• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
branch and harmon were on my wants list big time, but it means nothing without hightower. Gilmore is amazing, but its a downgrade if we lose butler.

BROOOCK!

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 16s16 seconds ago
Stunner: Texans trade Brock Osweiler AND 2018 2nd-rd pick to CLEV for Browns to take Osweiler contract off Houston books, sources tell ESPN.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
More
Stunner: Texans trade Brock Osweiler AND 2018 2nd-rd pick to CLEV for Browns to take Osweiler contract off Houston books, sources tell ESPN.

lmao

Zeke

Oh yeah I know, I was kinda amazed when I saw that essentially 4 of your secondary players will be gone. Should be alright with this draft class though
I've been down about losing Church and possibly Mo those are two biggest. I still I've my Jaylon Smith hype! :(

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 53s53 seconds ago

WHAT???????????????

squicken

giphy.gif

Beach

*Lands from Japan trip*

Sees Brown's trade. Good god.

Actually not that bad, they got money to burn and they just got another pick.

Salary dump

Duxxy3

Garoppolo isn't going anywhere now.

Kind of relieved by that.

edit: Shit... that opens up the Texans for a Garoppolo trade.

Meh, he's shit but with the amount of cap space that they have they can easily absorb it. It's a freebie second round pick for all intents and purposes.

Brock can be cut in 2018 with only 6 million in dead cap. Half that for a post June 1st designation.

That's actually a good move for the Browns. They have like, 80 million in cap room.

Texans however now get Romo and become the favorites in the AFC

Hindl

I've played Zelda. This is not what it feel like!

I mean, you don't really lose anything here and you have more cap than you need. You essentially got a free 2nd round pick. Smart for the Browns honestly. Osweiler's contract isn't going to be the difference in them signing anyone, and they can cut him next year

dionysus

Yaldog
So the Browns just valued what a likely low 2nd round pick is worth, 15 million. Then again the Browns have to spend money in 2017 or lose it.

Gobias

Banned
Brock and a 2nd rounder for Malcom Butler!

I mean, you don't really lose anything here and you have more cap than you need. You essentially got a free 2nd round pick. Smart for the Browns honestly. Osweiler's contract isn't going to be the difference in them signing anyone, and they can cut him next year
I initially read it as us giving away a 2nd

Browns so flushed we out here buying draft picks

MechDX

I fucking called it!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom