• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Really surprise that nobody went after Hightower.

Well there was no word around Harmon either.

I don't think it's because Harmon didn't get any offers. Chances are Hightower has some offers on the table already. It would be great if we knew what was going on by the weekend.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
maybe Brock should fix his slow as shit mechanics and delivery and learn how to play QB.

Basically this.

Also he should grow a pair. What a bitch ass QB.

The question is whether that's legit or whether this is a hit piece from Snyder.

yep

Thing is the way scot handled this whole thing had me feeling initially like he for sure fucked up in some kind of way

Because if you had scots reputation and worked with a team with a reputation like the skins, why the fuck would you just sit back and play nice and keep your mouth shut and go along with the excuse that you're taking time off because of personal reasons? he could have easily just said hey these guys are dysfunctional and not letting me do my job and are forcing me out now. He played this whole thing like a guy who knew the other side had leverage.

And you could say well of course he couldn't just say all that shit while under contract but he had plenty of opportunities where he could have leaked things to the press. This played out for a while and he went along with the charade the whole time.

I'm not sure who to believe but if Scot is completely fine in terms of his health he was an idiot for letting the Skins control the narrative. And if the Skins are lying about Scot to save face...that's a whole new low.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well there was no word around Harmon either.

I don't think it's because Harmon didn't get any offers. Chances are Hightower has some offers on the table already. It would be great if we knew what was going on by the weekend.
Word is he didn't like the offers he got and is probably coming back.

squicken

That guy made huge contributions to the Harbaugh 49ers, Chickens' current roster, and the Redskins' pretty good team. I'd stock his office with tequila, hire him a driver, and tell him to go build me a winner

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Every since Zelda came out, I have been getting serviced nonstop.

Revised predictions for 2017
1.) Trump impeached
2.) Mario Odyssey is the BotW of Mario.
3.) 8-8
4.) Floy imprisoned
5.) Hospitalized for too much servicing.

Gobi for president!

Striker

Decline from what? If he's anything like this year they will suck.
Looks like Reese is banking on the same OL so that remains to be seen. Still awaiting how they address the TE in the draft and Vereen. Marshall is a massive upgrade to Cruz as the outside guy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Man, what a crazy day in the NFL and for the Lions. I just went to MLive to see the latest Lions news, I love the new signings Bob Quinn is doing but I'm stunned we cut DeAndre Levy.

I had such high hopes for him after his Pro Bowl 2013-2014 seasons but injuries really derailed his career. Pretty much means we're drafting a Linebacker in the first two rounds.

Oh, and what a sight it would be if the Lions signed TJ Lang.

I've really disliked him and the Packers offensive line because of all the bullshit they've pulled throughout the years but if he wants to jump ship and don the Honolulu Blue and Silver, let's go and win this Super Bowl. All is forgiven.

Restore the Roar

Hindl

Looks like Reese is banking on the same OL so that remains to be seen. Still awaiting how they address the TE in the draft and Vereen. Marshall is a massive upgrade to Cruz as the outside guy.

Yeah Marshall was pretty much the perfect signing for you guys. If Eli can get 3 seconds in the pocket you should really improve on offense

C6g82toVsAEiBlC.jpg
We're doing it..

Bitanator

Any cowboys fan have an opinion on Ronald Leary?

Real nasty streak to him, you got to love that about a guard. He will be missed here as I think Collins still has some learning to do. Then again playing next to the best LT in the game has its benefits, but I think Leary was damn good, will bring your line some mad dog attitude

bender

What time is it?
Any cowboys fan have an opinion on Ronald Leary?

He's better than La'el Collins who replaced him. The problem with Leary is two-fold. The Cowboys have to re-sign Zach Martin and they already have a lot of money invested in Smith and Fredrick. Everyone on the line can't be played a premium. Leary also has a degenerative knee condition which is why he went undrafted out of college. Giving him a long term, big money contract is risky.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I had no idea TJ Lang hailed from the Detroit area, makes a potential signing much more likely

Detroit could have an inside track on Lang, too, who hails from the area. He's from Royal Oak, attended Brother Rice High School in Bloomfield Hills and played his college ball at Eastern Michigan. So a return to the mitten could be enticing.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...j_lang_to_visi.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Step 1.) Sign TJ Lang and further solidify the offensive line

Step 2.) Draft nothing but defense and one Running Back in the draft

Step 3.) ???

Step 4.) Go 13-3 in dominating fashion as we cruise to a Super Bowl

bionic77

Every since Zelda came out, I have been getting serviced nonstop.

Revised predictions for 2017
1.) Trump impeached
2.) Mario Odyssey is the BotW of Mario.
3.) 8-8
4.) Floy imprisoned
5.) Hospitalized for too much servicing.
If Mario is even 90% as good as Zelda it's going to put a huge stress on the medical system in this country.

A man can only take so much servicing.

Hindl

I had no idea TJ Lang hailed from the Detroit area, makes a potential signing much more likely

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...j_lang_to_visi.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Step 1.) Sign TJ Lang and further solidify the offensive line

Step 2.) Draft nothing but defense and one Running Back in the draft

Step 3.) ???

Step 4.) Go 13-3 in dominating fashion as we cruise to a Super Bowl

Sign Detroit native Connor Barwin. He deserves to get a contract and he has the skyline tattooed on his arm

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sign Detroit native Connor Barwin. He deserves to get a contract and he has the skyline tattooed on his arm

I've actually always liked Connor Barron when I've seen him play for the Eagles. He's a solid defensive end, technique wise, I'm surprised you guys cut him.

I wouldn't mind signing him but we just signed two players on the defensive line:

Lions sign Bears DE Cornelius Washington to 2-year, $6 million deal

Detroit Lions sign former Buccaneers DT Akeem Spence

Hunter S.

He's better than La'el Collins who replaced him. The problem with Leary is two-fold. The Cowboys have to re-sign Zach Martin and they already have a lot of money invested in Smith and Fredrick. Everyone on the line can't be played a premium. Leary also has a degenerative knee condition which is why he went undrafted out of college. Giving him a long term, big money contract is risky.

Thanks all, I will have to look closer at the contract.

WedgeX

Banned

MechDX

Hitting up Texans message boards and Twitter anyone with a Browns jersey on in the city of Houston tonight is getting free beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom