Texas A&M
2004 21 Vince Wilfork DT Miami (FL)
32 Benjamin Watson TE Georgia
2005 32 Logan Mankins OG Fresno State
2006 21 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
2007 24 Brandon Meriweather S Miami (FL)
2008 10 Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee
2010 27 Devin McCourty CB/S Rutgers
2011 17 Nate Solder OT Colorado
2012 21 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
25 Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama
2014 29 Dominique Easley DT Florida
2015 32 Malcom Brown DT Texas

And you know what... I wouldn't trade Jimmy for the majority of those players. I would absolutely trade Seymour for Jimmy. McCourty and Hightower, probably. The rest... I'd rather have Jimmy. QB position is too important, and the Pats third string QB isn't remotely ready (and I don't think he ever will be).

Bread

Banned
Sports radio just had an interesting conversation about trading Jimmy for a first round pick. They asked which of Belichick's first rounders would you rather have instead of Garoppolo, assuming the same position we're in now (incumbent HOF QB that isn't going anywhere etc).

And you know what... I wouldn't trade Jimmy for the majority of those players. I would absolutely trade Seymour for Jimmy. McCourty and Hightower, probably. The rest... I'd rather have Jimmy. QB position is too important, and the Pats third string QB isn't remotely ready (and I don't think he ever will be).
Wilfork and Mankins??????

cdyhybrid

Pats fans believe in Jimmy and not Brisket, even though there's virtually no tape on either of them.

I wonder what the difference leading to that is 🤔

BigAT

Pats fans believe in Jimmy and not Brisket, even though there's virtually no tape on either of them.

Even though Jimmy is seemingly off the market, it seems like the Patriots are actually willing to trade Brissett now. The rumor that was going around was that New England would be willing to part with him for 3 draft picks in round 5 of the draft.

When asked about this rumor at a press conference, Coach Belichick responded "I definitely think Jacoby Brissett is only worth three fifths."

MechDX

Paul Kuharsky ✔ @PaulKuharskyNFL
On @Midday180, @McClain_on_NFL says #Texans in $12M a year range for @AJBOUYE21, market likely to surpass that. #Titans
2:08 PM - 7 Mar 2017

Jeez $12 mill a year guaranteed? I like him, a lot, but i dont know if I like him THAT much

To be fair, sample size is about equal with 2 games as starters. Still, I liked Jacoby and comparing his performance to that of Jimbo is rather difficult, since Jimmy already was a full time back-up and Brisket was just on the team and probably didn't expect to play, let alone start any time soon.

MechDX

Remember Mech.. this is probably the best CB class of all time..

Let him go.. it's not worth it..

No doubt. I give Rick Smith credit for one thing: the man knows his cornerbacks.

Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL 33s34 seconds ago
More
Although the Texans want free agent John Simon back, healthy market expected for gritty starting outside linebacker

NOOOO!! Not John Simon from THE Ohio State University!! Hold me Floyd!

It's not your fault..

No doubt. I give Rick Smith credit for one thing: the man knows his cornerbacks.

NOOOO!! Not John Simon from THE Ohio State University!! Hold me Floyd!
Let Bouye walk and resign Simon for the money you save on Bouye..

Adoree Jackson may fall to the second because of how deep this class is.. it's insane.

You can wait three years for Baron Browning.. Dega can get the come home chants ready

Tom Penny

It's amazing how much people are sleeping on the impact that Jimmy G would have on the Browns. How many QB's could immediately come in and double the win total of a team? He could do that for the Browns. Book it.

Pepiope

It's amazing how much people are sleeping on the impact that Jimmy G would have on the Browns. How many QB's could immediately come in and double the win total of a team? He could do that for the Browns. Book it.
You could double the win total of the Browns.

Pepiope

ProFootballTalk ✔ @ProFootballTalk
Confirmed: second-round RFA tender for Broncos K Brandon McManus.

Well Tampa, go get your new kicker

BigAT

Tell someone to fuck off with a box, everyone loves you. Make a subtle Three-Fifths Compromise joke, no one gives a shit.

Tell someone to fuck off with a box, everyone loves you. Make a subtle Three-Fifths Compromise joke, no one gives a shit.

I thought it was funny but forgot to comment

Interesting how you're not so funny when it doesn't involve me.

I made you famous.
Why didn't you borrow your dad's car and tape a Fuck BigFATTIE Sign or something.. Come on Dutch.. you can't let him win..

MechDX

Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL 49s50 seconds ago
More
Packers defensive tackle Letroy Guion suspended for four games for violating NFL performance-enhancing drug policy, team announces

Sconi culture

Listen to the Mitch and pritch show and they said the Raiders brought in Bank of America to their deal because Bank of America is a partner with the NFL and they think that'll make it so the NFL can't turn the deal down because they wont want to anger one of their partners.

MechDX

John McClain‏Verified account
@McClain_on_NFL
No surprise Eagles interested in CB AJ Bouye. Beginning with Connor Barwin they had like 6 former Texans on roster at one point.

Dave Zangaro‏Verified account @DZangaroCSN 4m4 minutes ago
More
Dave Zangaro Retweeted John McClain
Last few years: Barwin, B Brooks, Braman, Donnie Jones, Jeff Maehl, DeMeco, Roc Carmichael, Anthony Denham, James Casey, Andrew Gardner

So if the texans are Pats South does this make the Eagles related to the Patriots?

MechDX

NFLTradeRumors.co‏ @nfltrade_rumors 1m1 minute ago
More
Jaguars & Buccaneers Also Potential Landing Spots For Free Agent CB A.J. Bouye http://bit.ly/2mydDcE

Add the Bucs to the list! Jags? lol they are the jags
Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL 55s55 seconds ago
More
AJ Bouye is the most sought after free agent. Most suitors, anyway.

Michael DiRocco‏Verified account
@ESPNdirocco

Follow
More
From what I've read add Eagles to list of teams interested in Bouye. Jaguars, Bears, Bucs, Titans also have been linked to him.

You're welcome league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom