• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MikeGarafolo
Bears are closing in on an agreement with TE Dion Sims, source says. Dolphins had wanted to retain him and Bears checked with other FA TEs.

Good, this is a deep class for TE and Sims can't block for shit so I'd rather move on

Hindl

Eagles throwing smoke to lower Saints asking price? Or was Cooks the decoy? At this point we better land one of these guys.

No I think they want Jeffery. Cooks to NE seems like a done deal. And if it's between the Bears, the Colts, and the Eagles asking for him, makes sense.

Though what happened to the Titans? Have a feeling they end up with Jeffery cuz they just went quiet after all the FA WR talk

MechDX

G Kevin Zeitler has signed with the #Browns. 5 years, $60 million. $12 per, as expected.

Doin work for my boys Kave. Floyd and Gobias

Live footage of me and BG getting serviced and taking in all this prosperity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVkkYlQNmbc
o0Kp0Gr.png

Here are full details of Brandon Marshall deal. It's essentially 1 yr for $5M+ with team option for $5.5M next yr. https://t.co/f0wuXGTrQ9

— Jordan Raanan (@JordanRaanan) March 9, 2017
The Giants got him for nothing. He told reporters it wasn't about money. From ESPN:

When they brought Marshall in for a visit, he told general manager Jerry Reese the financials weren’t his top priority. Marshall insisted during a conference call with reporters that he could’ve received more money else elsewhere.

"[Giants] definitely didn’t offer me the most money. It probably was the least money," Marshall said. "It was all about championships, to get straight to the point. They presented the best opportunity to be in a championship organization."

Crazy he took so little.

I'm told, as of now, WR Alshon Jeffery is leaning towards choosing the #Eagles when free agency starts.

— Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) March 9, 2017

Not sure how connected this guy is but it seems like there is a lot of smoke around the Eagles and Jeffery now.

Hindl

I'm told, as of now, WR Alshon Jeffery is leaning towards choosing the #Eagles when free agency starts.

— Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) March 9, 2017

Not sure how connected this guy is but it seems like there is a lot of smoke around the Eagles and Jeffery now.

She's an ESPN reporter, not sure how clued in she is though. But agreed, there's a lot of smoke...so I'm expecting disappointment

BG, are the Cleve doing it?

Can't you smell the prosperity?

Zeke

So OBJ, Marshall, Jeffery, Smith and skins lose ALL their WR's which fine. Better invest in a secondary or playmakers on the dline. This season is going to suck.

Hindl

So OBJ, Marshall, Jeffery, Smith and skins lose ALL their WR's which fine. Better invest in a secondary or playmakers on the dline. This season is going to suck.

Luckily this is potentially the greatest secondary draft class of all time and is also deep with edge rushers.

Also luckily, the Eagles also need these things

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Watching this Schefter Cam on espn is weird. He just talking to random staff people on the set and texting here and there lol

Vixdean

10/55 is steep for Kalil but if he works out it's worth it for that position. With competent pass blocking, Olsen can help hide our shitty WRs.

Zeke

Luckily this is potentially the greatest secondary draft class of all time and is also deep with edge rushers.

Also luckily, the Eagles also need these things
Same for Dallas, Mo could very well be gone and Carr too. Church and McClain are gone we have Willcox and Heath as our starting safeties unless they move Byron Jones down to FS but I hate that idea because he's done great at DB.

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 17s17 seconds ago

Browns aren't closing the door on Terrelle Pryor's return but it sounds awfully unlikely at this point.

dionysus

Yaldog
So I can't read twitter. Is the rumored Cooks for Butler deal straight up or are there picks involved.

2 years of control of Cooks for 1 year of control for Butler? I think I like it. Cooks is good, but I feel like almost any receiver can at least be a contributor in the Saints offense. We need a good CB.

Hindl

Same for Dallas, Mo could very well be gone and Carr too. Church and McClain are gone we have Willcox and Heath as our starting safeties unless they move Byron Jones down to FS but I hate that idea because he's done great at DB.

Oh yeah I know, I was kinda amazed when I saw that essentially 4 of your secondary players will be gone. Should be alright with this draft class though

Duxxy3

So I can't read twitter. Is the rumored Cooks for Butler deal straight up or are there picks involved.

2 years of control of Cooks for 1 year of control for Butler? I think I like it. Cooks is good, but I feel like almost any receiver can at least be a contributor in the Saints offense. We need a good CB.

It's been quiet for a while now.

Butler hasn't signed his RFA tender, so there's nothing happening.

Saints may just look elsewhere if they don't want to wait.

Oh yeah I know, I was kinda amazed when I saw that essentially 4 of your secondary players will be gone. Should be alright with this draft class though

The problem is that it's disastrous to start four rookies in the same season. Even promising rookie DBs look like shit their first season. You really want to do that when the team had a legit shot at winning it all last season?

gspec

The saints need a good to great pass rusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom