• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was given 2 shots in 4 years. 2 different franchises are paying him to stay home. He needs to reevaluate his methods. They clearly didn't work.

Having an accountant as your GM doesnt count as a real shot, and no one on planet Earth could have won with that 9ers team last year.

vBPqdFL.png
BeCleve

PSG with a Falcon like collapse.

Dwayne Allen is like Martellus Bennett, tons of talent but a god dam knucklehead. If Belichick can't sort you out then god help you.

He's also injury prone, soft and drops a ton of balls and got out played in the same offense by Jack Doyle last year.

The coaching in Indy is pretty shitty so theres a chance, but i wouldnt hold my breath

So what's the story on Allen? Receiving TE? Blocker? Both?

Inconsistent in pretty much every phase of the game, drops balls at key times. Theres always been talent, and potential he has great size, but is also injury prone, hes been in the league 5 years now and the penny still hasn't dropped.

It was a big surprise they signed him to the contract they did last off season, and we got 400 years and 6 TDs out of it.. 3 against a shitty jets team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I really can't believe the Cowboys aren't going to wait it out on Romo

Wait for what exactly? Trade market for a 36 year old broke down Romo they had to get rid of anyway wasn't going to get them much. Jerry does a favor for tony and the 5 mil or whatever it is they save had more value than what they would have got. I guess there was an argument in keeping him till someone pulled a Bradford but shrug

As a Colts fan, put me down as a fan of the Allen trade. In his 5 years, he was good his rookie year. Injury proned. Grigsy gave him a dumb extension which outside of one game (where the Jets had given up the will to live), he underperformed like crazy. Doyle outplayed him in every level and Swoope looked great near the end of the year. Get that contract off the books and make a 6th a 4th (giving Indy 3 4th rounders)? Im down.

That said, New England is.... New England. Im sure he'll go up there, never miss a game, and he'll leave his buttery brick hands in Indy. 70 catches, 8 tds next year! Lol

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The more I think about this trade the more I hate it. Why insure gronk with somebody somehow more injury prone? I get the supposed upside but it's not like he had a crap QB throwing to him like Bennett did.

jbug617

Banned
The more I think about this trade the more I hate it. Why insure gronk with somebody somehow more injury prone? I get the supposed upside but it's not like he had a crap QB throwing to him like Bennett did.

They will draft another TE. Draft is deep. Personally I would gamble on Butt.

Duxxy3

They will draft another TE. Draft is deep. Personally I would gamble on Butt.

Yeah, they can take a gamble on Butt now. Don't need an immediate contributor.

Biggest need is definitely defensive end now. After that it depends on free agent signings. Running back could be a big need if Hightower comes back and Blount leaves.

Jarnet87

Sometimes a guy just need a change of scenery. Martellus Bennett was a massive underperformer on the Cowboys. He had a good QB, he was in a system where they loved throwing to the TE.

Bread

Banned
Yup, he's definitely got me beat in that regard. And I won't have disrespect thrown his way, Printer is funny as fuck too.
I didn't say he wasn't funny you fuck I just said you were funnier now take your compliment before I take it back and give it to Greg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sometimes a guy just need a change of scenery. Martellus Bennett was a massive underperformer on the Cowboys. He had a good QB, he was in a system where they loved throwing to the TE.

Change of scenery can't increase durability or natural ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom