• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Charles Robinson‏Verified account @CharlesRobinson 2m2 minutes ago
More
RE: Adrian Peterson: 1. #Raiders. 2. #Seahawks 3. #Patriots. If it's #Raiders, it will be done quickly. I believe he'll seek $4-$6 mil per.

BigAT

I feel like I've bit my tongue on this issue for long enough. How could Nintendo be so stupid as to think their fans wouldn't want this functionality in 2017? They had to know what we would be doing with the Switch and to release it in this state is, frankly, just irresponsible on their part. Zelda is great and everything, but Nintendo really needs to improve their technology if I can't use the Switch like this.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...ssue-is-even-worse-if-you-put-it-in-your-butt

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I feel like I've bit my tongue on this issue for long enough. How could Nintendo be so stupid as to think their fans wouldn't want this functionality in 2017? They had to know what we would be doing with the Switch and to release it in this state is, frankly, just irresponsible on their part. Zelda is great and everything, but Nintendo really needs to improve their technology if I can't use the Switch like this.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...ssue-is-even-worse-if-you-put-it-in-your-butt

Is this what bionic meant by "getting serviced"?

PeterGAF

Banned
Sounds like the Pats pissed off Butler last season. He wanted a pay raise and didn't get it. Michael Floyd only played 3 games for the Pats and he made double what Butler made for the whole year.
He ready deserves to be paid. The Pats have to pay someone, right?

Jeez, you don't have to be so anal about it.

I'm glad I can finally talk without NDA on this

Yes, my friends. Fellow friend Samuel L Jackson (Sammy, as he prefers I call him) has long been witness to AnimeGAF AND AnimeNFLGAF and is very pleased with what we've done. Thank yous are necessary, as we have once again done it

Bread

Banned
Sounds like the Pats pissed off Butler last season. He wanted a pay raise and didn't get it. Michael Floyd only played 3 games for the Pats and he made double what Butler made for the whole year.
giphy.gif

Tall4Life

I'm glad I can finally talk without NDA on this

Yes, my friends. Fellow friend Samuel L Jackson (Sammy, as he prefers I call him) has long been witness to AnimeGAF AND AnimeNFLGAF and is very pleased with what we've done. Thank yous are necessary, as we have once again done it

Well his team lost the Super Bowl in hilarious fashion so I don't really think that's considered doing it!

Kave's girl is out of control

@SNFonNBC

lol stop. this is literally the same article from earlier, PFT is just running it now. the headline isn't even what the article says. story really should read that Mary Kays dream scenario is to trade the 12th for jimmy.

honestly if the browns liked jimmy that much I would be fine with it. but I think our beat reporters are making the current interest seem more then it is, like they have for weeks.

*waits for Roto to run same story and someone posts it

MechDX

Im still interested in Belichiks end game in this Jimmy nonsense. If Brady truly is playing 4-5 more years why would Jimmy even stay after 2017?

bionic77

Spinal Tap is back on Netflix.

I am sure most of you have never seen it and you should rectify that immediately. Definitely one of the best comedies of all time. Also one of the very few comedies that holds up over time. It is so fucking funny.

This offer does not apply to Trumpers. For Trumpers and Pats fans I recommend Jaws 4. That is more your kind of movie.

Striker

Kave/BG/Gobias

John Hankins talking to the Cleve? Heading home it seems. Reese always lets go of good DT's for a second contract. :(

PeterGAF

Banned
Im still interested in Belichiks end game in this Jimmy nonsense. If Brady truly is playing 4-5 more years why would Jimmy even stay after 2017?
The big issue is that even if Brady plays five more years (I'd be surprised if it's more than two) you almost have to evaluate the situation year to year. There is no telling when his age is going to catch up to him and when it does it will probably be sudden rather than gradual. Obviouslu Brady will be the guy in 2017. He's earned that. No one is questioning it. But what about 2018? What if he has a bad 2017? No one knows.

It would be great if Brady could play at a high level for five more years. But you can't garuntee that happening. It just wouldn't be responsible. So it puts Bill in a tough spot in regards to the successor. Moving on from someone like Tom Brady is a decision no one wants to make. And he might not have to make that decision. Tom could rock the league for another five years and then retire. But he could also regress and then what do you do? You've got a kid who might be able to play behind him, do you go with the kid or do you stick with your HOF QB? What kind of backlash does it come with? Bill might be the only guy in the league who could make that decision and not be questioned, but even then this is a special case.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

That is such an ambitious lie it's almost impressive. What an asshole.

No team, regardless of positional need, doesn't use a 5th round pick on someone that is on their board and available with a first round grade.
Part that made me laugh. "We had a 1st round grade on him, but couldn't be bothered to use a 4th or 5th on him"
Kave/BG/Gobias

John Hankins talking to the Cleve? Heading home it seems. Reese always lets go of good DT's for a second contract. :(
Source? Haven't heard anything on this one

Bread

Banned

I am sure most of you have never seen it and you should rectify that immediately. Definitely one of the best comedies of all time. Also one of the very few comedies that holds up over time. It is so fucking funny.

This offer does not apply to Trumpers. For Trumpers and Pats fans I recommend Jaws 4. That is more your kind of movie.
old man you're so out of touch

BigAT

Kave/BG/Gobias

Yeah. Cofield, Linval and now probably Hankins. Those guys all got paid a ton elsewhere so it's hard to blame Reese too much, but it's frustrating to see such great homegrown talent inside move on to other teams.

MechDX

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-jimmy-garoppolo-browns-buccaneers-seahawks-steelers/

A source somewhat connected to the situation tells Garafolo that the Patriots most likely want first-round picks in 2017 and 2018 for Garoppolo. With such a high asking price right now, Garafolo admits that no one expects a team to offer that much for Garoppolo right now, but it’s possible that they could move him for something less, such as the Browns’ No. 12 overall pick and another selection in 2018.

Its Bill playing games through the media. I hope Cleveland doesnt take the damn bait at this point

Tom Penny

NFL isn't NBA. He's good insurance to Brady and gives Brisket another year to learn the ropes. They don't have to trade him. It's not the NBA were a guy one guy changes everything...unless that guy goes down and you can't back him up.

JABEE

Bionic is 100% right.

The Blues Brothers is also a wonderful film.

Duxxy3

If they do trade away Jimmy, I hope they take a skill player with that 12th pick. Rather than just another solid role player.

Gobias

Banned
I think I like Best in Show more than Spinal Tap. Maybe.

Kave/BG/Gobias

Haven't heard that. We'll need all the Buckeyes we can get after Pryor leaves

Tom Penny

If they do trade away Jimmy, I hope they take a skill player with that 12th pick. Rather than just another solid role player.

He drafted 1 guy with a pick 12 or better the last 15 first rounders he had and it was Seymour...and if he has it again it surely won't be a skill player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom