• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

Certainly I don't think Philly is that bad, just that Vikings have a more ready roster and got decimated by injuries last year whereas Philly just had an obvious deficiency in talent.
Ya, but we just signed one of the best WRs in the game, and an okay deep threat. If we go Cook at #14, the offense would be scary. I also don't think Alshon is in it for 1 year. He's stays an Eagle as long as the birds want him.

squicken

lol what a homer post. He turned down a long term deal with the Vikings, that had less per year, for a one year deal with PHI. I think he made the right move, even if the money had been the same. But it wasn't

I think it's bad in that it was only one year, should have tried to secure at least a second year option. End of the day though he's getting 14 million dollars...so can't hate.
It's a prove it deal.. I mean.. I think he will be decent for them. If he does, it gives him more flexibility..

Vikes were 5-0 last year before the ol all died. The eagles are a bad team with a terrible head coach. Hopefully they will improve this year but there is no reason to believe they will. Alshon took less to be in a worse spot.
Sometimes Yankee.. you make me look positive about the Browns with how negative you are about the Eagles.. and that's say a lot.

It's a prove it deal.. I mean.. I think he will be decent for them. If he does, it gives him more flexibility..

Sometimes Yankee.. you make me look positive about the Browns with how negative you are about the Eagles.. and that's say a lot.
I am not negative at all. I am realistic. How does Torrey Smith's contract compare to Brandon Marshall's?

kaiju

Cousins dilemma update:

C6gr2pDV4AAGL1u.jpg:large

BigAT

I am not negative at all. I am realistic. How does Torrey Smith's contract compare to Brandon Marshall's?

Bad franchises have to overpay for players in free agency, it happens. It's the tax you pay to get a player to come and give up on any chance of winning a ring.

squicken

Poor Chip. He had to coach a dumpster fire roster and now they go about improving it

Cousins thing is so weird. He must really like Kyle Shannahan

Who will the Texans sign if not Romo? Surely Savage isn't their QB of 2017

Hindl

Decline from what? If he's anything like this year they will suck.

Yeah i mean continue the decline that started last year. In 2015 he was great but last year was bad. So if that keeps up he's not taking them anywhere. But if last year was an outlier that's more interesting

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Poor Chip. He had to coach a dumpster fire roster and now they go about improving it

Cousins thing is so weird. He must really like Kyle Shannahan

Not weird at all to me. Cousins' career has been probably the most dysfunctional period of the Snyder era, and that's saying quite a bit.

That he wants to work with shanahan again is just an easy out for him.

effzee

The Eagles are a better team. Alshon Jeffery is a huge signing for the Eagles.

I think Eagles-GAF is underrating these moves.

I'm not. These moves alone don't make an off-season but they do immediately improve the WR group from bottom 3 in the league to at least top 10 if Alshon stays healthy.

If they don't add a first round WR, I'd like them to add a burner WR from the later rounds, and take a game changer RB at 14 or a top rated CB.

I hate Howie as much as anyone and think Chip was robbed thanks to backstabbing Howie. But I can't hate on these moves.

Improve the run game, with these WRS in addition to Matthews and Ertz, and the Eagles have a really good chance to be a potent offense.

effzee

If Racists do trade Cousins to SF, assuming it's for their 1st overall pick, do they take Watson or whoever is the top rated QB? Basically another rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom