• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seahawks:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 38s38 seconds ago
More
Former Jaguars' OL Luke Joeckel expects to sign 1-year deal with Seattle Seahawks, per sources. Seattle upgrades its line.

Lions:

Dov Kleiman‏ @NFL_DovKleiman 1m1 minute ago
More
#Lions officially released LB Deandre Levy.

Jags:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 44s44 seconds ago
More
Former Texans CB A.J. Bouye expects to sign with Jaguars barring no final contract snags, per source.

More:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 46s47 seconds ago
More
The #Jaguars deal for AJ Bouye pays him $44M over the first 3 years. Hefty.

Hindl

One year deal is strange.

Yeah, I guess it's a prove it deal. They're probably afraid of a suspension/PED scare, so they want him to stay clean for a year. It works out because if he does well, they'll have the cap space in 2018 and beyond to do a long term deal, and if it doesn't he's gone after 1 year with no effect on the cap. But I would've at least liked him locked up for longer

Colasante

Duron Harmon has signed a four-year, $20 million contract to stay with the Patriots, per source.

Happy that Harmon is returning. Need some stability in that secondary, with Butler and Ryan looking like goners.

Yeah, I guess it's a prove it deal. They're probably afraid of a suspension/PED scare, so they want him to stay clean for a year. It works out because if he does well, they'll have the cap space in 2018 and beyond to do a long term deal, and if it doesn't he's gone after 1 year with no effect on the cap. But I would've at least liked him locked up for longer

There are other ways to work that though. You can make his guaranteed money waived if he tests for PED like they did with Lane Johnson. I mean, it's a prove it deal obviously, but I just don't know if I like it. I don't think he's worth $14m either.

Hindl

Lets say he does play well and not get suspended, then you have to either tag him or give him a huge contract next year. This seems insane. Hopefully sites are just misreporting this.

It's strange, but they'll have the cap space. If he can prove himself, then next year Sproles and JP come off the books, and that's not counting other people like Kendricks, Kelce, and Celek. So they'll have the room to extend him if they want

There are other ways to work that though. You can make his guaranteed money waived if he tests for PED like they did with Lane Johnson. I mean, it's a prove it deal obviously, but I just don't know if I like it. I don't think he's worth $14m either.

Yeah I definitely don't prefer this, but I can see the logic. I would've liked him locked up for at least 2 years, but oh well

More info on the AJ Bouye contract:

Dov Kleiman‏ @NFL_DovKleiman 29s29 seconds ago
More
#Jaguars are paying former #Texans CB A.J. Bouye $67.5 million for 5 years, #Patriots paying CB Stephon Gilmore $65 million for 5-years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Can't lie if i was a bit scared when I first got that Brock alert lmao. I read it as Browns gave up a 2nd. Almost fucking threw up

Pls do this.

Marc Sessler @MarcSesslerNFL
3m
Browns exec to @MikeGarafolo on Osweiler: 'Don't assume this guy is our franchise QB. In fact, we're not so sure about his future (in CLE).'

More Eagles:

Peter Schrager‏Verified account @PSchrags 2m2 minutes ago

Eagles have agreed to a 1 year deal with G Chance Warmack. @gmfb @NFLonFOX

Dov Kleiman‏ @NFL_DovKleiman 16s17 seconds ago

#Eagles signed former #Titans OG Chance Warmack, who was the 10th overall pick in the 2013 draft to a 1-year deal.

Cards:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 29s30 seconds ago
More
Arizona is signing former 49ers kicker Phil Dawson, per sources.

Furyous

@RapSheet

Following
More
From what I understand, the #Browns are weighing simply releasing Brock Osweiler after trading for him. NBA style

How does this impact our cap space? Brock Osweiler turned is on his Rasheed Wallace shit minus actually playing for the team he was traded to. Brock can come to Arizona on a backup deal.

Now the Browns are guaranteed to get a QB in this draft or next. Either we get Deshone, Deshaun, or take a flyer on Mahomes if we draft a QB this year. Next year's class and the one after that are where the studs are. If none of these options work then trade for a young veteran backup.

Duxxy3

Happy that Harmon is returning. Need some stability in that secondary, with Butler and Ryan looking like goners.

fuck_yeah.gif

Love having back Harmon and Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom