• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Whitworth signing with the Rams:

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
Whitworth's deal with Rams: three years, $36m with $15m in guaranteed

Shows how shitty the OL market is, that a 35-year-old can get that type of deal.

Jarnet87

Bucs offense should be fun to watch this year. Feel like they are definitely going RB in the first, Cook being the obvious guy

As an FSU fan I would love to get Dalvin, but drafting Ramcyzk if he is there or the best defensive talent that falls is the smarter pick and get a RB later.

Not like this Kenny, not like this.

MechDX

Barring a breakdown in negotiations, #Browns are expected to sign veteran WR Kenny Britt later today, source told ESPN.

BG? Im doin it and fucking with Eagles GAF at the same time

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As an FSU fan I would love to get Dalvin, but drafting Ramcyzk if he is there or the best defensive talent that falls is the smarter pick and get a RB later.

Yeah I don't disagree but this is the organization that took a kicker in the 2nd (from FSU!). If Cook is still there at 19 I kind of doubt they don't go for it .

PeterGAF

Banned
I'm also concerned. Not this offseason, as I don't see him moving now because of the tender, but in the future. The idea of Belichick paying two corners top-level money for multiple years has my spidey senses up.
I would not be surprised if we see a team go after Butler. If you have a late first round pick and you need serious corner help then why not.

I just hope the pats would be willing to match. I love Butler.

Pepiope

Barring a breakdown in negotiations, #Browns are expected to sign veteran WR Kenny Britt later today, source told ESPN.

BG? Im doin it and fucking with Eagles GAF at the same time
I'm not upset. I preferred Woods, so please get it done. Woods can grow with Carson

spyder_ur

Thinking about it, I think it likely means more for Logan Ryan than Butler. I figured Ryan was gone anyways, but Gilmore is a more prototypical outside CB and maybe they trust Jones in the slot.

effzee

If Britt to Cleveland is true, I really hope the Eagles have a plan in place to upgrade the WR position which doesn't boil down to "let's see who falls to us at 14".

BigAT

"Industry insiders believe Kenny Britt will sign with the Eagles as soon as free agency opens on Thursday."

switch-3.gif

*SWITCH*

"#Browns are expected to sign veteran WR Kenny Britt later today."

LycanXIII

Whitworth signing with the Rams:

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
Whitworth's deal with Rams: three years, $36m with $15m in guaranteed

Shows how shitty the OL market is, that a 35-year-old can get that type of deal.

Offensive Leader for the Bengals gone.

effzee

Bummer but it gets them up to about $16M in cap space

Sucks. Great guy all around but completely disappeared last year in the 4-3. Seems like he wasn't a fit scheme but was kept on for some reason while other misfits were shipped.

Hmm

Hindl

Things are getting awful quiet on the Pryor/Jeffery front. I think Howie's going for them. Which, eh...there's some risk there

Wait wait. Why did the Patriots sign a CB? They have Rowe.

Might trade Butler

Sucks. Great guy all around but completely disappeared last year in the 4-3. Seems like he wasn't a fit scheme but was kept on for some reason while other misfits were shipped.

Hmm

Probably because last year his cap hit was pretty decent, whereas this year he had almost no guaranteed money at all

Gilmore has a ton of talent, but I'd rather see Butler get locked up long term here. Don't get me wrong this year could be special with those two leading the CB corps, but after this year I fear Butler is gone. I don't see BB paying 2 different guys at the same spot top of the league money. I don't expect any team will sacrifice a 1st rounder for Butler, especially since the odds of him hitting the open market next year just went up. The only thing I wonder about is if the Pats got wind that Butler was getting a big offer from somewhere that they weren't going to match so they went after Gilmore.

Tom Penny

I'm also concerned. Not this offseason, as I don't see him moving now because of the tender, but in the future. The idea of Belichick paying two corners top-level money for multiple years has my spidey senses up.
Can't worry about the future. If they have Butler and Gillmore that is among the best duos in the league.

effzee

Probably because last year his cap hit was pretty decent, whereas this year he had almost no guaranteed money at all

Had much higher trade value last year. Could have moved him. Hmmm

So has Dega asked for hipster Barwin to come home yet?

Apparently, there was some trade talk between Eagles and 49ers so wouldn't shock me if he goes there.

Why would any GM trade for aging veterans when they know they will be released anyway?

effzee

Why is Kelce up for trade? We need consistency on OLINE and he isn't the problem with that group.

What would he fetch anyway? a 6th round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom