• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

The #Chargers, who released DJ Fluker and Stevie Johnson today, are also releasing CB Brandon Flowers, a former big-ticket FA signing.

Chargers

dionysus

Yaldog
NFL teams are so ridiculously stupid about picks. A team that liked him could have given up a pick and gotten him on a super cheap and contract. They could have seen how he did in their system and gotten a feel for him, also they would have owned his rights and could have tagged him if they needed to rather then give him a huge contract.

How they value picks makes sense in a salary cap world where there is a huge difference between a FA contract and a rookie contract. Trading 4 years of a cheap contract, even if production is unknown from that player, for 1 year of cheap contract + expensive fifth year option + potentially expensive FA contract, even for probowl production rarely makes sense.

If rookie contracts were more in line with FA contracts, shorter, or the salary cap was much higher, you wouldn't see picks be valued so highly.

I'd bet in the next CBA rookie contracts either get more expensive and/or they get shorter. Very team friendly right now as it probably underpays rookies, even with the uncertainty, and it ends up devaluing FA contracts too.

MechDX

Offocially tampering season!!$

working my phone now to bring prosperity to the Cleve for my boys Kave, Gobias and Floyd

jmdajr

https://twitter.com/GregRajan/status/839147158934859781

Texans have the best odds in Vegas to land Cutler at 3 to 1

Welcome to the BOB and Jay Show!

76116-Eddie-Murphy-WHAT-gif-Imgur-q5DT.gif

Gobias

Banned
I believe Kaves Girl Mary Kay Would pass up Garrett for literally any qb in the draft, just say a name. she also loves using Random percents

I'm being told that the Browns are going to be trading the #1 pick for Glennon (47% likely), the #12 pick on Jimmy(87%), and trading back up to grab Trubisky (33%). #Browns

effzee

The #Chargers, who released DJ Fluker and Stevie Johnson today, are also releasing CB Brandon Flowers, a former big-ticket FA signing.

Chargers

Don't follow the Chargers, but wasn't he one of the best OL in his draft? Has he been a bust?

Hindl

Britt would be fine as a WR2. We still need a #1 though. Britt, smith, and Matthews would be really underwhelming.

That's why I'm expecting it. Also why, if Cook and Davis are both there at 14, I'd rather take Davis. I understand how much a good RB can help a QB, but there's tons of top quality backs in this draft, and Wentz needs someone to step up and be a #1.

Pepiope

That's why I'm expecting it. Also why, if Cook and Davis are both there at 14, I'd rather take Davis. I understand how much a good RB can help a QB, but there's tons of top quality backs in this draft, and Wentz needs someone to step up and be a #1.
Yeah I'm beginning to agree. As much as I want Cook, our receivers suck ass, and we can still find a serviceable RB in rounds 3+

Jarnet87

Kenny Britt had the first 1000 receiving yards season for the Rams since Holt in 07. So that must be like a 1200-1400 yard season on a competent offense

Hindl

Yeah I'm beginning to agree. As much as I want Cook, our receivers suck ass, and we can still find a serviceable RB in rounds 3+

Yeah I love Cook, and I wanted him for the longest time. And if by some miracle we could get Pryor or Jeffery, I'd be much more inclined to take Cook because I think he's perfect for this offense. But if we can only get good WRs in FA and not the top tier guys, we need to take Davis. If we do get Cook, I'd want to target Chris Godwin in the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom