• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hoyer is the best backup a team can have.

If you're going to lose anyways you might as well start him as he's not a total disaster.

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account  @ JasonLaCanfora 27s 28 seconds ago
Would not expect Tony Jefferson to make an absolute final decision til AM, but BAL in the lead. Browns had been pushing. He's getting paid

Me: " ok cool we still have chance "
*looks at his twitter, sees the browns fan attacking him
https://twitter.com/_tonyjefferson

Me: " oh, ok.. he's not signing here lol"

Fox318

Woodhead to the Ravens seems like it inevitably ends with one of the Steelers' LBs ending his career
5md2qXK.gif

Lynch is silencing all the haters!
for now

lynch (and shanahan) are really in a no-lose situation for the next couple years. baalke was so fucking terrible that lynch couldn't possibly do worse. how do you consistently have the most draft picks in the league year after year but you have no fucking depth on your team and no quality starters? baalke lucked into "executive of the year" in harbs first year because harbs coached up a bunch of guys.

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL 2m2 minutes ago
More
Keep an eye on TE Martellus Bennett and CB AJ Bouye and the #Jaguars

Poor AJ. He will be cut in two years a wasted talent

lynch (and shanahan) are really in a no-lose situation for the next couple years. baalke was so fucking terrible that lynch couldn't possibly do worse. how do you consistently have the most draft picks in the league year after year but you have no fucking depth on your team and no quality starters? baalke lucked into "executive of the year" in harbs first year because harbs coached up a bunch of guys.

Exactly, Baalke was fucking up all over the place. Remember AJ Jenkins? *shudders* We could have had JJ Watt instead of Aldon Smith!

We always had a king's ransom in draft picks but goddamnit Baalke always squandered them.

It's just so damn refreshing having a GM doing making some moves during the offseason, this is the most excited I've been as a Niners fan in a long time.

Wait is Baalke really that bad.. I say that because rumor had it Elway wanted him to join Denver front office as a consultant or something.
How much of it was Harbaugh?
I gotta give Baalke credit for the depth the 49ers had early on as well Broncos are following similar blueprint.

Our defence is fucking loaded and people don't even understand. We need a stable offense

Hmm.

kaiju

Wait is Baalke really that bad.. I say that because rumor had it Elway wanted him to join Denver front office as a consultant or something.
I gotta give Baalke credit for the depth the 49ers had early on as well Broncos are following similar blueprint.

Our defence is fucking loaded and people don't even understand. We need a stable offense

He should have been fired after the 2012 draft alone.

Look at this shit:

1 30 A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois
2 61 LaMichael James RB Oregon
4 117 Joe Looney G Wake Forest
5 165 Darius Fleming LB Notre Dame
6 180 Trenton Robinson FS Michigan State
6 199 Jason Slowey T Western Oregon
7 237 Cam Johnson LB Virginia

baalke gets no credit for any of those niners teams from the early 2010's in my opinion. that roster was stacked with players drafted by nolan and mcloughlan. we just had piss poor coaches. along comes the greatest coach of our time and magically these players start producing. i'm too lazy for properly format all of the draft picks from 2010 to now, but i will say in that time we've had 70 draft picks (that is an average of double digit picks per year incase you aren't a math major!) and of those 70 picks i would grade out the following:

NFL starters (i'm being generous here and not qualifying their ability as starters) - 7

the rest of the players are a mix of trash backups on our team/other teams or out of the NFL completely. i'm not sure what the median average for GM/coaches is for finding starters in the draft but you can't go as long as baalke did being completely horrible. the only thing i would bring him on as a consultant for is drafting DB's. that is the only compliment i can give him is that he knew how to spot a good corner. other than that he was completely worthless.

squicken

Romo should have gotten his ring this year. I think Houston offers the better chance over Denver but for whatever reason the Texans seem to love Bork

ProFootballTalk
✔
@ProFootballTalk
Here's something that could keep Kirk Cousins from being traded to the 49ers: Spite
http://
wp.me/p14QSB-agfe

bionic77

Damn Zelda is hard.

I have like 6 hearts and I was starting to get good weapons but those weapons are shit whenever you go to a new area.

Spoilers:

There was one tower that I got to no problem but it was surrounded by water and even worse fucking a ton of lightening powered monsters. I had gotten cocky and the frontal assault did not do shit. I had to be sneaky as fuck and only killed maybe 1/3 of the enemies and just snuck around before I could get high enough on the tower that it did not matter what they did. Put your big boy pants on before going out west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom