• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

You are giving a first, a second and 3 players.
No no.

Eagles send #14

Saints send Cooks and their 2nd.

I'd send them any of those players but thats for the 2nd + player deal they were supposedly interested in. I just think #14 is more attractive for them.

MechDX

No no.

Eagles send #14

Saints send Cooks and their 2nd.

I'd send them any of those players but thats for the 2nd + player deal they were supposedly interested in. I just think #14 is more attractive for them.

Ok I misread that, need more coffee. I still dont completely understand the sudden love for Cooks though. What exactly has he done since entering the league? Was his lack of production and issue of the Saints system or him?

I mean he plays with Drew Freaking brees

Striker

Ok I misread that, need more coffee. I still dont completely understand the sudden love for Cooks though. What exactly has he done since entering the league? Was his lack of production and issue of the Saints system or him?

He feels he's underused I thought I read.

Pepiope

The sudden love for Cooks?

Jordan Matthews
Nelson Agholor
DGB
Paul Turner
Bryce Treggs

Hindl

He's had back to back 1000+ yard seasons and is only 24. He's not a world beater, but he has proven production in the league, which is more than you can say for any prospect. It's basically take the safe option with a proven receiver, or roll the dice on a prospect that could have a much higher ceiling but also has a chance to bust. And the receiver we'd want to draft may not be there. If we get a 2nd back for a 1st and Cooks, I'd do that deal. I wouldn't do a 1st straight up

I woke up this morning and it was 60 degrees at 5 AM.

It will be low 30s with snow showers by Sunday

#ncweather

Also I see that there's a Mike Glennon Sweepstakes now? Y'all that desperate?

MechDX

He's had back to back 1000+ yard seasons and is only 24. He's not a world beater, but he has proven production in the league, which is more than you can say for any prospect. It's basically take the safe option with a proven receiver, or roll the dice on a prospect that could have a much higher ceiling but also has a chance to bust. And the receiver we'd want to draft may not be there. If we get a 2nd back for a 1st and Cooks, I'd do that deal. I wouldn't do a 1st straight up

I said similar things last year about Osweiler.

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 1h1 hour ago
More
@RapSheet is reporting that Bears/Glennon will most likely "agree" on deal for 14-15M. Key is @RapSheet is close to Glennon's agent D.Dunn

dee1uqscr.gif

Hindl

I said similar things last year about Osweiler.

Brock played a few games with the Broncos with an all time defense and ended up losing his job to old, crippled Manning. Cooks has been in the league 3 years and has been very productive. I'm not gonna call him a Top 10, or even Top 20, receiver, but he's a good player. Not really comparable to Brock

MechDX

Brandon Marshall and NY Giants reach agreement on a two-year deal, per source. Marshall doesn’t have to move, now plays with Eli and OBJ.

Schefter

Tom Penny

Work is interesting. Going through an entire system conversion. " Have you re-written all the procedures yet " We are barely in the testing phases and haven't even seen the new platform. " Not my problem get them finished" alrighty then..

BigAT

A tall WR playing opposite OBJ? Oh my.

Really the first all WR Eli has had since Plax (Ramses doesn't count).

Interesting signing and not really one I would have thought about, but I think it makes sense for both parties. Giants probably didn't have the money to break the bank for someone that Jeffery or Pryor, but definitely needed a big receiver on the outside. Marshall doesn't have to move, gets a big upgrade in team quality and a solid contract for a 32-year-old receiver. Just have to hope he stays healthy.

Friggz

gotta admit, im a little surprised the giants went after marshall. not that he isnt a good talent, but i figured they would want someone with a little less locker room backage alongside Odell.

Jarnet87

Beckham, Shepard, Marshall. They sucked at running last year may as well completely abandon it and just chuck it every play with that group.

First WR in FA to go, now lets get that DJax to Tampa locked up.

BigAT

gotta admit, im a little surprised the giants went after marshall. not that he isnt a good talent, but i figured they would want someone with a little less locker room backage alongside Odell.

While Marshall certainly has an impressive laundry list for his career, I feel like he's turned it around for the most part and been pretty good lately. I'm struggling to remember what his last actual incident was, it's been at least a few years.

Striker

Beckham, Shepard, Marshall. They sucked at running last year may as well completely abandon it and just chuck it every play with that group.

First WR in FA to go, now lets get that DJax to Tampa locked up.
A guy like Marshall should allow less double and triple teams for Beckham. With him running without those and is a threat to go deep, that should ease up on the stacked fronts.

Then again, the OL still needs help and TE needs addressed. Anthony Fasano is a blocking TE they are talking to right now.

Duxxy3

The team would need to give up a first round pick and a contract so big the Pats won't match.

I hope somebody does go after him. Just so the Pats are finally forced to pay him real money.

Albert Breer‏Verified account
@AlbertBreer

Follow
More
I'm told that between yesterday, today and tomorrow, Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon is set to meet with 24 teams as part of his Pro Day gauntlet.

Mixon will be gone by the end of round 3.

MechDX

Fuck whichever team drafts Mixon. There comes a point every owner should just say no.

The only time I like Houston's boy scouts only club. They won't touch a piece of garbage like Mixon

WedgeX

Banned
Fuck whichever team drafts Mixon. There comes a point every owner should just say no.

The only time I like Houston's boy scouts only club. They won't touch a piece of garbage like Mixon

It'll probably end up being the Lions because Bob Quinn is a hypocritical jackass.

Bacon

Marshall was projected to make over 10 mil per year, giants nabbed him for a 2 yr/12 mil contract. Nice get. 👍

bionic77

supposed to get winds up to 50MPH today

my goal is to fly a kite
Old school kite or one of those stunt kites that do flips and shit?

I have not flown a kite in forever. My kids got some ghetto cheap kids from a birthday party as favors once and they gave up on the kite dream after like 10 minutes.

Greg

That's a pretty good goal.
I like to dream big
Old school kite or one of those stunt kites that do flips and shit?

I have not flown a kite in forever. My kids got some ghetto cheap kids from a birthday party as favors once and they gave up on the kite dream after like 10 minutes.
just an old school one that's buried in my garage somewhere

it's either not going to take off, or I'm going to impale myself

MechDX

Bears thing with Glennon is so strange. Who are they bidding against?

Joe Banner‏Verified account @JoeBanner13 21m21 minutes ago
More
Some of the reports on what teams are interested in what players are completely wrong. Don't know where it comes from.

There is more to every story of free agent interest than what gets out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom